• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
No LOD patch at the time I took this shot but in the latest Cemu there is one. I took this shot when I used to have an ultrawide monitor (21:9). It's actually a series of shots which are stitched together. I used reshade too.

A few more.

43419429194_b81c4c552zmepq.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles X | Cemu

37162115972_819d651019_o.jpg

BOTW looks a bit blown out in that top image, good overall. The Xenoblade one is just gorgeous.

Talley Rand

Apr 10, 2018
Game: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax Chronicle
Emulator: PCSX2 v1.5.0-dev-2472
Resolution: 2560x1440
Settings: OpenGL renderer, 8x Internal Resolution, 16x AF, Aggressive CRC hack, 2xFXAA
Other: Widescreen and 480p patch, ReShade FXAA + SMAA + LumaSharpen

43409473404_0010748736_o.png

29302643287_01d0b77fc2_o.png

42430485440_f69b72f611_o.png

Looks mindblowing without all the goddamn blur and aliasing. PS2 SMT games in general have this timeless aesthetic feel to them but Nocturne certainly takes the cake. Btw, if you're using reshade you may want to check the latest version, which has the new superior sharpener "filmicanamorphsharpen", it causes less artifacts.

Last edited:

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
i have to admit to cheating here,the game is unplayable at 4x so i'm playing it a 2x but it just doesn't look good enough for pictures.for that reason i'll only post these.

hopefully that first one isn't considered inappropriate,just let me know and i'll edit it out.

PCSX2 / ghosthunter / 4x IR / 16x AF

ghosthunter3.png

ghosthunter2.png

ghosthunter1.png

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
i have to admit to cheating here,the game is unplayable at 4x so i'm playing it a 2x but it just doesn't look good enough for pictures.for that reason i'll only post these.

hopefully that first one isn't considered inappropriate,just let me know and i'll edit it out.

PCSX2 / ghosthunter / 4x IR / 16x AF

ghosthunter3.png

ghosthunter2.png

ghosthunter1.png

Can't see anything inappropriate at a glance all look good thanks for the pictures.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Yea definitely Nintendo's commitment to clean graphics and iconic artstyle it just works so well with resolution scaling, there is simplicity but pertinent features and excellent combination and contrast of colours pretty much universally in their games, as a clean graphics whore I always appreciate it

You said it more eloquently than I could lol. Almost every 3D game they have made scales beautifully because of that. Really comes down to the focus on color over detail and the frequent use of geometry over textures to show what detail the art does have.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how insane those Persona Shots are. Also the Smash/Paper Mario and Xenoblade Chronicle X shots are all mighty impressive too. Crazy how well some of those games hold up when rendered in higher resolutions.

petetnt

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently I can't post threads on ResetEra but this thing is pretty wild and might prove useful for this thread

http://prilik.com/blog/wideNES

wideNES is a novel technique to automatically and interactively map-out NES games, in real time.

As players move within a level, wideNES records the screen, gradually building-up a map of what's been explored. On subsequent playthroughs of the level, wideNES syncs the action on-screen to the generated map, effectively letting players see more of the level by "peeking" past the edge of the NES's screen! Best of all, wideNES's approach to mapping games is totally generalized, enabling a wide range of NES games to work with wideNES right out of the box!

wideNES_metroid.gif

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
The art direction (that was clearly limited by hardware) is outstanding in a lot of these games.
At least now we can see the artists true vision of how these games were originally intended to look.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Yea definitely Nintendo's commitment to clean graphics and iconic artstyle it just works so well with resolution scaling, there is simplicity but pertinent features and excellent combination and contrast of colours pretty much universally in their games, as a clean graphics whore I always appreciate it

I remember back in the PS2/Gamecube/XBox era there was an interview with one of MS' head guys. And he made the comment about how Nintendo really prioritized giving their main characters a high poly count over the rest of the game. It really was meant as more of a criticism, but even at that time, I didn't really think it was a very good putdown.

History has shown it was absolutely the right approach. Even Gamecube games tend to look fantastic when rendered at high resolutions in Dolphin. If you had a limited poly count and your environment was going to be starved regardless, why not let your main characters look great and have the environment be stylized? It certainly proved the correct approach in hindsight. Only thing better than Nintendo games running at high render resolutions, is running at high render resolutions and stereo 3D. So pretty.

Oct 27, 2017
Wave Race Blue Storm
Dolphin (4x res I think)

The reflections in this game are still impressive as heck. I wanted to grab a few more shots, but it kept crashing on me whenever I'd change tracks.

gwre01-3kjdd4.png

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Not as beautiful as the rest but I just managed to get my DS cart ripper working and only had 1 game to test it with.

Behold the worst original harvest moon game made.
Desmume 2x IR
eW8PLVI.png

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

Game:
Onimusha Warlords
System: PlayStation 2
Emulator: PCSX2
Enhancements: 4x IR, FXAA, Shade Boost, Diagonal Filter TV Shader (built-in)

http:///ZUTc.png

http:///aVTc.png

http:///bVTc.png

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
i gave up on ghosthunter,far too much slowdown after reading up on it i'm not surprised.so i've moved on.

PCSX2 / Evil Twin / 4x IR / 16x AF

evil_twin_1.png

evil_twin_2.png

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
That looks absolutely terrifying I've never even heard of this game before.

full (UK) title is Evil Twin Cyprien's Chronicles,i've had the disc for years but never got around to playing it.i'm still very early in but so far it seems a decent platformer.

it runs flawlessly as well so far in PCSX2 except the cutscenes where it tries to go 4:3 letterbox but the widescreen hack makes only the middle of the screen letterbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.