• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Bringing back the Banana Splits, the trippy-dippy zany collective of Bingo, Fleegle, Drooper and Snorky, introduced back in 1968 as the anthropomorphic hosts of The Banana Splits Adventure Hour variety program.
Sigh, another day another reboo-
This time around, however, the Banana Splits are being served up in a horror thriller.
oh.
The original movie will premiere this year from Blue Ribbon Content, Warner Bros Television Group's digital studio, via a Warner Bros. Home Entertainment release that will be followed by the television debut on Syfy. The official synopsis: "In the upcoming horror thriller, a boy named Harley and his family (brother Austin, mother Beth, and father Mitch) attend a taping of The Banana Splits TV show, which is supposed to be a fun-filled birthday for young Harley and business as usual for Rebecca, the producer of the series. But things take an unexpected turn — and the body count quickly rises. Can Harley, his mom and their new pals safely escape?"
oh

The high profile show based on George R.R. Martin's writings got canned
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
'Nightflyers': No Season 2 For George R.R. Martin Horror Thriller Series On Syfy
Syfy has opted not to renew Nightflyers for a second season. A rep for the network confirmed to Deadline that Syfy would not be picking up additional episodes of the high-profile space horror drama based on the novella by George R.R. Martin.

Nighflyers [seriously Deadline, get some editors dammit], which went straight-to-series after Netflix came on board as co-producer/international distributor alongside UCP, had a multi-platform rollout in December, with all 10 episodes debuting across all Syfy platforms timed to the beginning of the linear telecast.

The series' linear ratings were pretty modest despite stunts that included telecasts with limited commercial interruption across all platforms and weekend marathons giving fans an additional opportunity to catch up on the series.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
lol @ the title

(also wow Syfy loves cancelling their space shows. though, given the early December burn off that Nightflyers received, I'm not surprised)

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Working my way through Person of Interest, I only just started season 2 and this show has such a huge cast of high quality actors and actresses from other shows.

Seems like half the cast of House of Cards is in this show, people from Justified, Angel, Sneaky Pete, Lost, Man in the High Castle, and on and on.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I have never even heard of Nightflyers. Not even the novella. Was either the book or show any good? I assume it will eventually pop up on US Netflix now.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I only made it about 3 or 4 episodes into Nightflyers, but I found the show to just be incredibly dull. It wasn't really bad or terrible, just kinda middle-of-the-road & quite boring. The central story is told in such a muddy fashion that I quickly lost interest.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
from wiki

Nightflyers was actually awful, there's no reason to be sad about its cancellation.
Damn I keep meaning to watch Wynonna Earp but it always slip my mind. Man I use to live on the Syfy channel. Stargate, Warehouse 13, Haven, Alphas, Eureka, etc

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn I keep meaning to watch Wynonna Earp but it always slip my mind. Man I use to live on the Syfy channel. Stargate, Warehouse 13, Haven, Alphas, Eureka, etc
Wynonna Earp has a small budget and some bad acting (compared to something like Supernatural) but it also has a REALLY likeable cast, much like Haven and W13.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Feb-19.TUE_.png

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Wynonna Earp has a small budget and some bad acting (compared to something like Supernatural) but it also has a REALLY likeable cast, much like Haven and W13.
I'd really have to wonder how something manages to have a small budget relative to Supernatural. That show's budget is down to basically "a car" now.

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
It
I'm getting the feeling that they're starting to go for the indie comics market. Both Happy and Deadly Class have a lot of creator involvement.

And Harry Potter movies on the weekends.
I liked Happy! That being said, I thought it's ratings were poor and it only barely got renewed?

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd really have to wonder how something manages to have a small budget relative to Supernatural. That show's budget is down to basically "a car" now.
The show is on the air for 14 years, I imagine the salaries of the main two leads are quite substantial especially since the show couldn't continue without one of them. Also they've built a new set for their "base of operations" a few years ago and there are plenty of recurring characters.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Umbrella Academy is a lock for "best soundtrack of 2019" easily, but I wodner how much it drives up the price of the show since its all licensed stuff.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

NEWS: Met with @Netflix about @OneDayAtATime S4 They made clear that they love the show, love how it serves underrepresented audiences, love its heart & humor, but...we need more viewers. They'll decide soon. I wish I felt more confident WHAT CAN YOU DO? Tell friends to watch!

Whoa! #RenewODAAT is trending worldwide!! Thank you!! New people, watch us! Live outside the US?? ...then DEFINITELY watch us! Thank you all! This love is overwhelming!! #RenewODAAT

ODAAT better get renewed.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
That feels weirdly manipulative on Netflix's part. The show's viewership is what it is and it's unlikely to change significantly (as it evidently hasn't over the last few seasons, even with previous "Everyone watch!" campaigns) and I doubt the show costs all that much to produce, so I'm sure they've already made up their minds on whether to renew it or not. They should either drop the pretense and announce they've committed to it for a few more years (at however small a loss that would incur) or just cancel it.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

ODAAT better get renewed.

It's so weird when there's no way to know what counts as a success. I'd assumed this was a sure thing.

----
Get Krackin had sign language interpreters the entire episode and it's clear they were doing something else. I hope someone translates them.
Zb9EedI.jpg

The Adam Hills cameo was also a nice touch, considering he's basically a disability rights advocate and they had him play the opposite on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.