• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just internet detective'd my way to my TT's ERA username :)

Now to stalk...

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
General Info:
Current occupation: Auto Technician (Mechanic)
Shirt Size: Medium
Favorite Hobbies: Cars, Video games, Movies
Sports Team: Not really into sports
Consoles I Currently Own: Xbone
Favorite Video Game Genres: Shooter, Action/Adventure, Racing
Favorite Gaming Series: Halo, Battlefield, Forza
Dietary Restrictions: None
Extra Info:
I'm not too picky when it comes to gifts from this. All I ask is that it be something fun. It doesn't have to be anything useful. I mostly just put the things on the elfster wishlist to give an idea on the kinds of things I like to get.

I don't really collect anything. I do like building lego sets every once in a while. My fioncee collects mugs and I am trying to get a few for myself to add to the collection, so a nerdy gaming mug wouldn't be a bad idea.

My biggest wish from this every year is that if my Secret Santa lives anywhere interesting, that I get something from the area that I could only get if I went there. Last year when I participated in this, my SS put together a Seattle care package and it was perfect.

hoop

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Oh wow I'd be all over this had I joined sooner.

Seems like it's an annual thing - well remember me folks because for 2019's Secret Santa I'm gonna be all up in this place.

c0untzer0

Nov 13, 2017
Missed signups this year. I was too hopped up on pie and turkey and completely forgot to register. Hope you guys have fun this year.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Oh shit matches. We are moving right along. Let me bust out a infogram.

Shirt Size: XXL/XXXL
Favorite Hobbies: Video games, movies, table top games, DnD
Current Owned Consoles: Switch, PS4
Favorite Game Series': Chrono, Resident Evil and Ace Attorney are the big three. Really anticipating REmake 2 and Devil May Cry 5. Here's a link to my psn trophies if you want a more indepth look : https://psnprofiles.com/SlasherMcGirk
Favorite movies: Predator, Jurassic Park, Aliens, The Naked Gun, Army of Darkness
Favorite All Time Television: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, X - Files, Supernatural,
Favorite Music: 80's synth and rock but mostly game music
Food: I don't have any allergies and I don't mind food but would prefer the main gift not just be food I can buy at the store
NSFW Gift: Lol yes. I put this every year no takers yet. Straight male.
Additional info: I'm not too picky on the gift. I kinda like a surprise more than anything. Maybe get me something that you really like that you think I might like too. Anything personal big or small goes a long way. Please don't stress out my Tiny Tim just have fun. Happy post stalking!

Le-mo

Nov 2, 2017
General Info
Current occupation: USPS Mail Carrier
Favorite Hobbies: Hiking, working out, gaming, watching sports (mainly soccer), favorite team is chelsea and favorite player is ronaldinho
Consoles I Currently Own: PS4
Favorite Anime/Manga Series: Naruto, One Punch Man, Dragon Ball/ Z
Favorite Video Game Genres: JRPG, ARPG
Favorite Gaming Series/Franchises: too many to names, mainly playstation exclusive franchises
Miscellaneous: I love getting stuff like posters and figures and anything that are collectibles.

Oct 27, 2017
My partners gift shouldn't be a hard get. When do we order it? What's the deadline ?

The deadline to send your gift is tough. I would prefer people get their stuff to open on Christmas (12/25), but I know that can be tough with everything going on during the holidays. That said, I AM going to request that gifts be postmarked by 12/18/2018. Earlier is better. But I want to give people adequate time to shop.

The minimum you should plan to spend on the gift alone is 25 USD. Feel free to spend as much as you'd like.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I'm not going to lie, I have sent very little through the mail. So buying items and packing them is a little intimidating, especially if it's suppose to look nice. I'll see what I can do, but I can't promise things won't just be buried under mounds of newspaper or similar material.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, even through internet stalking I cannot find my TT on here after I received their info on Elfster.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, even through internet stalking I cannot find my TT on here after I received their info on Elfster.

You can send an anonymous message to your TT on their Elfster profile page, so you could try asking for their Era name through that. If it's been a while and you still don't get an answer then I guess they can't complain about whatever you choose to get them.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Alright here's my list, hope this helps out for my SS

Shirt Size: Large (Europe)
Favourite Hobbies: Video games, Animation, Movies, Board Games, Plush Collection
Current Owned Consoles: PS4 (Primary), PC (Secondary), Switch (Tertiary)
Favourite Game Series: Okami, Pokemon, BlazBlue, Kirby, Crash/Spyro, PERSONA!
Last year my favourite games were Persona 5, Nier Automata, Yakuza 0, Crash N.Sane, Sonic Mania, Cuphead, Hollow Knight and Pyre
This year Monster Hunter World has consumed most of my time, also enjoyed the Spyro Trilogy, Tetris Effect, Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Blazblue Cross Tag, Kirby Star Allies, The Messenger and Celeste
Here's the list of PS4 games I own: https://psnprofiles.com/CelestialWolfZX (I have a bit of a backlog issue with stuff like God of War and Spiderman that I've been meaning to get to)
Here's my Steam Library: https://steamcommunity.com/id/KillstealWolf
If someone has a way to list your Switch games please put it here so I can add my list here:
Favourite movies: Princess Mononoke, Hot Fuzz and ParaNorman
Here's the list of films I've seen this year and how I rank them, hopefully that should point towards my general tastes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OG6xVr6a_wCiCqwNXMIszF1X6LCgWLU0bZhCTs5ewO8/edit?usp=sharing
Favourite Board Games: Lords of Waterdeep, Splendor, Roll for the Galaxy, Hero Realms, Snake Oil
I like to play games with more depth, but the people I play with get tired if the rule explanitions take forever. So something with the right balance would be good.
Favourite Plushes: I got a custom Oki that I've been using as an Avatar since I started here. Also have a custom Amaterasu, Midna and Wolf Link to go with it. Also got a colleciton of Pokemon, Digimon and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic plushes.
Food: No allergies that I know of, I'm a picky eater though so maybe best to pass on food, I prefer something that would last. But if you want to throw a small local thing in, feel free to do so.
NSFW Gift: No thanks, I'll probably be showing what I get to the family.
Additional info: I recently picked up a PSVR (Astrobot bundle) for Black Friday and upgraded my PC this year. So if you are getting a game, that could be things to take in mind. I also have a switch and would be open to some game suggestions for it. But only Smash has me interested this year, most of the games on it I've played on other platforms or the Wii U already.
If you can find something unique and quirky that would be great. To name a recent example, when getting a Mimikyu plush there was the regular option which I liked, but beside it was the Halloween Themed one and I picked that one up in a heartbeat. https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41L44theXJL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
I've been falling behind on Anime recently, I got to watch Mirai recently and thoroughly enjoyed that. Hosoda stuff is great and I never miss out on it.
I am always looking for new things to go to, I'm partial to a nostalgic throwback but I prefer something new that I haven't touched yet, which is probably how I got lost in Monster Hunter World this year despite not touching the franchise before.
Also if you want to throw a cheap silly gag gift that I can display on my work desk, that'll be fun as well.

As for my TT, I've ordered part of their gift today, there's a few things more to order, this week I'll wait for it to arrive, then I'll head into town, pick up something local for them, get a box and hopefully get it shipped out by the beginning of december.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017
I don't think my Santa will be able to tell who I am from my account, but I'll do one of these anyway. I've put some stuff on my Wishlist.

Shirt Size: 2XL
Favourite hobbies: Video games, going the cinema, military history, running.
Current owned consoles: PS4, XB1, Switch, 3DS, PS Vita.
Favourite game series: Pokemon, Uncharted, Mario, Zelda, Halo.
Favourite movies: Die Hard, Mistress America, The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, Spider-Man 2, Mary Poppins.
Food: I love sweets, nothing with nuts in it, no dark chocolate.
Additional info: I'd love some cool plushes. I'm currently not able to put up posters where I live, although I do enjoy them. I also collect blu ray steelbooks. Spider-Man is my favourite fictional character of all time, I'd like basically anything spider-man related.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to lie, I have sent very little through the mail. So buying items and packing them is a little intimidating, especially if it's suppose to look nice. I'll see what I can do, but I can't promise things won't just be buried under mounds of newspaper or similar material.

That's totally fine :D I've never made or gotten any effort in the wrapping

toneroni

Oct 25, 2017
Going to put my likes and interests here to help my SS! Open to whatever interesting stuff though :]

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

anotherVegan

Nov 15, 2017
Ah crap. It seems I missed the deadline. I've done this the past 4 years or so, but this will be the first time I missed the deadline...

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
And alreadyyyyyyyyyyy done. Purchased stuff online, will be arriving to them in 10 days or so. Will separately send a card.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Ooops, forgot to post this.

Shirt Size: L
Favorite Colors: Gray, Dark blues.
Favourite hobbies: Games (Most every genre), american football, computers, spending time with my dog.
Current owned consoles: All the modern consoles.
Favourite game series: Soulsbourne, Path of Exile.
Favourite movies: Love anything with Tim Curry in it, Clue is one of my favorite movies. Also Mel Brooks movies (Robin Hood Men in Tights, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein).
Food: Don't fancy too much gift eatery but I do drink wine.
Additional info: Other things I love: occasional Manga/Anime (favorite two are Berserk and One Piece, but I'm always trying to get into more). Favorite football team is the Green Bay Packers, I'm a hardcore fan and desperate for us to get back into the swing of things this season. Love comfy clothes.

Edit:

While all the above are great, I do love new things and I love gifts from people that are their recommendations/new things/etc and I'm never disappointed if I get something like that vs. something I explicitly ask for so please feel free to experiment if you want!

Last edited:

Bluesteel

Oct 25, 2017
For my SS:

Shirt Size: S
Things I like to do: Play basketball/sports, video games, making music, cooking
Games:
Current owned consoles: PS4, Switch, PC
Favorite Game Genres: RPG, FPS, (Action) Adventure
I just got a new PS4 recently and only have the Uncharted games (1-4), DQ11, God of War, and Horizon. Would loooove to play some new stuff! Switch wise, I've got BOTW, Doom, Bayonetta 1-2, Mario Odyssey, MK8, and some other downloadable game. Maybe some co-op or party games would be nice?
Food: Any cool types of loose leaf tea (generally a fan of green and oolongs but I'll drink basically anything)

This is all over the place, but if you got me any tea/food/snacks/cooking-related, anything game-related that's similar to what I've listed above, or even some music stuff, that'd be cool! Hopefully this is as wide open as I can be so that there's some flexibility for ya :0

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
General Info just in case my SS needs it.
Current occupation: I'm a student. I study Nutrition, Biology, Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Shirt Size: Men's S
What is your favorite color?
Orange, Teal, Turquoise. I've been trying to incorporate more brights into my wardrobe, as long as they are tasteful.
Favorite Sports Teams: Not a huge sports fan, but go Cal Bears if you want to get me sports gear.
Are you OK with digital goods?
Yes, but I would prefer to receive something physical. I totally understand though if you need to do something digital for whatever reason.
Are you OK receiving items from Amazon, eBay, or other online retailer? Yeah, don't worry about this, although again, same as above, I'd love a card or something from you personally.
Are you OK with NSFW goods? Um, sure, but I gotta admit that would be rather bold of you.
Favorite Hobbies: Reading, Hiking, Video Games, Martial Arts, Coding, Watching DBZ and DBFZ
Consoles I Currently Own: I own a Switch, PC and PS4. Gotta admit I hardly use the PS4 though, except for watching Blu Rays.
Favorite Gaming Series: I'm an Obsidian Fanboy. Zelda is pretty cool too.

Wishlist: I added one to my Elfster account if you need more concrete ideas, but I'm generally happy with more creative ones too. In terms of reading, I enjoy pretty much anything, but I'm more into non-fiction/literature than science fiction/fantasy nowadays. The latest books I've read is (Nonfiction: Judea Pearl's The Book of Why and Fiction: Murakai's The Colorless Tale of Tsukuru Tazaki). I also read a ton for my schooling but please be mindful that the level that I'm reading in those subjects are probably above the books on Amazon.

Other things... games are pretty good safety gift but I don't play as much as I would like lately so please don't break the bank getting gaming stuff because I would feel really bad about not playing. If you happen to live fairly far from me I'd love some local flavor, if you're able to get something. If not, no worries too.

I want to express that I'm actually pretty easy to please so as long as you make an effort I know I'll be happy. I do really like that personal touch so if possible please send me something that has a card or something in it, that always makes my Xmas. Thanks again!

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
Info for my Secret Santa

Hidden content

Last edited:

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at my Tiny Tim, I'll have to wait until I get home to Colorado before I begin shopping around to make a lovely package. If only I could actually send delicious beer through the mail!

euricaeris

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the gifts are going out early this year! Apologies for opening it so early, I'd assumed it was part of my own Xmas shopping, haha. Thanks Santa! I blanked out your name from the gift note in case you'd prefer it not to be out here.

PSKRRfd.jpg

I was looking to buy this soon so good job with the sleuthing :) Looking forward to getting stuck in!

My own Santa-shopping is going well, should hopefully get that in the post in the next few days :)

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Extra info about meeee

General Info
Current occupation: pastry chef
Shirt Size: XS-S
Favorite Hobbies: baking, cooking, gaming, watching anime, drinking coffee, buying plants.
Consoles I Currently Own: PS4
Favorite Anime/Manga Series: Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Toradora, Soul Eater, most classic animes. 2many2list.
Favorite Video Game Genres: Horror, JRPG, ARPG, MMO
Favorite Gaming Series/Franchises: Kirby, Animal Crossing, Fallout, Final Fantasy, Nier, Resident Evil, Horror games
Miscellaneous: I am obsessive about pastry and food science. I adore plants and weeb shit. I drink a lot of coffee. I love horror everything (anime, games, books like junji ito). I also love personable stuff so handmade goodies are okay too :)

painey

Oct 27, 2017
Some information about me:

Hidden content

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Got my gifts ordered. I hope my TT likes them.

And to my SS, I'll love anything you get me. Trust me, I'm not picky :)

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
SweetNicole too late now, but can we possibly get this thread stickied for awhile next year? This has always been a fun part of the community and judging by how many people missed it, having it more visible would probably help a lot.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
Hello to my SS! I'm sorry, I'm a Huge Idiot and totally screwed up my signup and then worked overtime the past couple days so I'm only just now getting around to being able to fix it.
I just got your email so I figured I'd hurry up and get this post out, ahaha

Please see the information below, as requested.
Hidden content

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I got something so far but I'm still thinking of other components to gather. I'm aiming to ship everything some time after I get back in town next week if not the week after next. I'm definitely not aiming to ship anything out by New Year's Eve like I did last year. I quickly learned that lines were long and busy.

A quick note to my SS: I will NOT open any packages until Christmas Day since I like retaining the magic of opening gifts the next day (not at midnight) as I did as a child. It's been my tradition since signing up for this.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Okay my turn

What is your favorite color? Black
What size shirt do you wear? Large
What gaming consoles do you have? PS4, Switch, 3DS, Vita,

Do you have any hobbies or collect things? Video Games, Simpsons Stuff, Bluray Movies
Favorite TV shows/movies: Currently watching Travelers, Big Bang, Modern Family. Huge Stargate Fan, enjoy adjacent shows(Firefly, Farscape, Dark Matter, Continuum, etc).
Are you OK with digital goods? I'd prefer Physical
Are you OK with NSFW goods? No.

Extra Info: Region specific treats would be nice too.

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Got my TTs stuff yesterday. Now to wrap and ship (the real hard part with the hectic nature of the season).

Last edited:

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Apologies to my SS, thought I'd post something by the weekend, but I got lazy.

Anyhoo, I just copy and past the old form:

General Info:
Favorite Hobbies: Movies, Art, Food, Games, Comics
Sports Team: NYXL... I guess they count?
Consoles I Currently Own: PC
Favorite Video Game Genres: FPSRPG hybrids, shooters
Favorite Gaming Series: Deus Ex, Half-Life (RIP), System Shock, LucasArts point-and-clicks
Dietary Restrictions: None
Extra Info:
Definitely interested in any regional foods. Tastes tilt more towards savory than sweet. Any crafty stuff you do, I'd welcome it.

Don't usually ask for books since I'm swimming in them, but if you know if there's a nice collection of the Sprawl trilogy, that'd be cool. Actually, anything cyberpunk would be cool.

And as with every year, if you're from Canada, send me some bags of Miss Vickie's Sweet Chili and Sour Cream.