• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon Developing Jack Reacher Drama Series Based On Books From Nick Santora
In a competitive situation, Amazon has landed the rights to develop a script-to-series drama based on the Jack Reacher character from Lee Child's bestselling book series, from Scorpion creator Nick Santora. The project will be a co-production of Amazon Studios, Skydance Television and Paramount Television.

Santora will write, executive produce and serve as showrunner for the series.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious what the people watching the Good Fight on CBS think of the show. I guess it's like, "wow, it's been 5+ years since the Good Wife and they're finally doing a spinoff?"

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
huh, I guess Amazon's response to Netflix's dominance, Hulu's rising profile with the Disney takeover, and Warnermedia doing the HBO MAX thing is to become the CBS of streaming services nothing but strapping young, white men named Jack fighting the baddies.

(okay so it's just this + Jack Ryan... and I almost wrote Reacher instead of Ryan because in my mind they're really just the same character)

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Rubicon sighting: You Can Finally Watch AMC's Short-Lived Spy Drama Rubicon Again
On July 1, AMC quietly added the series to its subscription-based AMC Premiere service, with all 13 episodes available to stream ad-free. If you have a cable subscription, you can also watch the first three episodes of the show (with ads) on AMC's website and app. And, Vulture has learned, if you're a hard-core cord-cutter without a login, AMC will let anyone with an internet connection watch the show's first episode for a month, starting Friday. The downside, of course: If you end up loving Rubicon, you might be frustrated. The show ends with a cliffhanger and there are no plans to revive it.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody watched it before, why would they now?

I'm sure it still sucks.
tumblr_lhpy9aLSrf1qdgme1.gif

also I love how googling for Rubicon gifs, even in a fresh browser window + VPN, yields this thread (or rather the last iteration of it) as one of the top results. ❤ to you all.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Rubicon, but the finale's 'twist' with that neighbor character was uninspired and lame. I certainly would have watched more, but the finale felt like it made some boring moves.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
So I downloaded CW Seed on my Apple TV because I want to stream Hellcats and bask in the glory that is cheerleading law students.

And they literally have a category called "One Season Wonders" with all their prematurely cancelled shows like Ringer, The Secret Circle and Blade: The Series. Woah.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

Oh right this is happening, they haven't pissed me off too much yet!

edit, full list:
Drama Series

"Better Call Saul" (AMC)
"Bodyguard" (Netflix)
"Game of Thrones" (HBO)
"Killing Eve" (AMC/BBC America)
"Ozark" (Netflix)
"Pose" (FX)
"Succession" (HBO)
"This Is Us" (NBC)

Comedy Series

"Barry" (HBO)
"Fleabag" (Amazon Prime)
"The Good Place" (NBC)
"The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" (Amazon Prime)
"Russian Doll" (Netflix)
"Schitt's Creek"
"Veep"

Limited Series

"Chernobyl" (HBO)
"Escape at Dannemora" (Showtime)
"Fosse/Verdon" (FX)
"Sharp Objects" (HBO)
"When They See Us" (Netflix)

Television Movie

"Black Mirror"
"Bandersnatch"
"Brexit"
"Deadwood"
"KingLear"
"MyDinnerWithHerve"

Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Jason Bateman ("Ozark")
Sterling K. Brown ("This Is Us")
Kit Harington ("Game of Thrones")
Bob Odenkirk ("Better Call Saul")
Billy Porter ("Pose")
Milo Ventimiglia ("This Is Us")

Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Emilia Clarke ("Game of Thrones")
Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve")
Viola Davis ("How to Get Away With Murder")
Laura Linney ("Ozark")
Mandy Moore ("This Is Us")
Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve")
Robin Wright ("House of Cards")

Lead Actor in a Comedy Series

Anthony Anderson ("Black-ish")
Don Cheadle ("Black Monday")
Ted Danson ("The Good Place")
Michael Douglas ("The Kominsky Method")
Bill Hader ("Barry")
Eugene Levy ("Schitt's Creek")

Lead Actress in a Comedy Series

Christina Applegate ("Dead to Me")
Rachel Brosnahan ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")
Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("Veep")
Natasha Lyonne ("Russian Doll")
Catherine O'Hara ("Schitt's Creek")
Phoebe Waller-Bridge ("Fleabag")

Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie

Mahershala Ali ("True Detective")
Benicio Del Toro ("Escape at Dannemora")
Hugh Grant ("A Very English Scandal")
Jared Harris ("Chernobyl")
Jharrel Jerome ("When They See Us")
Sam Rockwell ("Fosse/Verdon")

Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie

Amy Adams ("Sharp Objects")
Patricia Arquette ("Escape at Dannemora")
Aunjanue Ellis ("When They See Us")
Joey King ("The Act")
Niecy Nash ("When They See Us")

Variety Talk Show

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah (Comedy Central)
Full Frontal with Samantha Bee (TBS)
Jimmy Kimmel Live (ABC)
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)
Late Late Show with James Corden (CBS)
Late Show with Stephen Colbert (CBS)

Nothing too egregious, but that lead comedy actress category is very white. Which does reflect the offerings, but man they should just have given one to Michaela Coel when she was doing Chewing Gum

Last edited:

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Game of Thrones, Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke getting nominated.

Why. The. Fuck.

These weren't great performances, the show was downright trash writing. None of this should be a thing that's happening.

Imagine a show like Better Call Saul losing an Emmy to Game of Thrones Season 8.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Game of Thrones, Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke getting nominated.

Why. The. Fuck.

These weren't great performances, the show was downright trash writing. None of this should be a thing that's happening.

Imagine a show like Better Call Saul losing an Emmy to Game of Thrones Season 8.

Emilia really sold the hell out of the writing she was given and I'll die on that hill for mah queen.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
wow that's like the same 10 shows over and over.

also, Black Mirror is not a Television movie. it's a series.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Then I guess I misunderstood your original post? It's Bandersnatch that's nominated for TV movie.

Television Movie

"Black Mirror"
"Bandersnatch"
"Brexit"
"Deadwood"
"KingLear"
"MyDinnerWithHerve"

This list was pasted oddly then. Should be:

"Black Mirror - Bandersnatch"
"Brexit"
"Deadwood"
"King Lear"
"My Dinner With Herve"

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bandersnatch is probably going to win for being the first mainstream example of this CYOA mini-series thing.

Shame Mosaic won't ever get the respect its due because of this.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Everyone, get on this. Or leave this thread in shame.
I'll never get over this fucking show getting cancelled and I've been lurking this thread far enough back to know dead souls just hates everything lol. It was brilliant and AMC should really reevaluate its life
missed this.

today is really insistent on breaking me.

missy elliot does a big interview confirming new music this year, Rubicon, RUBICON, RUBICON, and this just looking fucking brilliant (Alexander Skarsgård chewing scenery is always such a delight).
FLA looks really great to me. It feels like the perfect roll for Dunst. She killed it in her manic angry performance in Fargo and this looks like it ratchets that up to ten. They actually filmed it in Nola and her husband (Jesse Plemons) kept coming into my restaurant to get scotch and snacks at the bar. Such a cool guy and was one of those rare treat actors to wait on. Socialized with any bar patron and was funny and unassuming

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Emilia really sold the hell out of the writing she was given and I'll die on that hill for mah queen.
Lol. I mean, I know I post asshole comments all the time but Emilia Clarke literally cannot act. She is terrible in everything I've ever seen her in. The only award she should be nominated for is a Razzie.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Lol. I mean, I know I post asshole comments all the time but Emilia Clarke literally cannot act. She is terrible in everything I've ever seen her in. The only award she should be nominated for is a Razzie.
Yeah. Same with Kit to be perfectly honest. He has exactly one emotion and plays every scene with that sad puppy face regardless of whether the scene demands it. Tormented Jon Snow even when reunited with his long lost favorite sister.

There's just no excuse for GoT to be nominated in any category for this season. It's typical "show is ending give them all the awards" Emmy bs.

Like how are all the women and men in the show nominated for supporting actor all at once.

So many deserving people got left out because of it, and that's just stupid.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
There's just no excuse for GoT to be nominated in any category for this season. It's typical "show is ending give them all the awards" Emmy bs.

Like how are all the women and men in the show nominated for supporting actor all at once.

So many deserving people got left out because of it, and that's just stupid.

Yeah. I do think Emilia Clarke gave her best performance ever in season 8, but most of the other actors shouldn't have been nominated (Carice van Houten? Seriously? And I've always enjoyed Lena Heady on the show but she literally did nothing besides stand by a window, drink wine, and look constipated for the entirety of the season). HBO's Emmy voting bloc is extremely powerful, so that's what's up, but I do kinda expect only a few of the actors to go home with anything.

Also, Ozark? Really, Emmys? Kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel there dontcha think

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Trying to keep HBO distinct from HBO Max somaybeyoushouldhavegivenyourstreamingserviceadifferentnamethen
Yeah, not really sure what the point of this is. Brand confusion is already inevitable if that is what the intention is, but it shouldn't be the intention. This should just be the future of HBO full stop. It makes the most sense.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
- Dune TV show will air in between the movies
- Several DC projects in the works
- CNNish programming in time for the election
- "High end" unscripted (design and travel) programming in the works
- Children's programming with strong "visual ambition"
- Trying to keep HBO distinct from HBO Max somaybeyoushouldhavegivenyourstreamingserviceadifferentnamethen

Oh dear. Nonstop news being even more nonstop? I feel like we're already past our breaking point.

And, they're seriously going to try to distinguish HBOMax and HBO proper? Why even give it the HBO name then?

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ozark, to me, is borderline unwatchable because of that damned blue filter.

Tom Hollander and Sofie Grabol to star in BBC Adaptation of David Nicholls' "Us"
The four-part series has finally begun filming after being initially commissioned in 2016. Wanderlust's Nick Payne was initially attached to write but the adaptation is now being handled by original author Nicholls, who wrote Patrick Melrose, himself.

The cast is rounded out by Saskia Reeves (Luther), Tom Taylor (The Dark Tower), Iain De Caestecker (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D) and Thaddea Graham (Curfew).

Hollander plays Douglas Petersen, who is blindsided when his wife Connie, played by Reeves, tells him that she's not sure she wants to be married to him anymore. Agreeing to still go on their planned family grand tour of Europe, Douglas vows to win back the love of his wife and repair his troubled relationship with their son Albie, played by Taylor.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
- Dune TV show will air in between the movies
- Several DC projects in the works
- CNNish programming in time for the election
- "High end" unscripted (design and travel) programming in the works
- Children's programming with strong "visual ambition"
HBO Max should feel curated and selective, she said.

"We could load in our whole library; we could make more shows," Aubrey said, noting that AT&T sees this as a long-term investment. But "what we want when people go on the platform is to feel like everything they're seeing...deserves their attention."
Ugh, they totally gonna deprioritize adding 70% of the Warner Bros film/TV catalog. But hey, they'll have that Friends shit!

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not really sure what the point of this is. Brand confusion is already inevitable if that is what the intention is, but it shouldn't be the intention. This should just be the future of HBO full stop. It makes the most sense.

The HBO brand shouldn't be eclipsing 96 years of Warner's legacy, but if that's really what they want then they need to actually commit to it.

Ugh, they totally gonna deprioritize adding 70% of the Warner Bros film/TV catalog. But hey, they'll have that Friends shit!

Gotta have stuff people actually want to watch after all!

but no I hope they have someone knowledgeable of and reverent about Warner's catalog who is curating the content and not just someone who prioritizes the biggest and most popular titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.