• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Pretty gutted about Anne With An E. That adaptation was everything I ever wanted as a fan of the book series from childhood. It's a bummer it came to an end while they are still many books left to adapt, and many Anne life stories to tell.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So with the CBS-Viacom deal about to be done, wonder what means for all the PAY TV and streaming shit?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/viacoms-streaming-tv-arms-dealer-strategy-paying-now-1257617
It's a bit weird. They've been licensing out stuff, some very big even (like South Park) for a while now still. I could see Showtime and CBS AA merging somehow, possibly folding in Paramount TV as well, but I'm not sure they're going to go all in on the streaming business (past the very meager attempts at it currently with CBS AA).

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Pretty gutted about Anne With An E. That adaptation was everything I ever wanted as a fan of the book series from childhood. It's a bummer it came to an end while they are still many books left to adapt, and many Anne life stories to tell.

I don't watch it but it seems like 3 season is all Netflix wants to give shows anymore. House of Cards and Orange is the New Black are history.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
This show is a coproduction with the Canadian network CBC, people just need to tweet @CBC and ask them to continue the show and maybe there will be a season 4.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings:

The season finale of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" went up 0.3 from last week, and is about even with last season's finale (1.1 and 7.9 million viewers). "The Good Doctor" went up 0.2 from last week.
CBS's "The Neighborhood" went down 0.3 from last week's season high. "Bob Hearts Abishola" went down 0.1, while "Bull" went up 0.1.
NBC's "Bluff City Law" went up 0.1 from last week.
Both of Fox's shows went down 0.1 each from their last new episodes two weeks ago.
The CW's night held steady.

Fast-Demo-2019-Nov-25-MON.png

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
CBS All Access has binned "Strange Angel."

bonus points if you actually remember what the show is.

Still don't know what the heck that show was about. I watched the trailer and read the Wiki synopsis and I still don't get it.

follows "Jack Parsons, a brilliant and ambitious blue-collar worker of 1930s Los Angeles who started as a janitor at a chemical factory but had fantastical dreams that led him to birth the unknown discipline of American rocketry. Along the way, he fell into a mysterious world that included sex magic rituals at night, and he became a disciple of occultist Aleister Crowley. Parsons used Crowley's teachings of self-actualization to support his unimaginable and unprecedented endeavor to the stars.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Final ratings for FRIDAY NIGHT:

So, I realized that I forgot to put up Friday night's ratings on Saturday, and since the finals are here now, let's just do the analysis here:

ABC's "Fresh Off the Boat" went down 0.1 from last Friday.
All of CBS's shows went up 0.1 each.
NBC's "Dateline" went down 0.1 from last Friday.
Fox's "WWE Friday Night Smackdown" went up 0.1.
The CW's night held steady.

Final-Bcast-2019-Nov-22-FRI-1.png

Final ratings for SUNDAY NIGHT:

CBS's "NCIS: Los Angeles" adjusted up 0.1.
Forget what I said about NBC's "NFL Sunday Night Football" not being a good game. That averaged out to a 5.9, which is up 0.8 from last Sunday.
Everything else held steady.

Final-Bcast-2019-Nov-24-SUN.png

Final ratings for MONDAY NIGHT:

NBC's "Bluff City Law" adjusted down 0.1. It's been at 0.5 for pretty much its entire run (since episode 4). It may not get a second season but it sure was consistent.
Fox's "9-1-1" adjusted up 0.1.
Everything else held steady from this morning.

Final-Bcast-2019-Nov-25-MON.png

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It hasn't had a lot of attention, but Quibi has been losing some key people, and here's another:

Former DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson has left Quibi ahead of its launch next year.

Nelson, who was head operations at the short-form digital platform, is leaving less than a year after joining the business.

Her departure comes after the exit of a number of senior executives including Janice Min, who was tasked with running the company's daily news show output and left in September, and head of partnerships and distribution Tim Connolly, who left in August. Nelson is believed to have left for personal reasons.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings:

ABC's "The Conners" and "Bless This Mess" each went up 0.1 from last week, while "Black-ish" went down 0.1.
CBS's lineup went up 0.1 from last week.
NBC's "The Voice" went down 0.2 from last week. (BTW, I'm surprised that there's another Dolly Parton special.)
Fox's "The Resident" also went down 0.2 from last week, while "Empire" went down 0.1.
The CW's "The Flash" went down 0.1, while "Arrow" went up 0.1.

Fast-Demo-2019-Nov-26-TUE.png

Oct 25, 2017
come on emergence fans, you need to show up, the teases for a bigger plot than we thought is going to leave us unsatisfied and unfilled if this gets cancelled.

Spring hurry.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Again, black-ish better hope it can outlast Empire because that is looking increasingly unlikely.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did we know that NBCUniversal bought the streaming rights for "The Office" from Netflix for 9-figures?

Despite a crowded pool of streamers, NBC's Peacock made a splash with the announcement that it would be the exclusive home of sitcom
The Office for the next five years — thanks to Cheeks and Manfredi, who snagged the series from Netflix in a nine-figure deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.