• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
c355a7e0392ff6878ed4623d365eb171x.jpg

2018-Kia-Stinger-1.jpg

Kia_Stinger_Experience_Desktop_Style_InteriorZoom_Fullbleed.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Performance seems pretty good too.

DpVWrf7.jpg

Starting MSRP ~ $31,000.

Car And Driver gave them 4/5
Cars.usnews.com gave 9.2/10
Edmunds gave 4.4/5
Top Gear 6/10.

Invicta Fide

Oct 28, 2017
If I wasn't trying to run my current car into the ground, I'd probably go for one of these. I know a few people in my town who have them and love them! I just plan on keeping my Optima for as long as possible.

Oct 25, 2017
its sister car, genesis g70 is nice too. basically the same car but lighter because not a 5-door.

Shame all the kia dealers are shit. I'm not gonna pay over msrp for a kia. Don't pretend the stinger is a focus RS or civic type R...

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Saw one driving around maybe and thought it looked pretty nice, actually. Kia and Hyundai have come a long, long way.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
The only Stinger worth getting would be the GT, which is typically $40K+ sitting on the lot. That's a fair bit of change for a Kia. Not hating - it's a fine looking vehicle and they have as solid warranty. But a lot of cars are purchased on brand status - either as a luxury brand or an "AMERICAN CAR" or "German," or reliable or performance or whatever. You buy this, and as silly as it is, you'll always have people seeing it as nothing more than a "Kia."

If that doesn't bother you, though - then yeah, cool car. Would be easy to have a blast in (though I think it should offer a manual).

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only Stinger worth getting would be the GT, which is typically $40K+ sitting on the lot. That's a fair bit of change for a Kia. Not hating - it's a fine looking vehicle and they have as solid warranty. But a lot of cars are purchased on brand status - either as a luxury brand or an "AMERICAN CAR" or "German," or reliable or performance or whatever. You buy this, and as silly as it is, you'll always have people seeing it as nothing more than a "Kia."

Right, I'm thinking not a ton of them will sell and the resale on them will be complete shit. Not rare enough to increase value but just a wtf is even a sports sedan Kia. Once my VW is paid off in a couple years I plan on grabbing one if the resale is terrible as I expect.

With just the 2.0 turbo it makes zero sense to buy it, as there are a ton of more established options for far less money. If they priced the twin turbo 6 at 30k with a super base trim, they'd have a winner.

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
6/10 from top gear, yeah I'm gonna pass on this one till the next sale

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I can't get over their godawful logo/badge. It looks bargain basement. They really need a redesign to something classy.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
couldn't be a more obvious marketing thread if it tried.

op didn't even talk about the car, just posted some pictures of it and reviews. UHHHH ok brah.

KIA stinger? more like KIA STINKER

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
The MPG is comparable to other luxury cars in the same class.

This is from the website

C7QArjE.png

$52 grand on a Kia is insane to me. I'd be willing to bet even well-optioned out, those still come in under MSRP in the high 40s instead. I can't imagine they could sell at MSRP+.

Also, I've literally never owned a vehicle that comes close to those MPGs - so that didn't strike me at all.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
lol full disclosure: my dad owned a Kia in the 90's. It was addled with problems. Biggest one being the engine turning off while driving in the middle of the road because of carburetor problem that no one could fix. Fun times. But currently I drive Honda and have a Tesla Model 3 reserved.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
That looks gross as hell. It looks like a GTA knockoff of what an early 2000s Mazda knockoff of an A7 would look like.

Oct 26, 2017
6/10 from top gear, yeah I'm gonna pass on this one till the next sale
https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/clarkson/clarkson-review-2018-kia-stinger-gt-s/

Clarkson liked it.
The economy is a bit better than you might expect, the equipment levels are higher than you'd imagine, and it's hard really to find fault. Maybe the interior is a bit grey and maybe the exterior isn't quite as handsome as all the other Kias. I especially didn't like the fake bonnet vents. Or how hard it was to see out of the back window.

But that really is about it. Everything else was either delightful or wonderful or better than I was expecting. If you were in the market for a BMW M3, or a fast Audi or a Mercedes-AMG, it's certain you'd be better off with the Kia. But of course you wouldn't dream of doing such a thing. A Kia? What the hell would the neighbours think?

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Kia

needs

to change

that badge

before anyone will actually want to drive one of their cars

jesus fucking christ

its not that hard

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Kia, a long with Hyundai, have really stepped up the affordable economical car game in the last decade.

I'll probably buy an i30 in the next couple years.