• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
ST3_KA_Digital_Debut_PRE_US.jpg

I guess I'll be the first to comment on this, but looks like a good time to do it, when most stuff is on break.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
I know that the first half of Arrested Development S5 hit with a dull thud, but the total silence thus far regarding S5 Part 2 is kinda weird. That said, Part 1 was only confirmed a few weeks before its premiere.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been anymore information on that Blind Item in regards to the original cast member of a long running series leaving at the end of this season?

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know that the first half of Arrested Development S5 hit with a dull thud, but the total silence thus far regarding S5 Part 2 is kinda weird. That said, Part 1 was only confirmed a few weeks before its premiere.
It makes sense, considering the Tambor trouble and interview debacle.

Netflix might just want to quietly release it sometime in the summer, and just be done with it.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense, considering the Tambor trouble and interview debacle.

Netflix might just want to quietly release it sometime in the summer, and just be done with it.
I think it's pretty clear with both Kimmy and AD they basically are treating these Part 1/2 releases as separate seasons despite being technically the same season. Prevents them from needing to pay people more for a proper new season, while effectively letting them have a new season.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Has there been any indication at all when the second halves of Arrested Development and Kimmy Schmidt will come back? I only care about AD at this point out of morbid curiousity, but I absolutely need more Kimmy in my life.
For some reason I though that the second "half" of Arrested Development might not even be confirmed at this point? The first half did pretty badly and I wasn't sure if they actually filmed both halves at the same time.

Pure speculation on my part though

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
For some reason I though that the second "half" of Arrested Development might not even be confirmed at this point? The first half did pretty badly and I wasn't sure if they actually filmed both halves at the same time.

Pure speculation on my part though
If they didn't even film the second half of the season that took so long to get (almost) everyone on the same room for, then they screwed up more than I thought.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember if Life In Pieces was in trouble last year. It did at least get a renewal before the end of its 3rd season. I wonder if they are cutting the episode count down and placing it as a mid season replacement.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Recent rumors that a Beverly Hills, 90210 reboot/revival is in-the-works have not only been greatly exaggerated — they're flat-out wrong. While it's true that a new series inspired by the seminal '90s teen drama is currently being shopped around, it would not feature the return of Donna Martin, Kelly Taylor and Co.

According to sources, the untitled project is an hour-long mockumentary-style dramedy that would find former 90210 cast members Jennie Garth, Jason Priestley, Tori Spelling, Ian Ziering, Brian Austin Green and Gabrielle Carteris playing themselves — albeit in a somewhat heightened state. The potential series — which was first rumored last March — would chronicle the gang's efforts to get (another) 90210 revival off the ground.
https://tvline.com/2019/01/02/90210-reboot-cast-beverly-hills-premise/

what lol

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
'Secret Society' Female Comedy In Works At NBC From Emily Heller & 'Girlboss' Duo
NBC has put in development Secret Society, a female-focused comedy from Barry producer Emily Heller, Girlboss creator Kay Cannon and Laverne McKinnon's K&L Productions and Universal TV.

Written by Heller, Secret Society centers on Beth, a struggling reporter who is tired of feeling invisible in her small town and recruits other women to help take over a dying branch of an all-male secret society.
I like this premise a lot. Please be the good, quirky, but low rated comedy that NBC keeps around for a bunch of seasons before killing it off instead of the good, quirky, but low rated comedy that NBC kills after a season or two (I still haven't forgiven you bastards for Trial & Error)

Mark R. Harris Options 'Darby Holland' Crime Series, Kate Orsini To Adapt
Mark R. Harris' Los Angeles-based production shingle, The Harris Company, has optioned the crime series Darby Holland from veteran tattoo artist and crime novelist Jeff Johnson for six-figures in a bidding war that took place over the holiday.

Harris, whose credits include Gods and Monsters (which won Best Adapted Screenplay for Bill Condon) and the Academy-Award winning Best Picture Crash (2004), is producing. Kate Orsini (The Bold and the Beautiful, The Honor List) is on board to pen the script for a planned television series.

The logline: "in the gritty urban wilds of Old Town, Portland Oregon, the series follows the eponymous fixer Darby Holland, who runs a venerable tattoo parlor and leads his talented crew of misfits into battle against hellish art dealers, criminal real estate developers and the creeping doom of gentrification."

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings. Still lots of reruns but The Masked Singer premiered really well for Fox.
Not sure if it's because there's nothing else on (except for SEAL Team and Criminal Minds, I guess) or if people really wanted to watch it. I'm really surprised. I thought it would bomb:

Fast-Demo-2019-Jan-02.WED_.png

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
Wednesday night's ratings. Still lots of reruns but The Masked Singer premiered really well for Fox.
Not sure if it's because there's nothing else on (except for SEAL Team and Criminal Minds, I guess) or if people really wanted to watch it. I'm really surprised. I thought it would bomb:

Fast-Demo-2019-Jan-02.WED_.png

Holy shit at The Masked Singer...

From TVLine
The Masked Singer wowed the proverbial crowd on Wednesday night, delivering 9.4 million total viewers and a 3.0 rating (per finals) with its premiere, giving Fox its best Wednesday demo number in well over two years (since a November 2016 episode of Empire). From half-hour to half-hour, its numbers increased from 8.7 mil/2.8 to 9.8 mil/3.1 (in fast nationals).

The Masked Singer marked TV's highest rated unscripted premiere in seven years (since Fox's The X Factor debuted to a 4.4), and Fox's best series launch since Empire's 3.8. It also stands as all of TV's best series launch since CBS' Young Sheldon (3.8 in September 2017).

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Fox pulled me into watching an episode of The Masked Singer, partly because nothing else was really on and partly because I was curious about the format and if you could really tell who was behind the mask. Singing varied from surprisingly decent to mostly average or bad. Some of the guesses the judges had were outrageous though. Some of the costumes were cool though.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't really planning on watching The Masked Singer, but I can already tell that curiosity is going to get the better of me.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.