• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why Prime Video only applies to certain seasons. I could get if it was not on the latest season for a while at least. But I've started Veep and realized that after season 2 I won't be viewing it through Prime Video anymore. Thought I'd be able to watch through season 6.

Although the X-Ray feature on Prime Video is pretty damn awesome

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I don't understand why Prime Video only applies to certain seasons. I could get if it was not on the latest season for a while at least. But I've started Veep and realized that after season 2 I won't be viewing it through Prime Video anymore. Thought I'd be able to watch through season 6.

Although the X-Ray feature on Prime Video is pretty damn awesome
That's an HBO show. Think of it as an extended free trial. Same with Banshee on Prime, you get the first 2 of 4 total seasons, and have to pay for the last 2 seasons.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
That's an HBO show. Think of it as an extended free trial. Same with Banshee on Prime, you get the first 2 of 4 total seasons, and have to pay for the last 2 seasons.
That was what I was thinking in terms of the free trial kind of thing. But I'm planning to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm as well and that one lets you watch like 8 seasons and only season 9 is not on Prime. So I thought maybe the HBO free trial thing doesn't matter. Or maybe it has to do with the age of the show? I'm not sure when Curb was revived so it could be at a certain year that Amazon can't give the free stuff.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
'Killing Eve' Producer Sid Gentle Adapting Canine Punk Graphic Novel & Developing Project With Grindr Poet Max Wallis

Killing Eve producer Sid Gentle Films is developing a TV adaptation of a canine-led graphic novel set against the backdrop of the Portland punk scene and a "Queer As Folk-for now" style series from Grindr and Instagram poet Max Wallis.
First sentence... and like there is just a lot to unpack her.
It has optioned Nicole J Georges' Fetch: How A Bad Dog Brought Me Homeand is looking for a writer to adapt for television. The graphic novel memoir tells the story of Georges, who when she was sixteen she adopted Beija, a dysfunctional shar-pei/corgi mix—a troublesome combination of tiny and attack, just like teenaged Nicole herself. For the next fifteen years, Beija would be the one constant in her life. Through depression, relationships gone awry, and an unmoored young adulthood played out against the backdrop of the Portland punk scene, Beija was there, wearing her "Don't Pet Me" bandana. The novel chronicles their symbiotic, co-dependent relationship and probes what it means to care for and be responsible to another living thing—a living thing that occasionally lunges at toddlers. Nicole turns to vets, dog whisperers, and even a pet psychic for help, but it is the moments of accommodation, adaption, and compassion that sustain them. Nicole never successfully taught Beija "sit," but in the end, Beija taught Nicole how to stay.
Woodward Gentle also revealed that it was working with East London-based writer and artist Max Wallis. He has published book of poetry Modern Love, which was nominated for the Polari Prize, and his second book Everything Everything was lauded by Queer As Folk creator Russell T Davies.

She said that the project that they are working on is inspired by the Channel 4 drama, which was remade by Showtime. "There's a really interesting poet called Max Wallis, we're doing something with him. It will be like Queer As Folk for now. He's brilliant. Max is amazing; I love finding people are a bit weird," she added.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
NY Mag: How Chernobyl Became HBO's Surprise Monday-Night Hit
The network says its five-part miniseries, which wrapped Monday night, has to date attracted a cumulative audience of more than 6 million viewers across all HBO platforms. In a sign of strong word-of-mouth, the critically lauded series also saw its linear ratings tick up between each of its broadcasts last month, an exceedingly rare occurrence in the current TV environment. Once final streaming and on-demand numbers get tallied later this month, Chernobyl could even end up reaching roughly as many viewers as last year's Amy Adams–led Sharp Objects.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Jun-03.MON_.png

Nov 1, 2017
That was what I was thinking in terms of the free trial kind of thing. But I'm planning to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm as well and that one lets you watch like 8 seasons and only season 9 is not on Prime. So I thought maybe the HBO free trial thing doesn't matter. Or maybe it has to do with the age of the show? I'm not sure when Curb was revived so it could be at a certain year that Amazon can't give the free stuff.

HBO's deal with Amazon specifies that Amazon will get new seasons a certain number of years after they air. So they have the first 8 seasons of Curb because they aired over a decade ago, but they don't have the 9th cause it's only 1-2 years old.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
HBO's deal with Amazon specifies that Amazon will get new seasons a certain number of years after they air. So they have the first 8 seasons of Curb because they aired over a decade ago, but they don't have the 9th cause it's only 1-2 years old.
Thanks. So it would only be loosely related to the age of the show. My thought was on the right track but not exactly there. Any chance you know how many years it shows up afterwards? Honestly, I'll probably just watch it on HBO instead of waiting forever but I'm curious how long they are waiting cause it seems like a really long time

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks. So it would only be loosely related to the age of the show. My thought was on the right track but not exactly there. Any chance you know how many years it shows up afterwards? Honestly, I'll probably just watch it on HBO instead of waiting forever but I'm curious how long they are waiting cause it seems like a really long time

IIRC the Amazon/hbo deal is gonna expire soon so yeah, you're probably better off just going to HBO

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Why arent HBO on that ratings list? I wanna know how many that tunes into the Chernobyl series.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
'Killing Eve' Posts 87% Season-To-Season Viewership Gain For BBC America
BBC America said today that Season 2 of its assassin drama Killing Eve delivered the highest season-over-season growth of any returning TV drama on U.S. television in the past three years.

The thriller starring Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer wrapped its sophomore run last month up 87 percent in total viewers and 78 percent in the key adults 25-54 demo from the first season, per Live+7 numbers from Nielsen Media Research.

'Punky Brewster' Reboot Starring Soleil Moon Frye In Works At UCP
Another classic sitcom is eying a return with its original star. UCP is developing Punky Brewster, a sequel to the 1984 NBC sitcom, with Soleil Moon Frye set to reprise her role as the titular character that became a pop culture icon of the 1980s.

The original multi-camera series, created by David W. Duclon, centered on Punky (Frye), a bright young girl raised by a foster dad (George Gaynes). In the multi-camera/hybrid reboot, Punky (Frye) is now a single mother of three trying to get her life back on track when she meets a young girl who reminds her a lot of her younger self.

'SpongeBob SquarePants' CG-Animated Prequel Series 'Kamp Koral' Greenlighted By Nickelodeon
Nickelodeon has given a 13-episode series order to Kamp Koral (working title), a spinoff of the network's signature series SpongeBob SquarePants. While the mothership is a classic 2D cartoon, the offshoot will be a CG-animated series, which serves as a prequel to SpongeBob. It introduces 10-year-old SpongeBob SquarePants during his summer at sleepaway camp.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Why arent HBO on that ratings list? I wanna know how many that tunes into the Chernobyl series.

Chernobyl has been great, but I got busy/behind. Watched ep 4 last night and it was a harsh watch... Not something you would want to binge. Watching finale tonight though. (Trying to hurry before Black Mirror tomorrow!)

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

As for Gentleman Jack, it hasn't been as big a hit as Chernobyl, but it's still aggregating an average audience of 2.6 million viewers. That's a decent number for a period drama, particularly one that is co-produced with the BBC and thus likely carries a lower price tag than a typical HBO original.

CTRL + F "Sky"

0 results found

people really want to ignore that Chernobyl was a co-production, don't they...

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, didn't realize Black Mirror was tomorrow. Non-Friday Netflix release dates fuck me up.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
CTRL + F "Sky"

0 results found

people really want to ignore that Chernobyl was a co-production, don't they...

CHERNOBYL, Ukraine (Reuters) - The success of a U.S. television miniseries examining the world's worst nuclear accident at Chernobyl has driven up the number of tourists wanting to see the plant and the ghostly abandoned town that neighbors it for themselves.

One Chernobyl tour agency reported a 40% rise in trip bookings since the series, made by HBO, began in May and which has attracted outstanding reviews.

English-language tours usually cost around $100 per person.

🤣

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, didn't realize Black Mirror was tomorrow. Non-Friday Netflix release dates fuck me up.

I kept thinking it was tonight, but I guess actually midnight tonight. Glad it's only 3 episodes, it took me a while to catch up with the past seasons as is, while trying to avoid spoilers :x

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
would watching it through amazon's hbo channel/subscription count towards those numbers?

I'm not sure how Amazon's channel program works. Isn't it just HBO Go/Now?

On Demand/streaming numbers aren't factored in to the L+SD figures, but if Amazon is giving people access to linear channels then maybe?

zou

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure how Amazon's channel program works. Isn't it just HBO Go/Now?

On Demand/streaming numbers aren't factored in to the L+SD figures, but if Amazon is giving people access to linear channels then maybe?

yeah it's similar to HBO Go as far as content goes, but it's streamed through prime video.

and l+sd was obviously the wrong number, I was just wondering if the numbers are counted at all (cumulative viewership within 30d, from that one article for example )

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Sneaky Pete cancelled. Not shocking at all since Amazon dropped the last season without even promoting it.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Sneaky Pete cancelled. Not shocking at all since Amazon dropped the last season without even promoting it.

Sneaky Pete is one of those shows I never think about and am always slightly surprised when someone reminds me it exists. I thought the first season was fine, but the mediocre reviews for season two made me drop it. I never heard a single peep from critics re: season three, so I assumed it was of the same quality as season two. At least Graham Yost is free now!

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I just noticed that Empire is being paired with the black-ish/mixed-ish power hour. Is this the first time these two have been paired against each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.