• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"America's Got Talent" faces accusations of a toxic work-enviroment:

On the second floor of a production building on the North Hollywood lot, Leno taped an interstitial segment in the presence of show judges including Gabrielle Union and Julianne Hough. While taping, Leno made a crack about a painting on display in a hallway of Simon Cowell, the show's executive producer and judge, surrounded by his dogs. Leno joked that the pets looked like something one would find "on the menu at a Korean restaurant," four people present for the taping told Variety.
Two insiders familiar with the set said Hough had received consistent criticism on hair, makeup and wardrobe, which impacted her morale and led to tensions. Hough denied this in a statement to Variety as not accurate to her experience.
Union was subjected to a very specific critique — that her rotating hair styles were "too black" for the audience of "AGT," a note she received over half a dozen times, according to four sources with direct knowledge of the exchanges who spoke on the condition of anonymity. One network insider disputed the volume of notes, saying there was only feedback about hair continuity for both judges.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
am assuming they are being as polite as possible until their long term job aspects are secure maybe.

Dont get the hair continuity thing???
It used to be that episodes were fairly linear on reality competition shows(as in, episodes shot in a certain city were likely all filmed in the same day, but ever since they started focusing more and more on social media clips, they have started to mix all the audition days together, meaning that the hair styles and clothing styles would vary from audition to audition. That's likely what that's referring to is an effort to keep those things consistent, or at least to try to.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
As in, did we know the number? I remember the news about the rights, but I didn't know NBCU was paying Netflix hundreds of millions for the rights for 5 years.
Is that really NBC paying Netflix? I would assume it is Peacock putting a nine-million figure in the books to pay to NBC itself and the other production partners Because it would be weird for NBC to pay Netflix when the rights were ending anyway.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that really NBC paying Netflix? I would assume it is Peacock putting a nine-million figure in the books to pay to NBC itself and the other production partners Because it would be weird for NBC to pay Netflix when the rights were ending anyway.
Yeah, I probably misinterpreted that final sentence. When they said "snagged from", I assumed they were paying Netflix for some reason, but it probably just meant NBCU outbid Netflix.

Still though, 9 figs for "The Office" and a multi-billion dollar deal for "The Big Bang Theory" is nuts.
Dewey and Quigley are stocking HBO Max with content for its May launch. Dewey spearheads originals dealmaking, helping land projects from creatives like Greg Berlanti and Reese Witherspoon, while Quigley was behind the streamer's big deals for the Friends ($425 million) and Big Bang Theory (multibillion-dollar) libraries.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Final ratings for Tuesday night:

ABC's "The Conners" adjusted up by 0.1.

Final-Bcast-2019-Nov-26-TUE.png

Also, Showbuzzdaily has noted that for this upcoming Thanksgiving weekend, fast national ratings will still come in like usual around 11am ET but final ratings will not come in until Monday, December 2. Because of this, I'll just post the fast national ratings and not the finals since it would clutter up this thread more than they already do.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings:

CBS's "Survivor" went down 0.1 from last week, while "SEAL Team" went up 0.1 and "S.W.A.T." went up 0.2.
NBC aired a new episode of "Ellen's Game of Games" and it turned out to be the lowest-rated episode yet, down 0.5 from the last episode that aired on April 2.
Fox's "Almost Family" went down 0.1 from last week.

Fast-Demo-2019-Nov-27-WED.png

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
there's a ton of bleeped / blurred cursing on B99 season 6 (aka when it moved to NBC) which is just bizarre... I mean it's bleeped and blurred, whats the point? and also, if it's bleeped/blurred, why wasnt it on Fox before?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings:

Fox's "Almost Family" was the only new scripted show last night, and it's clear that it's being sent out to die since it never really performed well anyway. Last night's episode hit series lows across the board.

Fast-Demo-2019-Nov-28-THU.png

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Thursday night's ratings:

Fox's "Almost Family" was the only new scripted show last night, and it's clear that it's being sent out to die since it never really performed well anyway. Last night's episode hit series lows across the board.

Fast-Demo-2019-Nov-28-THU.png
They aired it new last night? LMAO amazing

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings:

ABC's "American Housewife" went down 0.1 from last week, while "20/20" went up 0.1.
Fox's "WWE Friday Night Smackdown" went down 0.1 from last week as well.

Fast-Demo-2019-Nov-29-FRI.png

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
The irony? How Hannibal got away with so much gore on NBC lol. Bad words = bad, the innards of decapitated humans? That's cool. Just no nudity.

Sorry i wasn't clear- it's not that Fox would allow them actually say or show the stuff. They wouldn't. But Fox wouldn't allow them to blur or beep it while NBC will. So, in this case, NBC seems to have laxer standards all around.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings:

ABC's "Shark Tank" and "The Rookie" are even with their last original episodes from two weeks ago. (I'm not sure why Showbuzzdaily put hundredths in ABC's column, but oh well.)
CBS's "NCIS: Los Angeles" and "Madam Secretary" are even from last week, despite "60 Minutes" hogging up the night.
Fox's "The Simpsons" is down 0.1 from its last new episode that didn't follow football two weeks ago, while "Bob's Burgers" and "Family Guy" are down 0.2 each from two weeks ago.
The CW's night held steady from when it aired new episodes two weeks ago.

Fast-Demo-2019-Dec-01-SUN.png

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
i checked out Dollface on Hulu this weekend. It was enjoyable enough with a good cast. Not sure what Kat Dennings had done since that awful broke girls show but this was a nice time seeing her in as a character type pre that show.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
i checked out Dollface on Hulu this weekend. It was enjoyable enough with a good cast. Not sure what Kat Dennings had done since that awful broke girls show but this was a nice time seeing her in as a character type pre that show.
I enjoyed it quite a bit. The first episode was okay but every episode after just got better and better, so by the 10th episode I was enamored! Hopefully it gets a second season considering all the promotion it's been getting.

Oct 25, 2017
Sunday night's ratings:

ABC's "Shark Tank" and "The Rookie" are even with their last original episodes from two weeks ago. (I'm not sure why Showbuzzdaily put hundredths in ABC's column, but oh well.)
CBS's "NCIS: Los Angeles" and "Madam Secretary" are even from last week, despite "60 Minutes" hogging up the night.
Fox's "The Simpsons" is down 0.1 from its last new episode that didn't follow football two weeks ago, while "Bob's Burgers" and "Family Guy" are down 0.2 each from two weeks ago.
The CW's night held steady from when it aired new episodes two weeks ago.

Fast-Demo-2019-Dec-01-SUN.png
aw I wish they broke down the cbs one to the games, since the first game was so bad they switched to a more competitive one around 7pm.

Great shark tank episode, Lori v Kevin was amazing, Lori forever best shark.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any idea of when in January we'd see Curb? I don't know how hard or easy it is to predict when seasons start or end of HBO. I'd want to set a reminder of when to log onto HBO to check out episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.