• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
I think it's the curse of Iowa State to win a huge game in dominating fashion (Kansas) then lose the next game on the road to a team we should beat after becoming ranked.

It's super frustrating because there have been multiple years now (Niang/Morris years, etc.) that we could have knocked KU off the Big 12 title but the rest of the Big 12 cannibalizes itself so much that Kansas just ends up winning anyways. We have a shot again this season, but can't really lose any more Big 12 games. Texas Tech also has a good shot.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I thought Ted Valentine wasn't reffing games anymore after the whole UNC thing. Why isn't this true? Dude is the biggest piece of shit ref on the court. Looked sad that the ball didn't touch White at all and the call was reversed. Bad day for crooked Swoff.

OP
OP
DukeBlueBall

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
All Ball.
attachment.php

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone. 'Cuse won. Duke lost. Zion never got touched and should've never gotten the opportunity to tie it up in regulation, so it's like 'Cuse beat Duke twice.

Who else had fun tonight?

ahoyle

Feb 16, 2018
Not a Duke fan, and didnt see the game, but I cant figure out what K is doing with this team. RJ with 17 threes attempted? Wtf? Is that a Duke record? Did JJ ever jack 17 in a game?

OP
OP
DukeBlueBall

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Had Tre Jones not leave with an injury 5 min in the game would have been a blowout. We're also missing Cam who is out with a flu.

Tre is out at least weeks.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Duke's season is done without a PG. I guess RJ will be the primary ball handler so maybe he won't jack so many shots. They had no gameplan once Jones went down other than chuck threes.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Jesus Christ Virginia.

Everyone pay attention to that game. Pay no attention to what's happening in Winston Salem.

:(

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
NC State is garbage without Markell Johnson.

There are things we could be doing to alleviate no Kell. Dunno why Walker is playing so much, and Bryce at the point makes sense.

But yes, we are straight trash without him.

Edit- so Brax is gonna shoot us back into this huh. That's what we're doing?

Last edited:

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
WVU is such a shit show this year. Upper class an regressed, youngsters struggling and Huggins yanking them at their first mistake rather than letting them learn.

He fixed it after we had 13-19 and 17-16 seasons back in 2012-14ish and led to us making the Sweet 16 three of the last 4 seasons. So he can probably right the ship again by running some people off and bringing in some transfers and recruits. If he has the desire anyway. His health seems so poor anymore it's hard to say if he's up for this rebuilding again.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Wow, definitey didn't expect WVU to beat Kansas after losing by 31 at TCU on Tuesday and being 0-5 in the Big 12!

We pretty much have their number when they come to our place those as that's 5 wins in the last six years over them at home-should be 6 straight as we blew a big lead last year (blew leads all three times we played them actually).

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Is this finally the year that the Kansas reign of terror over the B12 ends...?

72krwq876gb21.jpg

Circle of Suck, and it's only January!

Last edited:

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Braved the storm to go up to the dome for that SU game against Pitt today. Other than the racist guy next to us talking shit about Pitt the entire game I had a blast.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Agreed. I think both are probably the best teams in the country.
There is no worry about UVA in the regular season and I'll be interested to see how they will respond in the NCAA tourney (I mean, they HAVE to be fired up to answer for last season) I was more concerned on how Duke would respond after losing to Syracuse and Tre Jones for a few games. Its still a young team where even the veteran players are finding themselves in spots of leadership they didnt have in seasons before. The loss to Syracuse and your team's destruction of VT made tonights game a scary prospect.

OP
OP
DukeBlueBall

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
There is no worry about UVA in the regular season and I'll be interested to see how they will respond in the NCAA tourney (I mean, they HAVE to be fired up to answer for last season) I was more concerned on how Duke would respond after losing to Syracuse and Tre Jones for a few games. Its still a young team where even the veteran players are finding themselves in spots of leadership they didnt have in seasons before. The loss to Syracuse and your team's destruction of VT made tonights game a scary prospect.

To be honest I wasn't worried about UVA as I thought a lineup without Tre Jones was a better match against them. Tre is good for causing turnovers and set offences, neither which would have worked against UVA. Switching man 2 man with 5 players over 6'7 and iso with RJ n Zion was our best shot. They had no answer athletically for RJ and Zion.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I wasn't worried about UVA as I thought a lineup without Tre Jones was a better match against them. Tre is good for causing turnovers and set offences, neither which would have worked against UVA. Switching man 2 man with 5 players over 6'7 and iso with RJ n Zion was our best shot. They had no answer athletically for RJ and Zion.

Yeah, as a UVA fan, I was hoping Tre would have been in that game.

To be honest, I wished Bennett had used Jay Huff more. I think we needed a bit more of a scoring boost and while Huff is not quite there on defense yet - though he is rapidly getting there - he's amazing on offense. He's also a 7 footer that is very comfortable at the 3 range.

Last edited:

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That Marquette/Providence game was actually the first ever college game I went to in my 35 year history of life. That was a fun and energetic experience and glad Marquette for their heads out of their asses in the end.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Carolina taking it to VT and MSU taking it to Maryland.

Hopefully KU/ISU is good because these early games have been a bust.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
And of course WVU goes back to sucking after knocking off Kansas. As bad as Baylor made us look at home, we're going to get stomped at Tennessee big time this weekend.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Glad OSU finally ended the losing streak. I knew they were overrated after non-conference play, but losing 5 straight was pretty ridiculous.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Big win for the Cats tonight. I'm liking the way this team is gel'n. Gonna try to go to a home game next month in the hopes that they will do big things in March.