• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
If Kansas loses tonight the B12 title streak is over.

Given that it's on the road I can see it happening.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

0TTb8tQ.png

Last edited:

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Man. Duke has had horrible luck with UNC games this season.

But Virginia clinched the #1 seed in the ACC tourney. I just hope they for once rest during it. They don't need to win it.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well Duke has only lost 1 game at full strength all year but that feels like an eternity ago. College basketball sucks.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Y'all are getting a 2 seed. Feels destined at this point.
What difference does it make? We'll highlight Zion and RJ for the draft, lose in maybe the second round to some team that was barely scraping by in december. Everyone leaves for the pros except the scrubs who can't play, because Duke can't recruit or develop talent worth a shit unless they are a can't miss prospect. K hasn't actually had to coach Duke since 2010, so its definitely time for him to step down and maybe they can find a younger hungry coach who still gives a shit. I mean he's just the grandpa version of Calipari at this point.
Maybe Kyrie can do us a solid with all his whining and pouting, give Ainge an ultimatum to fire Brad Stevens, hope Ainge is dumb enough and then Duke can hire him. And K can finally go off to Shady Pines.
I fully expect him to retire by the time the 1 and done rule goes away in 2021. that would mean he'd have to try again an he ain't about that life.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

I subscribe to the ACCT being the one that matters but the Duke fans consulting the goddamned bylaws is hysterical.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I subscribe to the ACCT being the one that matters but the Duke fans consulting the goddamned bylaws is hysterical.

Its a narrative Dean Smith adopted in the 80s when UNC stopped winning the ACCT on a regular basis and UNC fans of course adopted it and Swofford pushed to have it recognized because he is an alum and in UNC' s pocket. First place in the ACC regular season gets you a number 1 seed in the tourney, thats it.
Duke hasn't won a regular season since 2010, and has only won the ACCT twice during that time. You need experience and continuity to do that and thats hard to do when everyone leaves after 1 year.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Its a narrative Dean Smith adopted in the 80s when UNC stopped winning the ACCT on a regular basis and UNC fans of course adopted it and Swofford pushed to have it recognized because he is an alum and in UNC' s pocket. First place in the ACC regular season gets you a number 1 seed in the tourney, thats it.
Duke hasn't won a regular season since 2010, and has only won the ACCT twice during that time. You need experience and continuity to do that and thats hard to do when everyone leaves after 1 year.

ACC regular season title objectively means nothing when the schedule is unbalanced.

I've never understood UNC fans of all people downplaying the tourney, Dean Smith aside. Have they been anywhere in the state of North Carolina during tourney week?

Again, I'd take the tourney championship in a heartbeat. ACCT is where legends are made.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio State has just gotten within 2 with about a minute left after being down by 23 in the 2nd half

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Rutgers defeats Nebraska
Illinois defeats Northwestern

Indiana defeats Ohio State
Maryland defeats Rutgers
Minnesota defeats Penn St.
Illinois defeats Iowa

Indiana defeats Michigan State (for the 3rd time and secures a NCAA bid)
Maryland defeats Wisconsin
Minnesota defeats Purdue
Michigan defeats Illinois

Maryland defeats Indiana
Michigan defeats Minnesota

Michigan defeats Maryland

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never understood UNC fans of all people downplaying the tourney, Dean Smith aside. Have they been anywhere in the state of North Carolina during tourney week?

Again, I'd take the tourney championship in a heartbeat. ACCT is where legends are made.

the tourney is nowhere near as big as it was in the 80s and 90s. The expansion to 12 killed it.

Without expansion, you'd probably see UNC, Duke, GT, and UVA in the B10, NCSU and VT in the SEC, Clemson and FSU in the B12, and the other schools in the American or C-USA. (ND would be in the Big East)

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I was happy to see WVU get a win in the Big 12 tourney last night. Lucky at the end with OU player clearly having a toe on the line on a three point attempt that would have sent it to OT.

Been a painful year, but the team has played better and at least been more fun to watch after a couple upper class starters that were cancers got dismissed and the freshman started getting more playing time and a longer leash to learn. No way we win the Big 12 tourney, probably go out tonight.

Apparently they plan to play in the CBI after this (unless they somehow win the Big 12 tourney). I'd normally scoff at it, but with how the young players are starting to jell over the past 5-6 games getting some more practices and games is probably wise for next year--even against crappy competition. This summer is also the once every four years they can do an international trip and play some exhibitions and they have a trip to Spain lined up so that should help as well.

The future is much brighter with these guys, and our first ever McDonald's All-American recruit Oscar Tshiebwe coming in. The big question mark is whether Sagaba Konate comes back after not playing since December and lots of speculation about whether he was truly injured and unable to play (it's been a weird situation with Huggins telling reporters to "talk to his brother" about it when asked about him). He's apparently a game-time decision tonight though (hasn't played since Dec 8th). In any case, the front court should be great next year with Tshiebwe and Culver, and even better if Konate is back, healthy and motivated.

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone
these refs have called some terrible fouls and missed many more. offensive foul to cut 2 pts from Louisville against a NC team that is playing very well

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Mountaineers here to steal all your bids.

Indeed! Really didn't think we could win again today in a back to back against a team we lost to by 31 the last time we played (should have beat them the first game though). Mathews went off for 28, blowing away his previous high of 13. Future is bright with all these freshman coming on strong the past month.

Konate I mentioned above didn't end up playing, but did have no knee brace on for the first time and was super into the game and jumping around with the youngsters on the bench which was great to see given how odd his situation on the team has been this year. Maybe he can play a little the next game. Also seems to bode well for him being back next year vs seeming like he was disgruntled and likely to go play in the G league or overseas next year.

Anyway, have to think our luck runs out tomorrow. We don't have the depth to keep winning back to back games.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Man if Lunardi's south region is anything like the real one it's going to be insane:

Kentucky
Duke
Kansas
Iowa State
Michigan

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Duke looks like shit vs Syracuse. Don't be surprised if they get bounced by some mid major in the first weekend. this team has been exposed. I'm ready to get to the done part of the one and done era.

not me, I've seen enough fraud Duke teams since 2010 to know how this story is going to end. Too bad they can't do the tourney in early December.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Bad game by Louisville but I think Heel fans can agree with me that talking about Zion's shoes more than two above average teams in a close game is disrespectful as fuck.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Minnesota will be dancing
Nothing against Minnesota, but I would have liked to see Penn State keep going. They've had such a great turn around this year at the end. Yeah clinching the big ten tourney is the only way they make the dance, but part of me was low key hoping for a Penn State Nebraska final, at least if Purdue doesn't get there.

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
VCU goes down to Rhode Island. A10 was previously a 1 bid league. Someone's bubble just got popped.

With only 5 wins amongst Quads 1 and 2 and 2 losses in Quad 3 VCU has a weak resume. 20 of their 25 wins came against 3 and 4. These guys should be playing in the play-in game at best.

OP
OP
DukeBlueBall

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Duke looks like shit vs Syracuse. Don't be surprised if they get bounced by some mid major in the first weekend. this team has been exposed. I'm ready to get to the done part of the one and done era.

not me, I've seen enough fraud Duke teams since 2010 to know how this story is going to end. Too bad they can't do the tourney in early December.

If we win tonight we're going to the FF. Team lost 1 game at full strength this year.