• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
omg Ive been on another sci trip to SanDiego and missed the news news.

"On Monday morning, as promised, King revealed she is the only surviving co-host of the ratings-starved morning show, with John Dickerson heading to 60 Minutes and O'Donnell replacing Jeff Glor as anchor of CBS Evening News.
https://deadline.com/2019/05/cbs-th...le-king-norah-odonnell-tv-ratings-1202610155/

until this summer. But the current anchor of the program isn't going to stay at the show until that time.

Jeff Glor, who has been the face of "CBS Evening News" since late 2017, has told staff he will step down as anchor of the evening newscast after Friday's program, according to three people familiar with the matter. Glor is currently in discussions about taking a new role at CBS News, and Susan Zirinsky, the president of the news operations, told Variety earlier this week, that the anchor remains in discussions with CBS News "about a couple of different roles, and I hope he stays."
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/jeff-glor-leave-cbs-evening-news-friday-1203209547/

Guess I can return to watch CBS again, Glor was boring. Scott Pelley was much better.

But I wish they would have put Elain Quijano in the role instead of keeping her on CBS Weekend News...

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, is it true ABC cancelled For The People while it was airing its new episode? That's cold, haha.

(At least, that was when the initial reports started to hit.)

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Can I ask a stupid question? As far as renewals go, etc., why is a show like This Is Us listed as 'TBD'? It's only the freakin' biggest show on TV right now...

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Can I ask a stupid question? As far as renewals go, etc., why is a show like This Is Us listed as 'TBD'? It's only the freakin' biggest show on TV right now...
It hasn't been renewed yet?

If you're asking why it hasn't been renewed yet, there's a bunch of different behind the scenes that might be in play. Different networks renew at a different pace, and some wait until quite late in the game. There's also plenty of negotiations that go on, a renewal is a multi million dollar deal after all.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings. ABC cancelled "For the People" at just the right time, it seems. And the live premiere of "Paradise Hotel" looks like a live bomb:

Fast-Demo-2019-May-09.THU_.png

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
re: the aforementioned Angie Tribeca cancellation, this article seems worthy of note:
The decision to cancel Angie Tribeca comes after the late April ax on the comedy Wrecked and as the future of TBS' scripted originals remain under the microscope as new parent company WarnerMedia plans to launch its streaming platform — complete with HBO — in late 2019. Rumors continue to swirl around creative circles that TBS and TNT scripted originals could move to WarnerMedia's forthcoming streaming platform.

Turner's originals — including TBS' bubble comedy The Guest Book and current scripted comedies The Detour, Search Party, The Last OG and animated series Final Space — are all awaiting word on their respective futures. A renewal on the anthology Miracle Workers is expected soon. Meanwhile, WarnerMedia has been toying with both cable brands, moving a couple of TBS comedic game shows — Drop the Mic and Joker's Wild — to its drama-focused sibling TNT, where they joined the originals Animal Kingdom and Claws. TNT, for its part, has yet to schedule the long-gestating originals Snowpiercer, Tell Me Your Secrets or Raised by Wolves. Some clarity should come next week during WarnerMedia's upfront presentation to Madison Avenue ad buyers.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Rashida already got a new gig!

Kenya Barris & Rashida Jones To Star In Barris' First Netflix Series 'Black Excellence'
Netflix has ordered Kenya Barris' single-camera comedy Black Excellence, the first series under the Black-ish creator's overall deal at the streaming platform. Barris and Rashida Jones (Angie Tribeca) will star in the show inspired by Barris' irreverent, highly flawed, unbelievably honest approach to parenting, relationships, race and culture.
Barris will make his acting debut on the show, said to be in the vein of Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm, which also marked David's lead acting debut, as well as a premium take on Black-ish.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll try that out. I always thought if he took the general framework of black-ish but had more freedoms with it (More mature options with dialogue, etc) that he'd hit it harder out of the park. Interested in that for sure.

Oct 25, 2017

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Grey's Anatomy (S16&S17), How To Get Away With Murder (S6), and Station 19 (S3) renewed.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone watch SVU? I heard the show had an Ilham Omar stand in for a storyline.
We only watched a few minutes before we decided it was too late to finish, but as soon as they said "anti-semitic" I literally said, "seriously?? It's only been like a month."

Guess I shouldn't be surprised after how quickly they did a Kavanaugh story.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder with The Passage down, does this make that weird story about Pitch coming back even more possible?

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why the major networks bother with shows like this. They can never hit the ratings they hope, nor be as cheap to make as Reality Show #612.
Well, for every "The Cool Kids" or "Rel", there's a "Last Man Standing" or "Modern Family." You never really know what connects with folks and becomes a phenomenon.

"The Passage" seems like a holdover from the edgy vampire drama phase of TV.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
With The Passage cancelled it gives me a little more hope for another season of The Orville. Only flaw in my logic is that The Passage brought in more viewers. God dammit. :(

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly I assume this means I'll never get my passage movies which is what it should have been in the first place not some "inspired by" show

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
I've been checked out from broadcast television enough that I have zero idea what any of the cancelled shows are outside of The Passage.

Status
Not open for further replies.