• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Modern Family close to getting a season 11 renewal.
EXCLUSIVE: Modern Family has taken an important step toward a final 11th season. I hear that the ABC comedy series' original adult cast, stars Ed O'Neill, Julie Bowen, Ty Burrell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet and Sofia Vergara, are close to deals with producing studio 20th Century Fox TV to return. I hear that there are still a few outstanding issues to be resolved but an agreement on the financial terms has been reached, with all six expected to reprise their roles in a potential eleventh season, which I hear would consist of at least 18 episodes.
Like with previous negotiations, 20th TV is starting with the original adult cast before focusing on the original kid actors — now all young adults. I hear Sarah Hyland, Ariel Winter, Nolan Gould and Rico Rodriguez, who all also scored salary bumps at the last negotiation two years ago, have started preliminary conversations with 20th TV. The talks are said to be in very early stages but I haven't heard of any holdouts in the group who do not want to continue.

Then there are the writers. Modern Family creators/showrunners Steve Levitan and Christopher Lloyd have said publicly that they are open to one more season. They too are said to be in early stages of deal-making but are expected to sign on to shepherd their series' conclusion. Additionally, Levitan and Lloyd are looking to keep some of their key writers for the final installment; those deals also have to be worked out.

Add another one to the January pile:

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix Reveals 2018's Most-Binged Shows, Most-Re-Watched Original Movies
Most Binged Shows
On My Block
Making a Murderer: Part 2
13 Reasons Why: Season 2
Last Chance U: Indy
Bodyguard
Fastest Car
The Haunting of Hill House
Anne with an E: Season
Insatiable
Orange Is the New Black: Season 6
I just want to point out that this list correspond about 0% to the ""analysis"" that Parrot Analytics shit out every so often. pls stop linking to them, only you can prevent my fast approaching aneurysm.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings. They were super late today for some reason:

Fast-Demo-2018-Dec-10.MON_.png

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
What do threadmarks do anyway...
Want to see a great use of them? Go to the thread for The Good Place. The OP set a threadmark at the start of each episode (and also for its renewal news) so people can easily jump to the start of discussion for each particular episode with ease. Now imagine if that was done in the past for a really popular show, say Game of Thrones, and you realize how useful it would be for people who may want to go back or catch up with a specific episode.

Thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...-in-it-were-ready-thursdays-9-30-8-30c.71228/
List of Threadmarks: https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...were-ready-thursdays-9-30-8-30c.71228/reader/

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Want to see a great use of them? Go to the thread for The Good Place. The OP set a threadmark at the start of each episode (and also for its renewal news) so people can easily jump to the start of discussion for each particular episode with ease. Now imagine if that was done in the past for a really popular show, say Game of Thrones, and you realize how useful it would be for people who may want to go back or catch up with a specific episode.

Thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...-in-it-were-ready-thursdays-9-30-8-30c.71228/
List of Threadmarks: https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...were-ready-thursdays-9-30-8-30c.71228/reader/
Hrm that's cool. But only the OP can set them?

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I need to finish the book so that I can watch Hill House. I'm itching to see if it lives up to the hype, and am in need of a good horror story to watch. That said, the book's been a slow burn that I've been taking my time with (I like it, but other books have gotten in the way), and I'm only about 1/4, maybe 1/3 in.

How is The Kids Are Alright doing? That's one of the best new shows in my opinion. I hope for it to get another season.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
The Kids Are Alright is fun, but it's so episodic that I don't stress about missing any episodes. I just watch it when I happen to be home to watch The Conners live.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
It's doing...alright. It's very lucky that it airs right after The Conners. Here's last night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2018-Dec-11.TUE_.png

Thanks. I wish it was doing better. It's one of the better new sitcoms in a while, kind of like Me, Myself and I, but that got canned early.

The Kids Are Alright is fun, but it's so episodic that I don't stress about missing any episodes. I just watch it when I happen to be home to watch The Conners live.

That is true. I don't like missing episodes of anything I watch, though, and make sure to record it. I really enjoy that show, but dropped The Connors after a couple of episodes. Then again I was never a big Roseanne fan way back when and only watched it when nothing else was on TV, and wasn't that big a fan of the revival.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh good most of my stuff is on break now! Yay for a 1-month time of catch up (and then all my Jan shows starting up on the first week :x)

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Freeform Picks Up Josh Thomas Comedy 'Everything's Gonna Be Okay' To Series, Prepares To Punch You In The Gut Repeatedly
Everything's Gonna Be Okay, Freeform's pilot from Australian writer-actor-comedian Josh Thomas, has been picked up to series by the network with a 10-episode order.

The half-hour comedy stars Thomas as Nicholas, a neurotic 25-year-old still living at home with his single dad and two teenage half-sisters, one of which has autism. He is not particularly helpful in raising his siblings, but when their dad becomes terminally ill, the girls have to cope with not only a devastating loss but also the realization that Nicholas is the one who will have to hold it all together. Co-starring alongside Thomas are Kayla Cromer, Maeve Press, and Adam Faison.
Please Like Me was the least watched best show, so glad to have Thomas back. Even if there's like a pretty decent chance I'll end up curled into a ball after it airs.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Supergirl adjusted up. Final crossover ratings were 0.7, 0.8 and 0.8. About in line with CW drops when it was 0.9, 0.9, 1.0 and 0.9 last year.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super curious what will happen with Tell Me A Story. I think it ended a week back possibly? Haven't heard much at all about it after the pilot (which is the only piece I've seen).

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Via USA, Comcast's top On-Demand Shows for 2018
2018: Top 20 Shows On Demand

1. Game of Thrones (HBO)
  2. This Is Us (NBC)
  3. Power (Starz)
  4. 9-1-1 (Fox)
  5. The Good Doctor (ABC)
  6. Shameless (Showtime)
  7. Westworld (HBO)
  8. Jersey Shore Family Vacation (MTV)
  9. Outlander (Starz)
  10. Homeland (Showtime)
  11. The Sopranos (HBO)
  12. Law & Order: SVU (NBC)
  13. Billions (Showtime)
  14. The Voice (NBC)
  15. Married at First Sight (Lifetime)
  16. The Resident (Fox)
  17. America's Got Talent (NBC)
  18. Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
  19. Keeping Up with Kardashians (E!)
  20. Chicago PD (NBC)

Ranking of most popular series viewed on demand in Comcast's 20 million-plus homes, from Jan. 1 to Dec. 5, 2018.

Top shows by city

Baltimore: Power; Game of Thrones; This Is Us; 9-1-1; Shameless​
Boston: Game of Thrones; This Is Us; Shameless Homeland; The Sopranos​
Chicago: Game of Thrones; This Is Us; Power; Shameless; Jersey Shore​
Denver: Game of Thrones; This Is Us; Westworld; Jersey Shore; Outlander​
Houston: Game of Thrones; Power; This Is Us; Jersey Shore; 9-1-1​
Minneapolis: Game of Thrones; This Is Us; Westworld; Power; Billions​
Philadelphia: Power; Game of Thrones; This Is Us; The Sopranos; Shameless​
Pittsburgh: Game of Thrones; This Is Us; Shameless; The Sopranos; Jersey Shore​
Portland: Game of Thrones; This Is Us; Westworld; Outlander; The Good Doctor​
San Francisco: Game of Thrones; This Is Us; Westworld; Power; Homeland​
Seattle: Game of Thrones; This Is Us; Westworld; The Good Doctor; 9-1-1​
Washington, D.C.: Power; Game of Thrones, This Is Us; Westworld; Empire​
More via the link.​

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Facebook Renews 'Sorry For Your Loss,' 'Five Points,' 'Huda Boss,' 'Sacred Lies'
Five Points, Huda Boss, Sacred Lies and Sorry For Your Loss will return to Facebook Watch. These shows, which collectively drew nearly 1.3 million followers, join an increasingly diverse slate of programming that includes Jada Pinkett Smith's breakout talk show Red Table Talk, the interactive game show Confetti, and the planned return of MTV's The Real World.
This might be the worst PR line in the history of PR:
Watch appears to be gathering momentum, attracting more than 400 million monthly users who spend at least a minute checking out videos.
Hey remember how Facebook just this year admitted to their video views algorithm was misleading and also lol I accidentally leave videos on for more than a minute on a near daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.