• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The hew AP Top 25 is out. Michigan jumps to #9.

1. Duke (53)

2. Kansas (7)

3. Gonzaga

4. Virginia (2)

5. Tennessee (1)

6. Nevada

7. North Carolina

8. Auburn

9. Michigan

10. Kentucky

11. Michigan State

12. Kansas State

13. Virginia Tech

14. Florida State

15. Mississippi State

16. Clemson

17. UCLA

18. TCU

19. LSU

20. Iowa

21. Oregon

22. Buffalo

23. Ohio State

24. Purdue

25. Wisconsin
Iowa 4-0 and ranked. I can't believe it.

Let me bask in this before we're exposed and fall apart.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Really don't understand all the predictions from the supposed experts. Most of them didn't have Duke but their recruiting class might've been the best in CB history. Them and Kentucky were nutty:

#1, #2, #5, #15, #33
#9, #12, #13, #22, #37

Barrett has a uniqueness and creativity we haven't seen in awhile. He's going to be the better pro of the two but both he and Zion are damn special.

My Oregon Ducks got #3 with a crazy class and just missed on RJ.
#4, #20, #46, #56, #74

Oregon has the best low-post unit in the country in Bol Bol/Wooten/Okoro. If Richard, Pritchard and King and get rolling on the outside, look out.

I saw Bol Bol in person a few weeks ago at the Oregon v Washington (football) game. Dude is TALL AF. Pictures and videos don't do him justice. The Ducks should be real contenders once King is back in.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw Bol Bol in person a few weeks ago at the Oregon v Washington (football) game. Dude is TALL AF. Pictures and videos don't do him justice. The Ducks should be real contenders once King is back in.

I saw him in PDX a few months ago. Insanely tall, though I used to work across from Mamadou's agent so I got to know him a bit. Being acquaintances with a 7'6'' dude was very interesting.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People who thought that Duke was going to go undefeated based on the UK game are stupid idiots. I expected this in Late December or January, but better to happen against a good ranked team vs BC or Pitt. RJ Barrett might want to learn to pass the fucking ball.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised Gonzaga was able to pull out the win without arguably our best player.

OP
OP
DukeBlueBall

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
People who thought that Duke was going to go undefeated based on the UK game are stupid idiots. I expected this in Late December or January, but better to happen against a good ranked team vs BC or Pitt. RJ Barrett might want to learn to pass the fucking ball.

RJ Barret following that Tatum development path. Hope we stay healthy all year as a team.

OP
OP
DukeBlueBall

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
xcbcrok5s4021.jpg

It's called anime and it's an art form.

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Iowa 6-0! That was a tense game.

After the disaster that was last year I'm still kind of in disbelief that we're playing well and are ranked

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Big Ten might get 10 teams into the tournament based off the early get-go.

Michigan
Michigan State
Iowa
Ohio State
Purdue
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Maryland
Minnesota
Indiana

All received votes in the latest Coaches and AP polls.

Gonna be a crazy year. Penn St. just beat ranked Virginia Tech.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watching this Badgers vs. Hawkeyes game now. I do need to pay attention to Wisconsin more this year.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
This UK game, holy shit! Cats just hit a half courter to tie at the end of 2nd half.

OT here we come!

sven

Oct 31, 2017
UK certainly played the smarter game. They moved the ball well and took good shots while UNC was all one on one.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
UCLA should hire Brad Underwood. Would be an incredible move!

For Illini fans.

Yeah normally I'm not in favor of axing a coach after two seasons but Underwood has been a total disaster from the very beginning. First he hired two well known bagmen in Chin Coleman and Orlando Antigua to "play the Chicago game". Then he lost the best piece of your incoming class in Tilmon. Then he publicly embarassed THT to appease Ayo's family and the Irvin brothers. All the while kids are turning down your bags cash left and right to play elsewhere. Nobody wants to play for a neanderthal looking asshole with no personality who screams in your face and is constantly mocking you to the fans at games. Oh and his defensive scheme is never going to work against Big Ten opponents without elite perimeter defenders and an elite rim protector.

Outdoor Miner

Oct 26, 2017
Broward County FL, USA
Yeah normally I'm not in favor of axing a coach after two seasons but Underwood has been a total disaster from the very beginning. First he hired two well known bagmen in Chin Coleman and Orlando Antigua to "play the Chicago game". Then he lost the best piece of your incoming class in Tilmon. Then he publicly embarassed THT to appease Ayo's family and the Irvin brothers. All the while kids are turning down your bags cash left and right to play elsewhere. Nobody wants to play for a neanderthal looking asshole with no personality who screams in your face and is constantly mocking you to the fans at games. Oh and his defensive scheme is never going to work against Big Ten opponents without elite perimeter defenders and an elite rim protector.

They aren't going to get rid of BU with such a large buyout so it's going to get a lot worse. We have 1 recruit signed for 2019 and I'll be shocked if half our roster including Ayo doesn't transfer this year.

The Illinois job was once desirable, but I don't believe anyone of note would seriously consider the job anymore. The fanbase is delusional about our place in college hoops. Dee and Deron was nearly 15 years ago. We are Penn State but we think we're notch below Indiana.

For the first time today I felt that we would have been better off keeping Bruce Weber. Weber-ball was awful but I don't think we'd ever reach the lows of the last 3 years. Yuck.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Eh, I don't have too much of a problem with keeping your starters in when your opponent puts their walk-ons in during a blowout. Give your starters a chance to figure some stuff out in a lower-pressure environment. Yes, that includes continuing to press.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For all the hype this freshmen class has, I'm not sure Cam Reddish is any good, or at least 1st round good. 20 years ago, hes a 3 year player at best.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Eh, I don't have too much of a problem with keeping your starters in when your opponent puts their walk-ons in during a blowout. Give your starters a chance to figure some stuff out in a lower-pressure environment. Yes, that includes continuing to press.
I don't watch much college basketball, but is that a common thing? Being down that much and choosing to bulldoze walk-ons?

It seemed like they were doing it more to avoid a blowout loss, and to make it look like the game was closer than it was.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I don't watch much college basketball, but is that a common thing? Being down that much and choosing to bulldoze walk-ons?

It seemed like they were doing it more to avoid a blowout loss, and to make it look like the game was closer than it was.

TBH, I didn't watch the game live. I heard about the controversy and was basically told, FSU left their starters in and continued to press. Apparently it was actually their bench guys? And before the walk-ons came in, they hadn't been pressing as much.

After reading more about what happened, I'm more inclined to believe the avoiding the blowout loss thing, though I really don't want to knock a team for playing all 40 minutes.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
We (NC State) had a great effort after that horrible start, Just played real dumb through much of the second half.