• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
DukeBlueBall

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I felt the same way about the 2017 team after they rallied to win 4 games in a row and the ACC tourney. Then ....
....that happened

That's the thing. Team went into the ACC tournament having scaled a high mountain and feeling full of themselves. We need to lose tonight in order for us to be hungry and angry. See 2015.

2010 was all upperclassmen so they're self-motivated and hungry night-in and night-out.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Goddamn Seminoles about to make another championship game. Leonard Hamilton is a god.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Xavier just got fucking ribbed.
What should have been a blocking foul and free throws to win the game was called an offensive foul and fouled out Xavier's best defensive player.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Friendly reminder that everyone's favorite G O O D B O Y E S get another shot at the Big Dance, tomorrow 11 am.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man RJ and Cam are pretty bad. I know Barrett is going regardless but Cam and tre should really think about one more year. If they're cool with playing in China in 3 years I guess keep doing what you're doing.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Phew this hot take. This the only game you watched all season?
Cam has been terrible most of the season, his shooting percentage bears that out. for someone who is supposed to be a good 3 pt shooter, hes not very good right now. Those turnovers are brutal. Some days he costs the team more points in tos than scores. tre is good defensively, but not very good offensively. Hes no where near ready for the league. His brother was a far more complete player and was a marginal 1st round pick. RJs problems with hero ball are well documented. He almost shot Duke out of the 2nd half of this game as he did against gonzaga.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
I just watched the last four minutes of Seton Hall. Was it really that chippy or were refs just terrible?

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Active shooter at UM while they playing in a semifinal game. Crazy

edit: Guess it was a hoax

Last edited:

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think the win last night could really drain Duke of any energy, but a game against UVA is tiring no matter the circumstances. Can Duke limit turnovers? Can anyone on the team have an average shooting night from beyond the arc? FSU is playing pretty well so wouldn't be surprised to see if they take this one. At least all the UNC fans went home.

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone
commentators brought up a point of this being Dukes third straight day of games so would that affect them tonight and well... it's 36-36 at halftime. FSU is continuing to be solid and able to counter Duke runs

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Zion and tre played all 40 minutes, RJ at 39. Starting 5 was very solid but bench did very little. On one hand, each weekend is essentially a two game mini tournament with a day break in the middle. On the other, historically on Duke's upper class teams were able to go through that grind. I expect Duke will get a number 1 seed with everyone else losing, but it only takes one cold night from beyond the arc.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A moment of silence for the last Raycom broadcast.

End of en era.
Man I remember when it was still Jefferson Pilot Sports, and this weekend ruled everything. Nobody did any work at school, teachers would just roll in the TVs and turn on the games. And if your team won the championship, it was a great season and you talked shit to all of your friends who liked rival teams (usually just UNC fans). The NCAAs were such a crapshoot that you couldn't pin all of your hopes on that. I really miss those days

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Did you even watch the fucking game? Or any of our games? We BLOW out good teams while shooting under 25%.
Yes I saw the fucking game, and seen several this year, including the ones where they could make a damn shot against UNC the last 5 minutes of the game despite locking them down defensively, or almost losing to Wake forest. Are they a good team? And shooting 50% against VT and still losing the game. And they were without two of their starters as well. Last I checked they were ranked. SO yes, if Duke has a bad shooting night especially against a team like Washington or Michigan that likes to zone, that could be it. This was a good performance by the team this weekend. I'd argue that the 2017 ACC tourney one was even better, and we saw how that shit turned out.

EDIT: Can I also add that listening to Jay Bilas makes me miss Len Elmore? I didn't think that was possible. I mean his argument on how UVA should still get a number 1 seed over Duke, despite losing to them twice and not even getting to the championship game. It was like listening to Tucker Carlson trying to defend not being a racist while espousing racist viewpoints. Jay please fuck off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DukeBlueBall

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yes I saw the fucking game, and seen several this year, including the ones where they could make a damn shot against UNC the last 5 minutes of the game despite locking them down defensively, or almost losing to Wake forest. Are they a good team? And shooting 50% against VT and still losing the game. And they were without two of their starters as well. Last I checked they were ranked. SO yes, if Duke has a bad shooting night especially against a team like Washington or Michigan that likes to zone, that could be it. This was a good performance by the team this weekend. I'd argue that the 2017 ACC tourney one was even better, and we saw how that shit turned out.

EDIT: Can I also add that listening to Jay Bilas makes me miss Len Elmore? I didn't think that was possible. I mean his argument on how UVA should still get a number 1 seed over Duke, despite losing to them twice and not even getting to the championship game. It was like listening to Tucker Carlson trying to defend not being a racist while espousing racist viewpoints. Jay please fuck off.

You still didn't address the fact you think we'll lose due to a cold shooting night from outside...

Not going to happen. We lose if one of RJ, Zion, or Tre is injured / in foul trouble.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

So are they just absorbed by ESPN-ACC now

ACC Network starts in August. Raycom will be doing some production work apparently.

Man I remember when it was still Jefferson Pilot Sports, and this weekend ruled everything. Nobody did any work at school, teachers would just roll in the TVs and turn on the games. And if your team won the championship, it was a great season and you talked shit to all of your friends who liked rival teams (usually just UNC fans). The NCAAs were such a crapshoot that you couldn't pin all of your hopes on that. I really miss those days

Sail with the Pilot.

Anyone else remember the TVs on the carts?

Last edited:

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You still didn't address the fact you think we'll lose due to a cold shooting night from outside...

Not going to happen. We lose if one of RJ, Zion, or Tre is injured / in foul trouble.
Foul trouble is always a question in the tourney and calling a tight game for Duke who relies on reach ins and tips for turnovers could be a problem. There is no control over that. And yes, I am going to worry that due to match ups, if someone plays a good packline or zone defense, Duke may have to rely on its outside shot to answer. this same thing happened with UK 2010, an incredibly athletic and talented team, but they couldn't shoot worth shit, WVU lit them up from 3 and they had no answer. I'm always going to be skeptical going into the tournament, I've seen too many of these teams with talent implode when the pressure is on. Maybe Jack and Alex will find their shots again now that its out of conference time again.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone watching this SEC title game? Auburn is absolutely destroying Tennessee.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
16-4 turnover edge will do that for you I guess. Both teams looking like trash. You would think Tennessee were the team playing their fourth game in four days with their effort. Guess they blew their load yesterday vs Kentucky.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
March Madness thread will be up at halftime of Michigan/Sparty so people can have a place to discuss Selection Sunday at 6.