• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who are you cheering for in the Playoff?

• Go Tigers!

Votes: 61 16.2%
  • Roll Tide!

Votes: 59 15.6%
  • Boomer Sooner!

Votes: 53 14.1%
  • Go Dawgs!

Votes: 95 25.2%
  • UCF is the real national champion!

Votes: 109 28.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
DSlaJ_dU8AEoUnD.jpg

This is an SEC/UCF thread now. All posts must be about the true national champion UCF and the best collection of anything in history, the SEC. It just means more.

The fake news National Championship is next Monday at 8. It's Bama and Georgia. Neither is the real champ thanks to UCF.

CFB Era's Official Podcast- The Decided Schematic Advantage- Records live in our Discord every Wednesday @ 9 PM EST

Episode 45 - The Crock Potting and Crotch Grabbing

We talk about the rest of the bowls, lot of things happened. We talk about the true national championship winners, UCF. We also talk about the pretenders in the College Football Playoff. That alleged game takes place on January 8th.

Subscribe to The Decided Schematic Advantage in iTunes here or search in your podcast app of choice.

Last edited:

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MBS NC tickets are redonkulous since 3 of the 4 schools are all within driving distance and honestly UGA & Clemson could hit a 7 iron over to the stadium.

I still know people going to both the semis and the finals if their team makes it though.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't let me down Oklahoma.

Also I hope Clemson v Alabama isn't boring like last year. Actually fell asleep during that one.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
So Baker Mayfield has missed the last 3 days of media appearances due to illness, but he's been participating in their practices. Gamesmanship or you think he's actually sick? Or are they worried about him saying something stupid?

For the record, I think he's actually probably been sick and nothing to see here. Should be fine by Monday. Gamesmanship seems unlikely, UGA is preparing for him. It's not like the best player in CFB will sneak up on them.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
So if Alabama knocks out Bryant and wins does Clemson still go to the NCG? Just asking for a friend.

I have pretty much tuned out for the bowl season. Here for this weekend though. It is honestly the best games. Monday night is going to be tough and late. I will be more than usually worthless Tuesday

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
If UCF wins and either UGA or Bama wins the title, we're claiming a split title. College football is all about tradition, right?

That's how they determined national championships in the good old days if I remember correctly.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Look what you made me do
Look what you made me do
Look what you made me do
Do you believe that you can win this fight tonight?
We are cominggggg... to your cityyyyyyyy.
**random country rap interlude**

Thanks, ESPN music director, for all of your hard work this season.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
If UCF wins and either UGA or Bama wins the title, we're claiming a split title. College football is all about tradition, right?

That's how they determined national championships in the good old days if I remember correctly.
Yeah that's half the championships that most teams claim.

You know, my first reaction is that this is a joke, but the stupid things that NFL execs say behind anonymity never surprise me so who knows.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Y'all there's a UGA fan riding his scooter from Athens to Pasadena. I think he's somewhere between Texas and there now. He's also only eating Waffle House between Athens and Pasadena. Do they have them in Cali or is he going to be really hungry by the time he gets there?

He's the one that had a wrestling schtick as part of his thing back in 2009, so his mannerisms aren't too surprising.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Do you believe that you can walk on water?
AWWWWWWWWWW-UHHHHHHHHHHHH, AWWWWWWWWWWW-UHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have no connection at all to Oklahoma but Go Sooners

Also, as a Giants fan: SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD SAM DARNOLD

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Whoo only a few more days until UCF completes the year being the only undefeated team left in CFB while beating a team thats beaten 2 of the 4 teams in the playoffs. Co-champs!

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Penn State loses by 1000 points and is forever embarrassed.

Go Bucks. I loved playing USC when we did that home-and-away a few years ago. They were fun match-ups and I hope we can get a win this time.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Closer we get to Monday, the more confident I am that UGA and Alabama win.

Hope UGA/Okie is at least an entertainingly close game, though.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the new thread just in time for the A&M game.

Would've been so nice to have one game without Mazzonne.

Hey, a defensive touchdown! That's new and different.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you listen to the podcast you'll know what S&P+ predicts. ;p

Ha, listened last night.

I've been pretty sure about Georgia's ability to crockpot Oklahoma, but I'm just coming around to feeling good (as good as possible, anyways) about Alabama's chances too. Clemson not being an explosive team and our rushing ability when we actually give Damien and Bo the rock (pls, Daboll) are the main reasons. Jalen either nutting up or Tua being given a shot I think he might excel in is another. We could obviously lose, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It's gameday buckeye fam!

PS get fucked Baker Mayfield. I hope Georgia steamrolls your ass. I don't think my Browns are interested in him anyway. His size might knock him down in the draft.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Ha, listened last night.

I've been pretty sure about Georgia's ability to crockpot Oklahoma, but I'm just coming around to feeling good (as good as possible, anyways) about Alabama's chances too. Clemson not being an explosive team and our rushing ability when we actually give Damien and Bo the rock (pls, Daboll) are the main reasons. Jalen either nutting up or Tua being given a shot I think he might excel in is another. We could obviously lose, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
We didn't do picks on the podcast and I won't for our game, but for Bama and Clemson I gotta go with Bama. Clemson has been unimpressive on offense, and while some of that is allegedly resting starters and getting experience for 2nd and 3rd string, I think firing on all cylinders is what you want going into the playoffs. Ideally you want to get out to a comfortable lead and then put in your reserves to get experience. Clemson offense has been unimpressive all year to me, though Etienne is great and Kelly Bryant can look good.

You don't want to try to do something for 4 quarters that you haven't done all year. Clemson's defense will keep it close, and Clemson has good pieces on offense so it'll be a close game.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Two Wake Forest punts, two blocked kicks. Where the heck was this in the regular season?

Besides the Bama game.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
How the heck did Wake Forest manage 7 wins this season? The ACC is doing terrible this bowl season so maybe that conference is just bottom tier outside of Clempson

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
This color guy is ass.

Pollack and Galloway were some of the best I've heard last night.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I just want an SEC v. SEC national championship where Alabama wins because my team is consistently bad enough now for me to enjoy the entire system burning down.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Rip to those other bowls that aren't the New Year's 6.

Iowa State filled up a minor league stadium for a pep rally.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Holding plays are a big part of the Mazonne offense it seems.

The bad tackling is just a school tradition.

(My goodness Jimbo talks fast).

Status
Not open for further replies.