• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
This was the gift that arrived for me:
ie9ZTRb.jpg
ie9ZTRb.jpg

inside was...

4VXH8Ci.jpg

a Gundam Deathscythe model!

Attached was a card, that had:
KeyHRsw.jpg

a $25 ThingGeek gift card and a $20 Steam wallet card!

...wait.
Part 2???!!??!?!!?
I didn't know there would be a second part to the gift!

I'm out of town but will be on the lookout for a package when I get back.

Thank you so much to my SS, CM_Ace !

You're welcome! Part 2 took a while to get to me but I'll be sure to send it first thing tomorrow!

OP
OP
nicoga3000

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Merry Christmas everyone!

It's been a busy few days here and I've been paying attention to this thread on and off. Dealing with a few PM's as I can. I will say, I complain about it a lot, but I hate that I stop getting notifications for threads I follow. I missed a bunch as a result. But it is what it is.

I'm glad everyone has had mostly success with Elfster. Learned of a few problems that I need to iron out next year, but I think there has been enough general positive feedback that it makes sense to stick with it.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017

It's been a busy few days here and I've been paying attention to this thread on and off. Dealing with a few PM's as I can. I will say, I complain about it a lot, but I hate that I stop getting notifications for threads I follow. I missed a bunch as a result. But it is what it is.

I'm glad everyone has had mostly success with Elfster. Learned of a few problems that I need to iron out next year, but I think there has been enough general positive feedback that it makes sense to stick with it.

Thank you for doing this - I'm sure it's more work than any of us quite get and from where I'm sitting, you've done a great job!

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada

Thanks for doing this once again Nic! It's amazing every year!

Oct 27, 2017

Merry Christmas!

And thanks for another great year.

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
AlmostMilk thank you so much for the gifts!
aAPrkYK.jpg

918NWSt.jpg

I love Reese's! Haha these will be gone by New Years, I'm going to gobble them fast.
I've always seen those Mushroom House candies around but I've never eaten the candies before, so I'm excited to try them out :D
Funny thing, I went to E3 the Odyssey year, too! I was able to get the hat and the pin but I was devastated when I lost the Odyssey pin somewhere at E3.... BUT IT HAS RETURNED TO ME!!!! Haha you are awesome! I never had a chance to get the Splatoon 2 one, so I'm even more stoked to add another one to the family. I love collectible pins. I literally exclaimed when I saw the Odyssey one, no joke lol.
Thank you for the note, this is my second SS and have enjoyed both very much. I look forward to it every year.

Now onto the big boy... you hit a buzzer beater three pointer with a defensive foul call with this one!!
I love the Lakers. I've been a diehard fan since I was a kid. My family is from LA and I grew up during the Kobe and Shaq era, and have been a fan of them ever since... but I grew up in Portland lol. And everyone around me were Trail Blazers fans... and they despise the Lakers... So, even though I live in Florida now, the last 5-7 years have been rough as a fan, but I've stood firm.

This gift has reignited (😏) my energy for them. Playoffs here we come!!!

Thank you so much again for the thoughtful gift.
As you can see, I hung it up immediately lol
Merry Christmas, my friend! 😁
Your Welcome! I'm glad you liked everything. I saw the sign and felt like it was the perfect gift to get you.

As for my Secret Santa, I got the gift a little while ago and opened it by accident thinking it was one of the packages I ordered. I'm not sure who it's from but thank you!
OD2EfKt.jpg

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA

Thanks for doing this and happy Christmas to you. Elfster worked out just fine for my first Secret Santa and I can't wait until next year!

OP
OP
nicoga3000

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the praise - but it's you all who make this event special! It's great to see such positive experiences from the majority.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
That moment when your TT still hasn't posted, so you begin to think your gift was shit 😩

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
ORPGwpl.jpg

Yoooooo thanks so much, SS! Can't wait to fill up this whiskey barrel and marathon some Detroit with the GF!

Oct 25, 2017
To my ss. Apologies but I'm out of town until the 27th so I won't be able to pick it up from the post office until then

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Forgive for the lateness as I am one of those horrible people that spend the christmas with their family (gasp! A hideous beast! He like's his family! Burn the witch)

Ok, enough joking around, I also needed some time to get photos. not the best photos admittingly (I failed Tsunoda's Instagram picture taking class) but I got the best I can get so I hope I showcase Fliesen lovely gifts well.

WPiLMaC.jpg

A very nice and spiffy set of gifts this was, Istanbul is a board game I have heard about in the past but haven't had the chance to pick up before. It should hopefully be easy to pick up and play and fast to set up so very much appreciated. And these treats are looking to be very delicious. The Cat Tongues and Mozart Balls look very tasty to enjoy. I myself pass on the Hazelnut Wafer Biscuits (I don't have a nut allergy so don't worry about that, just not super fond on Hazelnuts myself) but I will be splitting all of these lovely treats up with the family over the next few days so they will all be put to good use. It's a very nice selection of gifts so thank you very much for them.

Oh right, there's also that as well wasn't there?

HtATIHb.jpg

Wow, you custom made this adorable little Spyro Plushie? I'm flabbergasted, he's adorable and I love him to bits. And this is a first time making one of these as well? If so he came out amazingly well. This really put a big smile on my face. Thank you very very much for this Spyro plush, it was the highlight of the Secret Santa for sure.

0yB7jlm.jpg

Here's a bonus pic of Spyro trying to bribe his way offer a token of appreciation to Plush General Oki (That one I have in the avatar, though minus the Reignited Horns) and join in the Plush Army I have. I have a good feeling he's going to get in.

It was also cool to see my forum avi on the box you sent, although I didn't snap a pic of that since it has my real name on it and well, the avi is in the corner for people to see anyway.

Thanks again Fliesen and I hope you have a great remaining 2018 and a fantastic 2019 as well!

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Forgive for the lateness as I am one of those horrible people that spend the christmas with their family (gasp! A hideous beast! He like's his family! Burn the witch)

Ok, enough joking around, I also needed some time to get photos. not the best photos admittingly (I failed Tsunoda's Instagram picture taking class) but I got the best I can get so I hope I showcase Fliesen lovely gifts well.

WPiLMaC.jpg

A very nice and spiffy set of gifts this was, Istanbul is a board game I have heard about in the past but haven't had the chance to pick up before. It should hopefully be easy to pick up and play and fast to set up so very much appreciated. And these treats are looking to be very delicious. The Cat Tongues and Mozart Balls look very tasty to enjoy. I myself pass on the Hazelnut Wafer Biscuits (I don't have a nut allergy so don't worry about that, just not super fond on Hazelnuts myself) but I will be splitting all of these lovely treats up with the family over the next few days so they will all be put to good use. It's a very nice selection of gifts so thank you very much for them.

Oh right, there's also that as well wasn't there?

HtATIHb.jpg

Wow, you custom made this adorable little Spyro Plushie? I'm flabbergasted, he's adorable and I love him to bits. And this is a first time making one of these as well? If so he came out amazingly well. This really put a big smile on my face. Thank you very very much for this Spyro plush, it was the highlight of the Secret Santa for sure.

0yB7jlm.jpg

Here's a bonus pic of Spyro trying to bribe his way offer a token of appreciation to Plush General Oki (That one I have in the avatar, though minus the Reignited Horns) and join in the Plush Army I have. I have a good feeling he's going to get in.

It was also cool to see my forum avi on the box you sent, although I didn't snap a pic of that since it has my real name on it and well, the avi is in the corner for people to see anyway.

Thanks again Fliesen and I hope you have a great remaining 2018 and a fantastic 2019 as well!

Haha, putting the Avatar there was mainly just a workaround to put your address there - it's literally a crop from your Elfster page. It was meant as some kind of lazy "well, that's how you wrote your adress - if the package gets lost, it's not my fault" backup ;)

Also, yes - i've never made a plush animal, never worked with plush or anything similar. (and most of the sewing, apart from certain attempts at cosplay creation, is stuff like shortening pant legs, trying to fix stuff that got ripped open) - this was my first time sewing anything from scratch.

The funniest part was: I had bought the sewing pattern from Etsy with the idea "He likes Dog plushes, he likes Okami - I'm gonna make a white dog plush an add these red 'tribals' to make it look like 'the Okami Dog' ".... thankfully i read your 'wish list' again and actually googled those names of your favorite plushes, only to realize that your custom "Amaterasu" was 'the Okami dog'.

So i did the whole palette swap to Spyro thing :) - thank god i hadn't ordered the white plush fabric yet. And i feel like that one turned out even better!

I'm really happy you like the little Spyro Frankenfox - and i was so happy the package made it to you in time :D

On a sidenote - it's really sucky that, if i were to be matched with a UKEra poster next year, i might have to fill out some customs form. 😕

Last edited:

turtle553

Oct 25, 2017
I got my gifts and was able to finally open them today. My SS was super generous. I will post pics soon.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Checked on the status on the package that I sent, turns out my TT just hasnt gone to pick it up from their depot yet.

The gift I'm set to receive is in the country, but not here yet, postal service being (understandably) slow over the holiday period

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

Merry Christmas Nic. Thanks for your efforts on this every year.

Bluesteel

Oct 25, 2017
asdkkljhsdflkajfdhakljhlkjhfd

So upon looking at the box that I got I was like oh huh interesting return address. Wonder if that's gonna be related to the contents? But then I opened up and sweerrve here's what I found!

su_PeOtXmuO2OU9pU3xjEQx80FFIxOXW-gAeSN_9KYNIN0OGVRZPgJg52AFQ4roK0Tu4MuFY7ko16kAkNe0Z84c3zAVYm4SpyWIBdZ5ygiYgMRNsgT6ugF-m5PvvRCe2Elcah5Rv7uOZr0si0OMFOrCOIfJc1Vt0eq5ILyjHTc57ogE2lVzaOviTtPYtYgSHkasiF_ySfQEp9Cg_PTPJJOVumcjNcHituKPeZcR5AZFlPgae7jxJFDjtLT64Jg_ep2eswO4I-NAzzcaih1VeYt9L19z1LAu3jB4JojhVgXlJ0V4dJTfnBIkQHGNJRbm6p6zOm4K8qha4eMkZLml86s_1i5AZWqLiJjo59r14KgoiVamUowsTbAarK2NAFOTyQfhAjaAbOD_46nlsmN_N7vwl2YcEbmoe5sf7u-HG2eNMq8S0FHS02YLolDKQ4j-qc13pMr42yzogd2d3vIgGfZNHYQPI1JpYnQBQ0Zm4DsiUcHdGVVm5WbudBvcer1RqbBPrlEk_aSVLLdvD68o3MMjjMomBcCRJOzyuHP722Ux4Az9C9hZByeX4q11eQNTNUqg9wpoaFR1StRqhPzwJMNzdPmOwQrgTpXNphniKPPoTwekDMksITPqQI8PI92dcmuj1iOSk2OxSeWfArVXF1lrEXg=w1251-h938-no

Off the bat it I was already like woah! multiple stuff! After opening everything up, here's what I found:

2PwQE0D.jpg

Oof Photosynthesis , you are SO AWESOME. asdl;jksdkladjs. Outside of a few mutual friend exchanges and ERA SS, I don't really give/receive presents for Christmas, so getting this package was a real treat! Thank you so much for everything!

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017

Got my SS gifts in the mail today! Don't know who it is but thank you so much. I was just talking with my wife the other day how I want a Giant Bomb shirt. Matches my GB mug perfectly. Love the ornament too. Sour Patch Kids are actually my daughter's absolute favorite candy so you knocked that one out of the park. Merry Christmas!

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Received the second part of my gift.

$20 eShop card. Thanks Santa!
Glad to hear it got to you before Christmas! Hope you could get something good with it.

To my secret Santa, thank you!!!
2bkoJmf.jpg

I appreciate all of this and I've already been playing the crap out of smash.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Glad to hear it got to you before Christmas! Hope you could get something good with it.

2bkoJmf.jpg

Oh cool thanks for everything. It was all great.

If you are going to watch that film with your gf, I can hook you up with a link for it. Or if you have Shudder, you can watch there.

Velinos

Oct 27, 2017
byG47Bcl.jpg

Ng5DrIWl.jpg

Secret Santa you did good this year. I have not had Skyline chili and I look forward to trying it. The arcade button light switch is pretty neat. I will have to see if I can put it in my arcade room. I do enjoy Shovel Knight so you did good on that. Betrayal at House on the Hill is a great game so you did good on that too. Thank you very much.

2bkoJmf.jpg

Whooo! Glad you got it safely and on the inside of the card (on the left side), I've included my Switch Friend Code just in case.

Merry Christmas and Happy Smashing!

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds

Thanks nicoga and Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas! So excited to participate next year, lurking from afar all those years was fun in a vicarious kind of way. Finally participating was a lot more exciting than I imagined it would be.

Elfster worked really well, not sure how well it was on your end as the organizer, but glad to know we might stick with it. Unless a better option shows up, Elfster definitely should be used a few more times to figure out what does and doesn't work well using the site.

Remk NG

Apr 16, 2018
I got the last 2 items in on Friday. Wife opened em again ha only told me last night she had

The weeman loves the toy!

I'll get a good amount of use out of that bucket of a cup ha

Thanks again Secret Santa!!

Since you didn't post a wishliist on elfster or your post here so I had to go the stalking route.

And there were two constants when I looked at your posts, football and your kid.

And that's how I chose your gifts, glad you liked them :)

Remk NG

Apr 16, 2018
It's a bad pic but here's my gift.
OQsx1Tc.jpg

Thank you SS!!! I know you included your real name on the note but not your Era name, so I'll keep referring to you as Santa :)

I actually got dragon quest builders in a previous Christmas exchange so I guess this makes DQ a holiday tradition now.
And I agree that Makoto Shinkai is great, I've been meaning to pick up the movie for a while so this was a pleasant surprise.

Your note also mentioned there was more on the way, but if that's the case I have not received it.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to watch/play them over the New year's break :)

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Finally had a moment to open the package from my SS. I meant to open it earlier but holidays with the family turned out a little crazier than expected:

RqZC7yQ.jpg

Thanks!

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo, still nothing here, so I got curious and decided to check the tracking info I got. On the tracking thing, Parcelforce is saying that I got notified that I had to get the package myself at the depot. What? They didn't notified me of anything, and what depot? Parcelforce doesn't have depots in France, as far as I know? I guess I'm going to try to email them.
So, if my SS is reading this: I got this don't worry, I'm gonna take care of it next week, but if you're not seeing unpacking pics here right away, it's because it's a little more complicated that anticipated.

Update: I still have no clue how to get my package. The Parcelforce website isn't helpful at all, I can't fill any of their contact form because I don't have any notification card or whatever they're supposed to leave behind, their depot locator only list depots in the UK, they don't have depot in France. After searching on different forums I learned that they use local partners in France for deliveries, but I have no way of knowing which one.

SS, if you're reading this, do you have any info that could help me? I'm running out of ideas.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Opened up my package today (arrived over a week before the tracking site said it would) and wowsers!

6ZcOfBE.jpg

Enough chocolate based goodness to last me a month! And TLoU vinyl which adds nicely to my collection!

Ya did good SS, ya did real good!

turtle553

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad you got your gifts! I hope they weren't late or anything. I had lost the tracking and was worried.
Merry Christmas!

They came Monday I think (was out of town), but I didn't open them until Tuesday.

Here are the pics. Above and beyond what I could have hoped for. There was also another digital Switch game code I almost missed. Thanks so much to B4mv!
oaOu9GuGJpIu4Mgn2dwcUJ-gzUllCUfLB_xmvT38HOgBoG-sHYy18ovJqPScF2EXiTRhcwpRemWNAHYC7sqBB5I4DBmSf7GywV4chnx8SxEqOYnUIy5FGy_29PPX_JVCuJKHVfoHPQ=w1403-h789-no

n5B4pNw10CqHCqmjASorTgy65UtAas1B4xP7J6anLXnQcZP7va0_HZavwmuxfd74qZfusq0nyz4lNRUjXyhr8pAWisPgBMIJEFnDhF_Upk2c-sQiP80PUxXsp0YiB39P_HsPJ8EMjA=w1403-h789-no

Last edited:

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
Got my presents almost two weeks before Christmas, but didn't open it until we got back from visiting family yesterday:

I got Xenogears sprite magnets, some In-and-Out swag and a See's Candy sampler. The magnets are pretty cool, but I haven't stuck them onto anything yet, and the candy will be shared with the wife.

Thanks red_taiyaki !

Volkoff

Oct 27, 2017
Yo-hio
Opened up my gift on Christmas but am just now getting to posting a huge THANK YOU to my SS. Totally nailed everything I could've asked for. Many thanks and major props!

And..I never thought I'd ever receive dragon balls as a gift, haha, what a surprise that was. Provided quite the chuckle.

Aiustis

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cybertronic Purgatory
Jo-Awn! Thank you so much!
I really love just getting stuff, but you nailed it
I love cons and merch and collecting con badges
Also really love buttons
I've got big plans for the notebook
Almost all my lip balm ends up sacrificed to the dryer or lost god knows where
The picture of my Kitty means a lot especially since I recently lost my iPod with all her pictures
And the snacks! When I was little and lived in the Bronx, I had this friend and she always gave me coco leche; thanks for taking me back to some good memories
And that card! You did your work with that it is fantastic
Also excited to start Valkyria
I'll will definitely be at C2E2 and possibly NYC Comic Con; you should hit me up!
SS Goodies

For whatever reason I keep getting an error inserting an image ie why it took me so long (I don't have a smartphone)

Last edited:

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Opened up my gift on Christmas but am just now getting to posting a huge THANK YOU to my SS. Totally nailed everything I could've asked for. Many thanks and major props!

And..I never thought I'd ever receive dragon balls as a gift, haha, what a surprise that was. Provided quite the chuckle.

You're welcome, bro. Enjoy everything in good health!
And wish for world peace or something with those dragon balls lol

Same. nicoga3000 , are you going to show each person's SS?
He usually does sometime after the holidays.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to shout out to my secret Santa this year for such an amazing gift! Funny thing is my work had a gift exchange and I got the Rathalos pop as a part of that gift so now my hunter has some farming to do😋

ps Me and my SO just got back from London a few weeks ago and have been tearing up the candies we got from the Tesco near our hotel. So the additional Cadbury is much appreciated.

Secret Santa Haul

Glad you liked it :) Merry Christmas!

EIo0N1j.jpg

Thanks to my SS - although I don't know who it was because it was sent directly from Amazon with no note

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
They came Monday I think (was out of town), but I didn't open them until Tuesday.

Here are the pics. Above and beyond what I could have hoped for. There was also another digital Switch game code I almost missed. Thanks so much to B4mv!
oaOu9GuGJpIu4Mgn2dwcUJ-gzUllCUfLB_xmvT38HOgBoG-sHYy18ovJqPScF2EXiTRhcwpRemWNAHYC7sqBB5I4DBmSf7GywV4chnx8SxEqOYnUIy5FGy_29PPX_JVCuJKHVfoHPQ=w1403-h789-no

n5B4pNw10CqHCqmjASorTgy65UtAas1B4xP7J6anLXnQcZP7va0_HZavwmuxfd74qZfusq0nyz4lNRUjXyhr8pAWisPgBMIJEFnDhF_Upk2c-sQiP80PUxXsp0YiB39P_HsPJ8EMjA=w1403-h789-no

I'm glad you like them!
Aside from that, your cat is nearly identical to mine, it's like mine regressed 5 years in age

Macheezmo

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't heard from my TT. Package says it arrived 3 weeks ago, and I haven't heard a peep. He's been posting so he isn't banned.