• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
2Vntb1y.png

damn lol

Oct 26, 2017
2/8 on the predictions overall but 5/8 on the teams (fucking Leafs and Pacific)

Bruins in 6
Penguins in 7

Predators in 6
Golden Knights in 5

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
Right so second round predictions

Lightning in 6: Lightning look better ATM
Pens in 7: It is destiny for the Eagle choke on Penguin stew
Predators in 7: IMO Nashville was less struggling versus the Avs and more the Jets facing complete mediocrity named the Minnesota Wild. Preds will likely assert themselves as the series goes on.
Sharks in 7: Cinderella story ends with the knight getting eaten by a random Shark.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I had a friend who would constantly give me shit for talking about Gardiner negatively, because he was one of our best defencemen and had a good plus/minus. How wrong he was.

What was Jake tonight? -5?

calder

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I hope someone deletes twitter from Gardiner's phone in the dressing room while he's in the shower screaming into a washcloth

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hypothetically speaking, say the Leafs go down in the 1st round again next year (or miss the playoffs), is change coming? At that point youd have no improvement over 3 seasons, and impending cap issues with new deals for Matthews/Marner/Nylander.

All hypothetical of course, but it really shows how fickle of a bitch sports are. In such a scenario, Leafs would go from unbridled optimism in 2014 to having to try something else in 2019

Deleted member 563

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hypothetically speaking, say the Leafs go down in the 1st round again next year (or miss the playoffs), is change coming? At that point youd have no improvement over 3 seasons, and impending cap issues with new deals for Matthews/Marner/Nylander.

All hypothetical of course, but it really shows how fickle of a bitch sports are. In such a scenario, Leafs would go from unbridled optimism in 2014 to having to try something else in 2019
Change is coming this summer. I'm expecting the team to look a lot different next season.

Oct 26, 2017

Obligatory whining about 8:30pm starts

Also, Preds-Jets is the only series that not only lacks a game on NBC proper, but also has a game relegated to CNBC.

ZeroGravity

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Tampa Bay Lightning (A1) vs. Boston Bruins (A2)

Saturday, April 28, 3pm:
Bruins @ Lightning | NBC, SN, TVA Sports
Monday, April 30, 7pm: Bruins @ Lightning | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Wednesday, May 2, 7pm: Lightning @ Bruins | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports
Friday, May 4, 7pm: Lightning @ Bruins | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

*Sunday, May 6, TBD: Bruins @ Lightning | TBD

*Tuesday, May 8, TBD: Lightning @ Bruins | TBD

*Thursday, May 10, TBD: Bruins @ Lightning | TBD

Oct 25, 2017

It might make sense to re-tool but you've seen teams that did stupid shit after getting eliminated in the playoffs, Chicago trading bread boy for Saad. We are going to be a different team next year anyway losing at least three forwards.

I'm also more optimistic about the "Big Three" money wise, Nylander isn't getting anything huge will be 6 million or a bridge deal for less, I don't know how you can argue he's been worth more. Marner is legit and will get like 8 but if Matthews is invisible again next year might drop him down a bit.

Oct 27, 2017

I think we need to change this year. I'd look at trading Gardiner and maybe even Nylander. I wouldn't move Matthews yet, but if we see another post season like this I'd seriously consider it. Rielly and Marner id keep based on what we've seen so far.

We should also look at getting a cheaper 1b) goaltender who may be able to take over from Anderson.

Bo Neslek

Oct 25, 2017
Canada's Ear
I think we need to change this year. I'd look at trading Gardiner and maybe even Nylander. I wouldn't move Matthews yet, but if we see another post season like this I'd seriously consider it. Rielly and Marner id keep based on what we've seen so far.

We should also look at getting a cheaper 1b) goaltender who may be able to take over from Anderson.

This is a dumb take.

Space Acorn

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Fuck, those first two periods were so good to watch. Then Leafs started playing too safe in the third instead of going hard for another goal, Gardiner defensed things up, and Andersen Octobered a few shots. That hurts - I mean, I can't say I'm terribly disappointed in the game, they played hard, but it just didn't have to end like this. I'm wondering if they'll reveal something up with Matthews now - I love him, but he's been a shadow of himself since his first injury this year, just hasn't looked the same even when he was putting up points. Would definitely be nice to see the team make some moves to improve this off season. Hopefully can get our defense upgraded somehow, it can't continue to be a weak spot. Their offensive depth is good enough to win with, the team just has to take the next step to becoming a real contender, and with hopefully their younger players starting to really come into their own, they can have a great next season and really start to do some damage.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Fuck, those first two periods were so good to watch. Then Leafs started playing their too-safe style in the third again, Gardiner defensed things up, and Andersen Octobered a few shots. That hurts - I mean, I can't say I'm terribly disappointed in the game, they played hard, but it just didn't have to end like this. I'm wondering if they'll reveal something up with Matthews now - I love him, but he's been a shadow of himself since his first injury this year, just hasn't looked the same even when he was putting up points. Would definitely be nice to see the team make some moves to improve this off season. Hopefully can get our defense upgraded somehow, it can't continue to be a weak spot. Their offensive depth is good enough to win with, the team just has to take the next step to becoming a real contender, and with hopefully their younger players starting to really come into their own, they can have a great next season and really start to do some damage.

Your posts are always great and I can never disagree with you.

May I suggest American politics?

Gross

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Awww seeing the gardiner quotes from the dressing room and I feel bad for him

He's not wrong though, he did suck

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God damn the Leafs were fucking terrible in the third. I could take the lopsided shot count in the second since most of those were not much; the Leafs did a pretty good job of breaking up the play in neutral ice/high o-zone. Cassidy adjusted the defense on the Leafs forecheck to double up on rotation and Babcock didn't respond. The speed was neutralized with bodies. That adaptation...that's the sign of a good coach and receptive players.

Matthews tried. Dude was smothered. Babs stretching out the lineup was a good idea, but clearly not enough. I missed that Matthews/Nylander magic.

Gardiner holy fuck. At least two goals against he directly contributed to. He still has his good moments but damn. This was not what was needed in a Game 7.

I wonder what happens in the off season. We're gonna have a lot of holes to fill.

Good series Broons. But I still hope Tampa dismantles you.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Vegas over San Jose in 5
Winnipeg
over Nashville in 7 (Not that I want to be right.)
Pittsburgh over Washington in 6
Boston
over Tampa in 7 (but go Bolts)

Space Acorn

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Your posts are always great and I can never disagree with you.

Love you too bud. ;)

At least now I can cut down on my beer consumption. Gotta give Boston props too, they played real good throughout the series, their players just really know where to be at all times and their possession game is super frustrating when they're on, seemingly always have guys where the pucks going to be. We almost beat them in a wild shootout, but that's some hard-boiled experience they displayed.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
D'aww

Maybe I should get drunk tonight. I can't remember the last time I was, and I have lots of cheap beer and 1.5 bottles of gin (though no mix).

Mirtle is getting ripped apart in the replies. Fuck I hate that guy.

Fair enough, but a player shouldn't be throwing his team's hat in the garbage inside of the dressing room after a loss. It's not classy at all, and hopefully wasn't someone who will be here next year.

Oct 25, 2017

Nylander is not the problem you always have use for guy like him, we're going to have enough forward turnover if they want to get guys that play differently they can. We have the pretty much the two best AHL goalies and one of the best backups this year. We don't need anymore especially with Freddy around, if we play not terrible d in front of him we will be fine in that department.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I think it would hurt us more than help us if we traded Nylander away. The guy may be streaky and inconsistent, but he's got wheels and can be one hell of a playmaker when he wants to be or is on. Look at what happened with Edmonton trading Hall away, and even Eberle.

He's still young and has a lot of potential.

I agree that this team needs defense and needs it bad, but I really don't want to see Willie go. None of the three. But it may need to happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.