• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Re Billions,

- I get that Chuck and Axe resolved their differences mostly because they both love Wendy, but all of a sudden they're friends and allies doing big favors for each other. Seems a bit much.
- Jock Jeffcoat is a caricature.
- Taylor is great, but as you implied Taylor vs Axe is no Chuck vs Axe.
- Connerty, in the blink of an eye he's gone from Goody Two Shoes to corrupt and after 4 seasons his character is still no more explained or nuanced than, "I'm Chuck's enemy."
- The S&M secret from the very first ep resolved really fast and clean, for Chuck professionally I mean, and didn't feel believable to me.

I agree with all your points.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
and in today's completely random wtf moments, Busy Phillips (of Freaks and Geeks and Cougar Town fame, for me at least) has... a Ellen-style talk show? O_o

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Was that (now dead) show what her recent commercials have been? I've never paid attention to the commercial that much. Or is she plugging something else?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
'Birdgirl': Paget Brewster Leads 'Harvey Birdman' Spinoff At Adult Swim
Look! Up in the sky! It's Birdgirl, Adult Swim's new toon series starring Paget Brewster that's a spinoff from its Harvey Birdman franchise.

The WarnerMedia network today announced the half-hour comedy created and executive produced by ME Productions. Here's how its nest is feathered: After being named CEO of the world's largest and most non-sensical corporation, Sebben & Sebben, Judy Ken Sebben aka Birdgirl (Brewster) has to find a way to maintain her work/superhero life balance.

But wait, there's more: Through the halls of the company headquarters she assembles her Birdteam. By day, they try to drag the company into this century. By mid-afternoon, they usually end up having to break a lot of things to stop something bad that one of them might have helped cause. It's the sort of superhero team we get at this moment.
I'm tentatively intrigued. Loved Harvey Birdman, and the Birdgirl character was always fun. The recent special was bad, however.

FX Boards BBC One's Steven Knight-Penned Adaptation Of Charles Dickens' Classic 'A Christmas Carol'
FX has boarded the BBC's adaptation of Charles Dickens' classic A Christmas Carol. The three-part series is produced by Ridley Scott's Scott Free, Tom Hardy's Hardy Son & Baker and FX Productions.

The U.S. cable network will air the series in December, the latest collaboration between the two broadcasters following Taboo. The project was first announced by the BBC in November 2017.

The remake stars Guy Pearce as Ebenezer Scrooge, Andy Serkis as Ghost of Christmas Past, Stephen Graham as Jacob Marley, Charlotte Riley as Lottie, Joe Alwyn as Bob Cratchit, Vinette Robinson as Mary Cratchit, Rutger Hauer as the Ghost of Christmas Future, Kayvan Novak as Ali Baba and Lenny Rush as Tim Cratchit.

The new take on the story is written by Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight and is directed by Nick Murphy (The Awakening). It is exec produced by Knight, Tom Hardy, Ridley Scott, Dean Baker, David W. Zucker, Kate Crowe and Mona Qureshi and produced by Julian Stevens.

Shoulda been Image T-T

SOMEONE PLEASE ADAPT CRIMINAL, PLEASE.
Pfft, then a lot of people would stop publishing with Image since that'd be self-defeating.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, Deadline deleted this tweet and replaced the picture:

MEMpX0A.jpg

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pfft, then a lot of people would stop publishing with Image since that'd be self-defeating.
The deal with Dark Horse is only a first-look deal, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that just means Netflix has first dibs on any Dark Horse properties it wants to make a show out of. It doesn't mean that only Netflix can make Dark Horse properties, right?

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if tomorrow will be the traditional network upfront bloodbath, or if it'll be more spaced out this year heading into next week.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
The deal with Dark Horse is only a first-look deal, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that just means Netflix has first dibs on any Dark Horse properties it wants to make a show out of. It doesn't mean that only Netflix can make Dark Horse properties, right?
Right, but it means if you create a hot property the only way you get a bidding war is if Netflix passes. Maybe I'm misguided on it, but I would assume a first-look deal also includes some of the financial aspects that many creators would prefer to negotiate on their own, which is a big part of the Image appeal.

I'd love to know the particulars. I would think this might be appealing for creators with low-profiles but much less so for anyone already established and fielding Hollywood interest.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
SEAL Team, Madam Secretary, MacGyver, Hawaii Five-O, S.W.A.T., Bull renewed by CBS
addendum:

'Bull': Steven Spielberg & Amblin TV Pull Out Of CBS Drama Over Michael Weatherly Harassment Controversy
Steven Spielberg' Amblin Television is walking away from CBS' popular legal drama Bull in the wake of the sexual harassment allegations against star Michael Weatherly.

"Steven Spielberg, Amblin Television, Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey are no longer attached to Bull," a rep for the company said in a statement from Deadline, declining further comment.
Good on them.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Logline: A fresh take on a crime franchise with a provocative and outrageous lead character and a darkly comedic tone. Malcolm Bright knows how killers think. Why? His father was one of the best, a notorious serial killer called "The Surgeon." That's why Bright is the best criminal psychologist around; murder is the family business. He uses his twisted genius to help the NYPD solve crimes, while dealing with a somewhat manipulative mother, an annoyingly normal sister, a homicidal father still looking to bond with his prodigal son and his own constantly evolving neuroses.
Prodigal Son's twist is totally going to be that the sister is going to be a serial killer.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

CLAWS!!!

hey, RatskyWatsky this is how you sell me on the garbage u watch.

(j/k I was so in on it already but TNT are gonna TNT and it's still not on any streaming service here)

I'm going to make a Claws thread closer to the S3 premiere and there will be gifs :)

RatskyWatsky and Aiii have been pushing the show so hard that I want to give it a shot. And also because once upon a time I had it on my DVR but deleted the whole thing cause I couldn't be bothered at the time. I'm going to start on season 1 this weekend on Hulu. This better be worth it from all the stuff I have been hearing.

It's a riot - I still maintain that it's the most purely "fun" show on TV.

This was fully expected, but it's nice to have confirmation.

I guess

Is that a spinoff of FBI, or is it another show?

It's a Dick Wolf show on CBS - what do you think? :P

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I need Magnum PI to be renewed. I enjoy it a fair bit and its the closest replacement I have to Scorpion. I still miss that show.

Oct 25, 2017
Next sounds great

Logline: A propulsive, fact-based thriller about the emergence of a deadly, rogue artificial intelligence that combines pulse-pounding action with a layered examination of how technology is invading our lives and transforming us in ways we don't yet understand. A Silicon Valley pioneer discovers that one of his own creations – a powerful A.I. – might spell global catastrophe, and teams up with a cybercrime agent to fight a villain unlike anything we've ever seen – one whose greatest weapon against us is ourselves.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
We're apparently in upfront season and I just spaced it entirely. The result of not watching almost anything on broadcast these days I suppose.

Anyway, as usual, I'll keep a tally of what's renewed/cancelled/TBD for reference:

ABC said:
Renewed:

Modern Family (final season)
Black-ish
The Conners
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
A Million Little Things
The Good Doctor
Station 19
How to Get Away with Murder
Grey's Anatomy
Single Parents
Fresh Off the Boat
The Rookie
Bless This Mess
American Housewife

Cancelled:

Take Two
For the People
The Kids Are Alright
The Fix
Splitting Up Together
Speechless

TBD:

Whiskey Cavalier
The Goldbergs
Schooled

Fox said:
Renewed:

The Simpsons
Family Guy
Bob's Burgers
Last Man Standing
Empire
9-1-1
The Resident

Cancelled:

Rel
Gotham
The Gifted
The Cool Kids
The Passage
Lethal Weapon

TBD:

Star
The Orville
Proven Innocent

CBS said:
Renewed:

Criminal Minds (final season)
NCIS
NCIS Los Angeles
NCIS New Orleans
FBI
SWAT
SEAL Team
Hawaii Five-0
Blue Bloods
MacGyver
Magnum PI
Bull
Madam Secretary
Mom
God Friended Me
The Neighborhood
Young Sheldon
Man with a Plan

Cancelled:

The Big Bang Theory
Elementary
Salvation

TBD:

Murphy Brown
Life in Pieces
Fam
Happy Together
The Code
Instinct
Ransom

NBC said:
Renewed:

Law & Order: SVU
Chicago Fire
Chicago PD
Chicago Med
The Blacklist
New Amsterdam
Manifest
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The Good Place
Superstore
Will & Grace
Good Girls

Cancelled:

Trial & Error
Reverie
Marlon
Midnight, Texas
I Feel Bad

TBD:

This is Us
The Village
The InBetween
Blindspot
The Enemy Within
Abby's
A.P. Bio

The CW said:
Renewed:

Supernatural (final season)
Arrow (final season)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
The Flash
Supergirl
Black Lightning
Riverdale
Legacies
Charmed
Dynasty
The 100
All American
In the Dark
Roswell, New Mexico
The Outpost
Burden of Truth

Cancelled:

Nothing!

Last edited:

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Hope Man With a Plan and Life in Pieces get renewed on CBS. Didn't realize Magnum PI was already renewed. I'd like I Feel Bad and AP Bio to survive on NBC. And there is a lot on ABC that I'd like to come back

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I suppose CBS is content to run on old people for the foreseeable future Even Madame Secretary is getting another chance and that she was based on a reality that isn't happening. I guess CBS wanted to get some syndication out of Bull before cancelling it.

Can't wait for CBS to botch broadcast TV's first African Immigrant family.

Nov 1, 2017
Angie Tribeca cancellaction is hardly surprising considering the way the last season aired felt like they stumbled onto a box of episodes they'd forgotten about in a TBS storage closet somewhere

Last edited:

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Hope Man With a Plan and Life in Pieces get renewed on CBS. Didn't realize Magnum PI was already renewed. I'd like I Feel Bad and AP Bio to survive on NBC. And there is a lot on ABC that I'd like to come back

Me too (on the first two). They're both really good.

I also hope The Kids Are Alright will be renewed.

Abby's too

I missed a bunch of episodes of AP Bio because it stopped airing for a while and I didn't know it had returned...else I'd probably still watch it

Any news on Mom?

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Me too (on the first two). They're both really good.

I also hope The Kids Are Alright will be renewed.

Abby's too

I missed a bunch of episodes of AP Bio because it stopped airing for a while and I didn't know it had returned...else I'd probably still watch it

Any news on Mom?
Mom got renewed for 2 more seasons. Figured that CBS would cling on to it for dear life since it's one of its better shows critically and ratings wise.

neXt sounds a lot like Person of Interest. Not sure if they can match the later.

Last edited:

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
We're apparently in upfront season and I just spaced it entirely. The result of not watching almost anything on broadcast these days I suppose.

Anyway, as usual, I'll keep a tally of what's renewed/cancelled/TBD for reference:

Thanks for this, Rasky. I haven't been watching much broadcast, either ... and when I have, it's actually been on Hulu rather than live.

cDNA

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix official top watched shows and movies for UK in April, published weekly starting next week.

movies

series

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.