• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Wait what, next episode of Seal Team isn't until march 13th? Why the long ass break? :(

Last episode was so good.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
We got some more details on WarnerMedia's forthcoming streaming service:
"We have really high expectations for our streaming service. We don't think there's going to be a proliferation of these that will succeed over time," Stephenson said. The company's entry into the streaming wars has generally been viewed as a pure subscription offering coming to market in close proximity to Disney's launch of the subscription service Disney+. But the AT&T boss said the capabilities of the company's Xandr advertising technology unit would definitely come into play. "Our model will be a two-sided model, with a heavy subscription service but some ad-supported elements as well," Stephenson said.
WarnerMedia has said it will launch its streaming service by the end of 2019. Executives have kept many details close to the vest, though they revealed late last year that the new service will have three tiers and will incorporate some HBO content. Many industry observers and investors have wondered how the company will reconcile the overall push into streaming with support for HBO Now, the premium network's stand-alone OTT service.

Stephenson didn't offer a lot of clarity on that point, or on the specific mix of AVOD and SVOD ingredients, but said the company's deep library affords it some flexibility.
So it still sounds like a fucking mess that they don't know what to do with so they're doing everything.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings. It was mostly reruns since we were supposed to have the SOTU address last night, but that got postponed to next Tuesday:

Fast-Demo-2019-Jan-29.TUE_.png

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
LA Times: AMC will air 'Killing Eve' as 'The Walking Dead' network seeks a new hit
The stylish, darkly comic BBC America espionage thriller "Killing Eve" was an entry on many TV critics' 10-best lists in 2018 and brought a Golden Globe, a Screen Actors Guild Award and an Emmy nomination to its star, Sandra Oh.

But can it be a TV drama game-changer on the scale of "Breaking Bad," "Mad Men" or even the mega-hit zombie apocalypse drama "The Walking Dead"?

AMC Networks will find out April 7 when it begins airing the entire second season of "Killing Eve" across two of its channels: BBC America and the company's more widely viewed flagship, AMC.

"It's a great opportunity to expose more people to 'Killing Eve,'" AMC Networks Chief Operating Officer Ed Carroll said in a recent interview at the company's New York office. "These times demand trying some nonconventional methods. And if you have a platform as big and broad as AMC, then it seems like a good thing to try."

The unusual attempt to elevate "Killing Eve" from a niche network favorite to a mass audience hit comes at critical time for AMC and other cable networks that are having to work harder than ever to get viewers' attention amid a tsunami of programming choices.

While launching a hit the magnitude of "The Walking Dead" may no longer be possible in today's more fragmented TV market, AMC believes "Killing Eve" has the potential to become a more potent asset.
More analysis via the link.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'Dark Cargo': Lodge Kerrigan To Direct, Nick Santora Set As Showrunner Of YouTube's Pilot
The Girlfriend Experience co-creator/director Lodge Kerrigan is set to direct and Scorpion creator/executive producer Nick Santora is attached as showrunner of YouTube Premium's drama pilot Dark Cargo, from Entertainment One and Canada's Counterfeit Pictures and SEVEN24 Films.

The project, written by Adam and Max Reid, is executive produced by Ben Stiller and Nicky Weinstock via their Red Hour Productions banner. eOne serves as the studio. Production is set to start in Alberta at the end of March.

Dark Cargo is described as a high-octane, cliffhanger-driven, neo-noir thriller set in the big rig cab of Joe Dobbs as he traverses the darkest nights of his life. What begins as a random encounter with a disturbed stranger turns into a race against time, the police, and even more malevolent forces. All the while, Joe just wants to get back to his family.

Kerrigan is co-creator, executive producer and director of The Girlfriend Experience on Starz. His previous directing credits include The Killing, The Red Road, The Americans, Bates Motel, Longmire and Homeland. On the feature side, he wrote and directed the 2010 Rebecca H. (Return to the Dogs), which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

'Hanna': Amazon Sets Post-Super Bowl Sneak Preview Of Drama Series

Those NFL guys have nothing on Hanna, the young title character in Amazon's upcoming drama series. And the streamer said today that it will offer a 24-hour sneak preview of the first episode starting after the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Oct 25, 2017
The void
Actually really enjoying Roswell aside from how they're butchering the gay romance. "I'm mad at you because you sold this guy copper wiring from the junkyard". Really? I rolled my eyes so hard.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Stephen King's 'The Stand' Ordered To Series At CBS All Access
CBS All Access has given a 10-episode order to The Stand, a new adaptation of Stephen King's bestselling novel as a limited event. The project hails from Josh Boone (The Fault In Our Stars) and SEAL Team creator/executive producer Ben Cavell, and CBS Televisions Studios.

Boone and Cavell penned the adaptation, and Boone will direct. The Stand is King's apocalyptic vision of a world decimated by plague and embroiled in an elemental struggle between good and evil. The fate of mankind rests on the frail shoulders of the 108-year-old Mother Abagail and a handful of survivors. Their worst nightmares are embodied in a man with a lethal smile and unspeakable powers: Randall Flagg, the Dark Man.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The Twilight Zone premieres April 1 on CBS All Access

The streaming service's revival of the iconic anthology series will premiere on Monday, April 1, TVLine has learned.

The drama will kick off with a two-episode launch, followed by weekly installments beginning Thursday, April 11.

https://tvline.com/2019/01/30/the-twilight-zone-revival-premiere-date-cbs-all-access/

I have to admit the cast lineup for this series has me very intrigued. Curious to see how the episode quality ratio turns out.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Directed by Josh Boone (The Fault in Our Stars, The New Mutants)" is definitely up there in the least optimistic I've ever been hearing entertainment news
This has been Boone's baby for the past 5 years. He's talked a lot about how much he wanted to direct "The Stand" and how much it meant to him, so I have faith that he'll do this justice.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is my favorite book. The many attempts since the miniseries in the 90's has been a long road, so I'll be incredibly interested to see how this turns out. 10 episodes will potentially cover a lot of ground, I'll be kind of optimistic for now! Lost semi-copied its best moment, so I'm curious if they'll play it differently.
Same here, probably my favorite book from Stephen King. I'm happy this is being turned into a 10 ep series, there's just so much content and characters that a movie or a shorter miniseries wouldn't be able to cover properly.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Well, if you must adapt my favorite book into a series CBS, I won't stop you.

"I read The Stand under my bed when I was 12, and my Baptist parents burned it in our fireplace upon discovery," said Boone. "Incensed, I stole my Dad's FedEx account number and mailed King a letter professing my love for his work. Several weeks later, I came home to find a box had arrived from Maine, and inside were several books, each inscribed with a beautiful note from god himself, who encouraged me in my writing and thanked me for being a fan. My parents, genuinely moved by King's kindness and generosity, lifted the ban on his books that very day. I wrote King a cameo as himself in my first film and have been working to bring The Stand to the screen for five years. I've found incredible partners in CBS All Access and Ben Cavell. Together with Stephen King, Owen King, my longtime producing partners Knate Lee and Jill Killington, we plan to bring you the ultimate version of King's masterwork."

At least we'll see someone with passion for the book adapt it.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Fox must be so incredibly happy. Such a standout in the ratings (even though there are reruns).

Netflix cleans the Full House
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
'New York Undercover' Reboot Pilot Ordered By ABC From Dick Wolf & Ben Watkins, Anthony Hemingway To Direct
ABC has given a formal pilot order to New York Undercover, a contemporary reboot of Dick Wolf's 1990s series, from Wolf and Hand of God creator Ben Watkins. Anthony Hemingway (Underground, American Crime Story) has come on board to direct the pilot, produced by Wolf Films, Universal TV, where the company is based, and ABC Studios.

New York Undercover, which had a pilot production commitment, joins another ABC pilot that reboots a 1990s New York cop drama in present day, NYPD Blue. Also like NYPD Blue, which is bringing back original cast members Kim Delaney and Bill Brochtrup, the new New York Undercover too is expected to feature cast members from the original series reprising their roles.
Written by Watkins based on a story by Wolf and him, New York Undercover picks up 20 years after the end of the original series that changed the face of TV cop dramas. It will follow detectives Nat Gilmore and Melissa Ortiz as they investigate the city's most dangerous criminals from Harlem to Battery Park. Some cast members from the original series are expected to reprise their roles.
sure.

'Fuller House' Renewed For Fifth & Final Season By Netflix
We have not seen the last of the Tanner-Fuller family. A little over a month after the release of Fuller House's fourth season, the multi-camera comedy has been renewed for a fifth, which will be the Full House spinoff's last.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I found Fiona to be the last interesting character in the show over these past few seasons. All her storylines are the same shit. Debby, Lip, Carl, Liam and Frank have had much more interesting arc's taking them to new places.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how The Masked Singer is so popular, to each their own I guess.

And just looking at CW ratings in general...how in blue skies is Supernatural still pulling higher ratings than newer shows on the network? You'd think Jensen and Jared would be getting tired of the show but I guess it can keep going so long as it has decent stories in the tank.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Man, I have so much Shameless to catch up on. 9 seasons!

Also, I need to watch Fuller House but just go to Full House instead. It's nostalgic and less forced. Less cheesy. Better.

Any idea when the hell Life in Pieces S4 airs? I need more of its greatness

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Bryan Cranston To Headline 'Your Honor' Legal Drama Series For Showtime
Bryan Cranston has signed on to star in and executive produce Showtime's high-profile limited series Your Honor, The legal thriller, based on the hot Israeli drama format (Kvodo), hails from the creators of two acclaimed legal drama series: Peter Moffat, whose BAFTA-winning Criminal Justice was the basis for HBO's Emmy-winning limited series The Night Of, and The Good Wife's Robert and Michelle King. It's slated to go into production later this year in New Orleans.

Cranston's deal comes 15 months after Your Honor was picked up by Showtime with a straight-to-series order and a lengthy casting process. Cranston was the first choice to the role and the first actor approached. While [my note: goddammit Deadline, hire a fucking editor "while" what exactly?]
Written by British TV writer/playwright Moffat, the 10-episode limited series rips through all strata of New Orleans society. Cranston will star as a respected judge whose son is involved in a hit-and-run that leads to a high-stakes game of lies, deceit and impossible choices.

The series is being adapted from the Israeli series Kvodo
Oh hey we finally got news on this, I started to think it was dead.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I found Fiona to be the last interesting character in the show over these past few seasons. All her storylines are the same shit. Debby, Lip, Carl, Liam and Frank have had much more interesting arc's taking them to new places.
I don't know, I think turning her into a semi successful business woman was quite a good arc. Now I really have no idea what state they're going to leave her character in. The best result I can maybe see is rehab? Jimmy's resurrected corpse swooping in to save her? I would've thought keeping her mildly successful off camera would be their direction but it seems too late now.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Man, I have so much Shameless to catch up on. 9 seasons!

Any idea when the hell Life in Pieces S4 airs? I need more of its greatness

Wife and I just finished all 8 seasons of Shameless on Netflix, and neither of us regrets a second of it.

CBS has always treated Life in Pieces as a mid-season show, which I don't understand. As their sitcoms go, it's probably their strongest.

Status
Not open for further replies.