• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Anna Kendrick To Headline 'Love Life' Anthology Series For WarnerMedia Streaming Service From Paul Feig & Lionsgate TV

Pitch Perfect star Anna Kendrick is set to star in and executive produce Love Life, a 10-episode half-hour romantic comedy anthology series, from Lionsgate TV and Paul Feig's Feigco Entertainment, for WarnerMedia's forthcoming streaming service.

Love Life is about the journey from first love to last love, and how the people we're with along the way make us into who we are when we finally end up with someone forever.

Kendrick will star in the first season and serve as an executive producer alongside recent collaborators Paul Feig (A Simple Favor, Bridesmaids) and Jessie Henderson (A Simple Favor, Spy). Sam Boyd (In a Relationship) wrote the pilot, also executive produces and will direct

We're almost getting details on the service now!

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda off topic but as a huge fan of Whale Wars when it ran on Animal Planet I just saw a documentary about them from 1992(16 years pre-Whale Wars) and it was blowing my mind how it was exactly Whale Wars but how significantly different the technology situation is even as someone that was born and raised through that era.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-May-23.THU_.png

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
seems Doom Patrol is going to be on HBO Portugal here when Titans was/is on Netflix. What a mess, feels just like I'm in America just like I always dreamed of >_>

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I left the TV on after Life In Pieces. Elementary was really enjoyable. IDK why I feel kind of disappointed knowing that it is the final season considering I have only seen one episode. I'm not sure if I will go back and watch seasons 1 through 6 but I think I will at least stick around for season 7 and I think I have a decent enough grasp of the latest big events in the story.

And I really wish Life In Pieces wasn't getting canned.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Lol well you guys were right about Claws. And I saw on JustWatch that seasons 1 through 6 are on Hulu. I guess I might as well add it to the list.
Elementary is very inessential TV, but it's comfort food TV for me. And I mean it's only 142 episodes, so that's easy to cram.
(also, RatskyWatsky come on. The Good Wife's 156 episodes are totally easy to cram as well, I, uh, promise?)

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Hulu Greenlights Horror Anthology Based on 'North American Lake Monsters'
Hulu is adding another anthology to its roster.

The Disney-owned streamer has picked up an eight-episode anthology based on author Nathan Ballingrud's collected work of short stories, North American Lake Monsters.

The series will explore how encounters with vampires, fallen angels and other monsters force Louisiana natives to re-examine their broken lives in what is being described as a contemporary horror anthology.

Mary Laws (Preacher) created the series and will serve as the writer and exec producer. Lucan Toh and Babak Anvari (Under the Shadow) will also exec produce the series. Anvari will also direct the Annapurna Television entry.

The untitled series becomes Hulu's latest anthology and joins the J.J. Abrams-Stephen King collaboration Castle Rock and Jason Blum's Into the Dark. The North American Lake Monsters take will be an individual episodic anthology in line with Into the Dark rather than Castle Rock's seasonal variety.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Do it u coward

I've never gotten around to watching any Black Mirror, but a Ryuichi Sakamato score is tempting...

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
That's because Chernobyl is fucking outstanding. And the accompanying podcast is essential.

There are a lot of other outstanding miniseries that get ignored though!

(also, RatskyWatsky come on. The Good Wife's 156 episodes are totally easy to cram as well, I, uh, promise?)

I don't believe you!

That sounds kind of interesting.

claws might be my weekend binge

Do it!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so here's a question. If HBO wanted to continue GoT and D&D didnt (as its heavily rumoured / reported), why didnt they just change showrunners like plenty shows do?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
so here's a question. If HBO wanted to continue GoT and D&D didnt (as its heavily rumoured / reported), why didnt they just change showrunners like plenty shows do?

The HBO executives "didn't believe in letting anyone else finish the story [D&D] set out to tell". More likely than not, though, D&D simply had too much leverage and replacing them would've meant forcing them out, which could've led to problems in keeping them onboard for any future joint projects with the channel.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AP Bio had a bland first season and it probably didn't really rise to heights of it's talented cast but it was really coming together this season. Really started to round out the oddball cast of characters in a sort of Parks and Rec sort of way.

Nov 1, 2017
Honestly it was surprising that AP Bio even made it to season 2 but it was a decent show. Was always trying to do something different even if it never fully succeeded at being consistently good.

Status
Not open for further replies.