• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Heads up that Showtime has the pilot for Black Monday available now on their channel or you can watch via YouTube - which is where I saw it. Definitely a high-energy start to the series, Don Cheadle is a pro at doing those kind of roles.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck me and it ended with a cliffhanger/unresolved plot stuff

Godspeed Z Nation, it was fun

It ended with a cliffhanger and unresolved story? That's really disappointing. There is no excuse there because they've known, since before the season began, this would be the last season. Had plenty of time to write up a satisfying end.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Estes shoots Warren numerous times point blank but both are stunned when she keeps moving despite it and isn't bleeding. Warren's ex Cooper tells her she died on the operating table at the beginning of the season but came back, so it's unknown how she became a Blend (dead human who retains humanity and doesn't need brains)

10K (kid with a dream of killing 10k zombies/humans [changed to include humans after he became a Blend] gets kill 9999

George gives this big motivational speech to close election day, the first election Talkers (dead human who retains humanity but needs brains) get to participate in. Everyone's watching including almost all of the main cast (Doc's the only full human left at this point now that nobody knows what's up with Warren). Scene changes before an announcement is made, but George smiles after opening the paper listing the tallied votes

Final scene right after that is the last main cast member Murphy. He has a bite of Sun-Mei's brain (Sun-Mei's request pre-death was for Murphy to get it to make antidotes for the Z virus) and the last shot is him smiling

So yeah, not as egregious as season 3
where the last scene was half the cast got tackled and/or jumped off a cliff, and the other half got attacked by a giant ship's beam
but still a lot of ambiguity for a show where the creators have spent the last two years thinking they might not get renewed

I'm still gonna miss it and I hope the Netflix prequel with Jaime King does alright. But this was underwhelming/annoying. And I know Syfy shows can have satisfying endings, 12 Monkeys happened this year

Last edited:
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I missed it when it was published, and I can only ask for your kind holiday spirits to still be around and ask for your forgiveness:

Uproxx (Brian Grubb): Hallway Fights, Bubble Baths, And Tinkly Pianos: The 2018 Very Specific TV Awards
According to a group of research-and-math-types employee by FX, there were just short of 500 original television shows released in 2018. That is too many shows. It's so many shows that, not only is it impossible to watch all of them, it is impossible to know about all of them. I know this for a fact because I am paid to know about as many of them as I can and I just found out two days ago that Catherine Zeta-Jones is in a show that premiered on Facebook last month. That's crazy. Seven or eight years ago, that's the biggest news of the year. Now, you're probably Googling it to see if it's real or if I made up to prove a point. I would argue that I made my point either way.
So, we adapt. For the third year in row, I have selected some of my favorite things that happened on television, and will present them to you in an awards-style format. Spoilers will be minimal. I'm not here to try to explain everything that happened on everything I watched this year. No one wants that. I know because I've seen people's eyes glaze over when I start explaining obscure shows in person. No, no, we are playing the hits only. We're having fun. Put your lighters up for 2018, folks.
It's time for the Very Specific Television Awards.
Now is this a good list? Well:

Most Unfortunate Marriage Proposal
Winner: 9-1-1
911-mall.gif

Yes. It's the best list.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
It ended with a cliffhanger and unresolved story? That's really disappointing. There is no excuse there because they've known, since before the season began, this would be the last season. Had plenty of time to write up a satisfying end.

It wouldn't be a Karl Schaefer show if it got an ending.
(Still salty over Strange Luck 20+ years later.)

MulderYuffie

Oct 25, 2017
I want to copy and paste a little something about Z Nation as it is my favorite show!

"
October 11th 2014 I was visiting my boyfriend who lived a decent distance from me I was... for a lack of a better word obtaining stuff to watch as I recently had hardships with someone who I saw as my mother my whole life someone who kicked me to the curb for a man who attacked ne and I was forced out of my home. I was living on my own in this rundown place for long rent in the middle of nowhere with hardly any internet let alone phone service so I had to get what I could while I could you know? Anyways that week was rough and on October 17th I was literally reading to give up but I started considering watching something to keep my mind off the unthinkable. I was interested in this new show called "Z Nation" I knew nothing of it aside from a very brief synopsis of the overall plot.
I love zombie media so I figured I would give it a shot I had the first 5 episodes to view afterall so I did and I was glued to the computer screen so engaged I laughed, felt immersed and felt emotions I quickly started to download episode 6 (as it aired that night) while watching episode 4 and by the end of that night at 2am finished episode 6 and there it was I cried. I was hooked this show did so much for me and I am not sure how much longer I couldn't lived the way I did and this show helped me and I wanted to see every episode and I never missed a single one! My life has gotten a lot better but the story, characters, plot and action kept me around all these years. I desperately hope some service/network picks it up. I'm going to miss this family that helped me through some of my darkest times and if I live until tomorrow or 70 years from now this show will always be a part of my life and I'll never forget it thank you!"

I'm incredibly saddened the show is over here are my thoughts on the finale no spoilies of course

""I......really don't know how to feel about that ending..... really. I cant really spoil it but I thought it was a better send off that season 4'a ending. It really wasn't much of a cliffhanger like at all and almost all of the plotlines were tied up. I dont know about the episode on a whole. Does it live up to some severely action packed episodes? No. Was the message good in the end? Yes and it felt like things were moving forward in a positive light. I would love to see more of the show but dare I say? If the show was brought back and to end on a huge cliffhanger would I regret them bringing it back? Probably yes! This was the most conclusive of any of the season finale's"

I'm not sure if it's allowed here but I would like you all to know we are trying to save the show. The creators said there is a chance that other platforms/networks ARE interested and the prequel has been funded by Netflix and they have the streaming right to the show. So we are trying to sign every petition we can, rewatch the show on Netflix, talk the show up and show it to friends, Hashtag #ZNation #RenewZNation #NetflixZnation #shudderznation @Netflix and @shudder to try and pick us up. Any help would be appreciated!!!

As it stands now farewell Z Nation and Keith Allan/Murphy I love you more than anything!!!

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I missed it when it was published, and I can only ask for your kind holiday spirits to still be around and ask for your forgiveness:

Uproxx (Brian Grubb): Hallway Fights, Bubble Baths, And Tinkly Pianos: The 2018 Very Specific TV Awards

Now is this a good list? Well:

Most Unfortunate Marriage Proposal
Winner: 9-1-1
911-mall.gif

Yes. It's the best list.
i actually still occasionally think of this moment, very tragic. (also I do love how he got that fancy case for that Ring Pop)

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Top 10 18-49 scripted broadcast TV shows for 2018, per IndieWire:

Roseanne 6.2
This is Us 5.4
The Big Bang Theory 4.4
The Good Doctor 3.6
Young Sheldon 3.4
Grey's Anatomy 3.4
9-1-1 3.0
Modern Family 2.9
Will & Grace 2.8
Empire 2.8

Top rated 18-49 cable series for 2018 (there were only 7 in the top 100):

Cable said:
The Walking Dead 5.3
American Horror Story 2.6
Fear the Walking Dead 1.8
Talking Dead 1.6
South Park 1.3
Curse of Oak Island 1.2
Westworld 1.2

The full list of the top 100 shows on all of TV:

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/m...-roseanne-this-is-us-walking-dead-1201968306/

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I been on a "The Goldbergs" kick, never bothered with the show first run. But I am hooked on it from syndication.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
btw I've been rewatching 30 Rock after rewatching all of Parks & Rec, and unfortunately I dont think it's as good as I remember it :(

Maybe RatskyWatsky is right and you shouldnt revisit things >_<

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Hollywood Reporter - TV Ratings Winners and Losers of 2018

(more at the link)

Manifest, New Amsterdam and The Conners: NBC's two rookie dramas and ABC's Roseanne spinoff are the only first-year series of the fall averaging above a 2.0 rating in the key adults 18-49 demographic (after a week of delayed viewing).

Killing Eve and Doctor Who: In the spring, BBC America found a breakout in Killing Eve, which grew its audienceevery week it was on — the finale had double the 18-49 audience and 86 percent more viewers (in live plus three-day ratings) than the premiere. The fall brought the first Doctor played by a woman in Jodie Whittaker and gains of 20 percent in viewers over its previous season and 46 percent in adults 18-49, fueled by a doubling of its rating among women 18-34.

Dirty John: The premiere of Bravo's limited series was the cabler's top scripted telecast ever — until its second episode. Like Killing Eve, Dirty John has grown through each of its first four outings, with episode four drawing 29 percent more viewers (2.69 million) than the 2.09 million for the series premiere.

Who Is America? and Escape at Dannemora: Sacha Baron Cohen's guerrilla comedy series was a controversy magnet, and it also brought in lots of eyeballs with 3.4 million multiplatform viewers per episode.Escape at Dannemora is Showtime's biggest limited series ever, clocking 3.5 million weekly viewers.

Escape at Dannemora ultimately did extremely well for Showtime - further proof that live ratings only tell a fraction of the story these days...

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Hollywood Reporter - TV Ratings Winners and Losers of 2018

(more at the link)

Escape at Dannemora ultimately did extremely well for Showtime - further proof that live ratings only tell a fraction of the story these days...
Killing Eve \o/

Heathers: The remake of the 1988 cult film suffered through multiple stops and starts before an edited versionwas scheduled to air across five consecutive nights in October on Paramount. Even that plan was interrupted by real-life events, and when episodes finally did air, hardly anyone watched: it averaged under 100,000 viewers.
🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
THR's worst TV shows of the year:
  • 13 Reasons Why
  • "Bright and High Circle" from 'The Romanoffs' (the one where Matt Weiner takes on #MeToo)
  • Camping
  • Happy Together
  • Heathers
  • Here and Now
  • Insatiable
  • LA To Vegas
  • Ozark
  • Yellowstone
My big takeaway from all the worst TV shows list is the Paramount network has no idea what the fuck they're doing

Meanwhile Netflix is blindfolded and throwing darts. Sometimes it's a bullseye, sometimes someone gets a dart thrown in their eye.

Oct 25, 2017
Tenga and FIOS holding channels hostage again, truly words can not express how mad I am for not having Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy in this area of Virginia. Whyd they have to hit ABC. Also was cruel that it happened at midnight so cut off right as the ball dropped... :(

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Very happy that Disney owned stations aren't leaving FiOS. The message I got from Verizon almost seemed like it was already prepping to blame Disney if the channels were taken off.

I know Paramount and Spike have different shows and I assume different demographics but I'm curious about performance. Almost everything I see about Paramount seems to paint it as doing poorly and kind of flailing about. Is it still doing better than Spike was?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Has there been any indication at all when the second halves of Arrested Development and Kimmy Schmidt will come back? I only care about AD at this point out of morbid curiousity, but I absolutely need more Kimmy in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.