• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Talley Rand

Apr 10, 2018
sh2

45943370261_92bdbd0129_o.png
32072351448_25a7be7f6f_o.png

45219149154_3faeddcebd_o.png

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Since the original OP is indisposed of apparently I have received permission to make the 2019 thread. I'm going to stick with the same general format but I'm looking for suggestions from people here for changes or additions you would like to see.

Also taking suggestions for a subtitle

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Simply put the recommandations section in the OP when it comes to the recommended emulators could use to NOT assume we all run on Windows and recommend emulators that also run on Mac OS and Linux.

Or at least repeat the section for Linux users and Mac users ....

Outside of Higan Mednafen and PCSX2 pretty much all of the other recommended emulators are windows only ...

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Simply put the recommandations section in the OP when it comes to the recommended emulators could use to NOT assume we all run on Windows and recommend emulators that also run on Mac OS and Linux.

Or at least repeat the section for Linux users and Mac users ....

Outside of Higan Mednafen and PCSX2 pretty much all of the other recommended emulators are windows only ...

I have absolutely no experience with non-windows emulators so im completely open to any suggestions from someone with experience in non-windows emulators or ones that work beter than the ones I suggested. Although given Windows monolithic market penetration I will stick with the assumption and have another section for Non-windows emulators

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
I have absolutely no experience with non-windows emulators so im completely open to any suggestions from someone with experience in non-windows emulators or ones that work beter than the ones I suggested
Thing is in the list some are available on Linux and mac os and are the best option (and sometimes only optionn period)
So in the OP of that thread it's more a question of making it clear which one has a Mac/ Linux version ;)

Linux / Mac
Higan = NES + SNES + GameBoy + GameBoy Color + GameBoy Advance
PCSX 2 = PS2
Mednafen is straight up the only solution for the Sega Saturn for us Penguins and Apple lovers
And for the rest a lot of the libretro cores ...

Heck for Genesis I'm still trying to find my footing ...

But if anything can I post pics of games with non recommended emulators and comment on the emulators themselves ?

Status
Not open for further replies.