• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Gran Turismo / PlayStation 1 / mednafen

enwUNbT.png

Silent Hill / PlayStation 1 / mednafen

AqlG2W2.png

Mizzurna Falls / PlayStation 1 / mednafen

314A9Uv.png

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Ran Mame up for the first time properly

Mindblown

What's are some cool options for the universal CRT shader? I've tried some but would like to have recommendations

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe the 3ds screenshots! Damn. Is the emulator demanding and is it technical possible for switch to emulate 3ds games in 1080p? Because if it is Nintendo have a enormous opportunity. I would double dipp, the 3ds library is amazing. I don't even like handhelds but I owne one anyway because of all the amazing exclusives.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I can't believe the 3ds screenshots! Damn. Is the emulator demanding and is it technical possible for switch to emulate 3ds games in 1080p? Because if it is Nintendo have a enormous opportunity. I would double dipp, the 3ds library is amazing. I don't even like handhelds but I owne one anyway because of all the amazing exclusives.

The emulator is not very demanding anymore since the last update even low end hardware should be enough now provided there is a gpu which can make use of the new gpu shaders.

butman

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man i need to built a miniPC exclusivily for Retroarch. This shots looks gorgeous!

Any guide to start with Retroarch and organize games library and shaders?

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The emulator is not very demanding anymore since the last update even low end hardware should be enough now provided there is a gpu which can make use of the new gpu shaders.
Some games still don't run full speed even with the update, Luigi's Mansion 2 being one of the most notable ones even on high end systems

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Some games still don't run full speed even with the update, Luigi's Mansion 2 being one of the most notable ones even on high end systems

Yes there are of course still games which are still slow because of bugs or unimplemented functions but that should be fixed in time.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Man i need to built a miniPC exclusivily for Retroarch. This shots looks gorgeous!

Any guide to start with Retroarch and organize games library and shaders?

After someone pointed out just how demanding it is (in the 2200/2400G Ryzen thread), I had a check at my CPU usage. The CRT Royale (and the Kouzami offshoot) are pretty demanding shaders. So you don't want to go low end on the CPU side if you want to crank things up and use an intensive shader on top of it.

And for anyone looking at this thread, I'd say test out both the stock CRT Royale shader and Kouzami. I used to use Kouzami since I think it definitely looks better in screenshots (even in this thread I think my Metroid screen in inferior to the Kouzami screens), but at least on my 1080p display, I prefer CRT Royale better when the game's in motion.

As for tips? Prepare for absolute hatred. Retroarch makes me rage on a whole range of issues. It's the worst and the best. It's the best in that you can use the CRT Royale shaders and it literally has zero added latency (if you use the proper settings). So it's hands down the best looking and lowest latency way to play. But man, can it be finicky and just rage inducing. Once you taste it, though, you can't quit it. No matter how much your sanity would prefer.

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SegaSonic The Hedgehog-Sega System 32 (RetroArch MAME)

39962926105_598a7643d5_o.png

39962926975_7cfbb97c35_o.png

26005650517_db7747a455_o.png

Shader: CRT-Royale Kurozumi

Last edited:

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master (RetroArch-Genesis Plus GX)

Shader: CRT-Royale Kurozumi

40154639805_12637a1f06_o.png

26176927577_11044f6eaf_o.png

As mentioned in this thread, if you have the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Classics on Steam, you can use the ROMs in the emulator of your choice.

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just wanted to ask someone here if they know how I could get my gamecube controller running on No$GBA?

I have the drivers installed for my controller and it works fine for Dolphin but for some reason No$GBA isn't picking it up at all when I go to the controller config

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
How well does Redream run? I'm interested about playing the DC version of Soul Reaver.

Oct 27, 2017
Man, reading this thread and seeing these amazing screenshots has really made me realise how much low resolutions held games back in the day. So much detail and image quality lost. It's insane how good so many PS2, Gamecube and 3DS (!) games look at higher res and how well the texture work holds up.

I'd love to get a beefy PC to play some of these games in the future.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone please give me a quick rundown on how to get reshade to work with PCSX1.4?

Edit: nevermind, figured it out.

Last edited:

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone please give me a quick rundown on how to get reshade to work with PCSX1.4?

Edit: nevermind, figured it out.
You'd probably be better off using the development builds at this point, they're much further along and the devs even recommend using them over the current stable release

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
You'd probably be better off using the development builds at this point, they're much further along and the devs even recommend using them over the current stable release

Oh man, now that I got it to work lol.

Trying to figure out the best look for Shadow Hearts Covenant, god I love this game so much.

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am still not sure what to do here. I'm old you will have to forgive me. I have my link. What do I do with my link now? I see the BB Code editor over there.

https://ibb.co/kkzDJn

That is the link. Now how do I properly embed that? Thank a lot I am sorry.

Also, how the hell do I clean up those posts. Remove formatting does not seem to do anything, and I can't see those image links in parenthesis?
Click embed (in the link you posted), then copy the BBCode (full image linked) (the text between img and img).

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018
Yes, thank you, my only other question is how do I get it so the picture is small at first, but then gets larger instead of linking to site to get original image? Thanks a lot.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Can we post off-screen shots? I just remembered sharing these to my brother while we were talking about retroarch the other week.

Shining the Holy Ark and Castlevania, both on retroarch. Can't remember what shaders I used for both. I think the Saturn one was either crt-cgwg-fast or crt-easymode-halation and the Gameboy one was one of the dmg console border shaders.

30826348_2312367798777059_1016926959_o.jpg

30768590_2312374518776387_2026967845_o.jpg

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only the 4K pack and nothing else. Previous (1.11.6?) build, I'll try the new one later in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.