• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

6'7, 270lbs. 45" vertical.

He is Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley and Lebron James combined into one player. He can probably take peak Lavar Ball in one on one, making him better than Michael Jordan.

Teams without Zion that are pretty good:
Kansas,
UK,
Virginia

Team without Zion:
UNC

Zanos.jpg

Last edited:

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Aww damn you I was gonna do it.

Ah well, your username is literally DukeBBall so I can't be too mad.

Go Pack. We don't stand a chance in the conference race but I think we can have a decent season and finally get Coach Keatts his first tourney win. Excited to see what Bryce and Daniels can do in Pack uniforms.

OP
OP
DukeBlueBall

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Aww damn you I was gonna do it.

Ah well, your username is literally DukeBBall so I can't be too mad.

Go Pack. We don't stand a chance in the conference race but I think we can have a decent season and finally get Coach Keatts his first tourney win. Excited to see what Bryce and Daniels can do in Pack uniforms.

Here's to no NC State Shit this season.

Last edited:

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
predictions: Zion disappoints, relatively speaking (at least against decent defenses where he can't just bullyball). Cats win tonight.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao.
Zion ain't gonna learn shit this 1 year at Duke. Grown ass man amongst boys. Just let him develop in the NBA already.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is it bad I don't even care about this game? I'd take a loss to UK for a win over UNC and Wake in football (Duke isn't beating clemson)

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Damn you're that villain who used to be a hero that I as a new generation of heroes must defeat and save.
Its more that college BBall games in November mean shit, even against marque teams. I still remember JJ dropping 40 on Texas who was number 2 that year in the 05/06 season. Ended up meaning nothing when LSU put Duke out in the sweet 16.

I've seen this movie too many times recently. team starts off great, everyone's hyped. Then around Christmas break, they have a game where they under perform and the weaknesses get exposed (lately, no defense). Then they drop some ACC games in January to Miami or BC, then when March rolls around, all the other teams are playing their best where Duke is struggling with transition defense and jacking ill advised 3s. gone after the second weekend.

Maybe that won't happen this year, but I won't be surprised if it does.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in central Kentucky and don't care at all about this game. I wish, and I mean wish that Ky and Duke could meet when it matters again.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really don't understand all the predictions from the supposed experts. Most of them didn't have Duke but their recruiting class might've been the best in CB history. Them and Kentucky were nutty:

#1, #2, #5, #15, #33
#9, #12, #13, #22, #37

Barrett has a uniqueness and creativity we haven't seen in awhile. He's going to be the better pro of the two but both he and Zion are damn special.

My Oregon Ducks got #3 with a crazy class and just missed on RJ.
#4, #20, #46, #56, #74

Oregon has the best low-post unit in the country in Bol Bol/Wooten/Okoro. If Richard, Pritchard and King and get rolling on the outside, look out.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those two being special is an understatement RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson both look to be generational talents.

RJ elicited a similar feeling to Ben Simmons. Watching him, it's a different game and feel, there's a creativity there that hasn't been seen since... honestly Maravich? He does some weird stuff and it works. I was with it the whole way too being an Oregon guy. I like how RJ is handling the Zion hype too. He's outscoring and maybe outplaying him in most regards but the headlines are all Zion. He's calm about it.

Zion is scary if he keeps his motor/physical skill set. He's emotionally dependent though and while you cannot deny his talent (that block/bounce pass made me stand up), he did this in HS and tailed off. Playing with RJ is a boon though and I think they'll win a title this year. Question is whether his gifts slide to the pros and I think he's so damn gifted he just can't fail. If his motor grows in the NBA, watch the fuck out. Like, watch the fuck out.

rainz

Nov 1, 2017
This made me like Zion a whole lot more as well if ya havent seen it. Seems like a nice dude with his head on right.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
UK has a lot to improve upon. Hard to judge how bad we actually are at this point since Duke might just be that damn good.

As a UK fan my guess is that if we met at end of year Duke would still win by 15.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Zion cam and rj are way too good a core

They're the best players in the coming draft and all have good pro careers ahead

I hope zion trims up a bit in the nba , body type is somehow a demon baby of shaq , barkely and huge karl malone
He is incredibly explosive

Duke should be able to run the table on everyone
the talent disparity is insane ,they're the 18 warriros of the nba

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Forgot just how bad Cal is at actual tactical coaching compared to your coach Ks, let alone to your Beileins or Jay Wrights. Duke's guys are stepping into in-rhythm 3s within 2 minutes, opening up the driving lanes, whereas Cal is still talking about players "settling for jump shots" and there's barely an offensive system. Reasonable chance Cal does the same thing to Herro's confidence he did to Wiltjer's.

Pretty over Cal tbh. I appreciate that he pulled Kentucky out of the Gillispie tailspin; I appreciate that there are now 50 Cats in the NBA to watch. But he 100% blew the undefeated season with his awful rotations, and now he's getting out-recruited in addition to the out-coached part. (And the out-coached part gets worse every year as the cutting edge moves farther and farther away from "put individual talent out there.")

This has to be the worst aging post of the day...

early returns on my post are not positive!

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
I 100% agree Steve Winwood. The stagnant offense is incredibly hard to watch most (if not all) of the year. It only works with phenomenal talent like Rose, Wall or Bledsoe.

As for defense, the laziness and incohesiveness of our ability to switch looks even worse right now than it normally does at the beginning of the year.

OP
OP
DukeBlueBall

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
UK didn't play their best lineup at all yesterday. As good as Reid Travis is offensively I think he is net neutral. Tyler Here isn't there yet defensively. I would start Quickley, Hagans, KJ, EJ, PJ.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not to hate, but he's not the best player on his team.

He also can't shoot.

And if he doesn't lose weight his knees are gonna be mashed potatoes in a short few years.

He'd be the second heaviest player in the league if he played today. His body can't sustain that weight playing long term, so better to shed the pounds sooner than later.

OP
OP
DukeBlueBall

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

He also can't shoot.

And if he doesn't lose weight his knees are gonna be mashed potatoes in a short few years.

He'd be the second heaviest player in the league if he played today. His body can't sustain that weight playing long term, so better to shed the pounds sooner than later.

He was 285 when he got on campus but now he is around 270.

He needs to land on two feet more.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
predictions: Zion disappoints, relatively speaking (at least against decent defenses where he can't just bullyball). Cats win tonight.

Haha!

No, that would be Barrett. And why does that even matter?

He also can't shoot.

Did you see the box score last night? 11/13, drained all his outside shots. Whatever you say.

Oh, I see. You're just using the talking points from 'Undisputed' today. Even then they still said he was going to be a perennial NBA All Star and an athlete like we have never seen before. And then they also admitted that they were wrong about him being a bad shooter and that was the other dimension that would make him a beast in the NBA.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Lebron didn't have a midrange for a long time in the NBA either. Zion just needs to get his weight under 250 or his body will fail him before he's 30

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Lebron didn't have a midrange for a long time in the NBA either. Zion just needs to get his weight under 250 or his body will fail him before he's 30
That's not true tho. It took him a long time to become an above average/good shooter, but Bron always had a shot. If anything what really changed was shit shot selection, not his shot making per se.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not into basketball much anymore but man this kid is hyped. I hope he lives up to the expectations.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Marquette is ranked for the first time in 5 years. Feels good man. Not that rankings really mean anything yet though...

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Michigan's defense looks *really* good this game. The intensity, the switches, the help: all so crisp. #3 Kenpom defense last year and graduated the two worst guys by far, have the chance to be pretty special.

Been 106 games since Nova lost by double digits.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
The hew AP Top 25 is out. Michigan jumps to #9.

1. Duke (53)

2. Kansas (7)

3. Gonzaga

4. Virginia (2)

5. Tennessee (1)

6. Nevada

7. North Carolina

8. Auburn

9. Michigan

10. Kentucky

11. Michigan State

12. Kansas State