• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings:

ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" went up 0.2 from last week, while "A Million Little Things" went down 0.1.
CBS's lineup held steady from their previous original airings two weeks ago.
NBC's "Will & Grace" and "Law and Order: SVU" each went down 0.1 from last week.
The CW's lineup also held steady from their previous original airings two weeks ago.

Fast-Demo-2019-Nov-07-THU.png

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series is on ABC and Freeform tonight, forgot about that. Our first look at a Disney+ series.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the Frasier reboot is a go:

I'm not so much annoyed about yet another reboot coming out as much as I am about the fact that the networks had all sorts of great sitcoms in the past 10 years that got shafted after up to 3 seasons. Now their directors are hauling out mediocre crap or left to greener pastures in cable/streaming.

soon they'll run out of sitcoms to revive and they'll be forced to make a new season of happy endings

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017

I'm not so much annoyed about yet another reboot coming out as much as I am about the fact that the networks had all sorts of great sitcoms in the past 10 years that got shafted after up to 3 seasons. Now their directors are hauling out mediocre crap or left to greener pastures in cable/streaming.

Can't see this working without John Mahoney.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH

'Fresh Off The Boat' To End After Season 6 On ABC

Finally! I know the Constance Wu drama really messed things up but this show was getting so boring for the last couple of seasons.

We also need a new title since it's a new cancellation! Anyone have any ideas?

Wow! I know The Good Place wasn't a ratings juggernaut or anything, but NBC is sending it off in style!
is this confirmed to be the last B99 season?

No, there's no word on whether or not it's the final season. I'm sure they have at least one more season in them after this one though.

Last edited:

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I did not know Emily Bett Rickards was returning for Arrow's series finale. Really glad to see that.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Why is TVMoJoe complaining about Friday drops? Thursdays are packed enough as it is.
I don't like it either. Like it makes that you have to personally spread your viewing over the week. Which means everyone is watching shows at different times. So not a set time to pop online like here on Era and have an active topic and discussion about the episode that just aired.

Would be nice to have releases spread over the week like regular TV.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

I'm fine with this. For the past couple years I've been fine if they ended up ending it with like Eddie graduating high school, and it looks like they will probably get to that point. Been a fun show, going through the fads/trends of the 90s.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Final ratings for Thursday night:

Everything held steady from this morning.
Plus, Fox's "NFL Thursday Night Football" averaged out to a 3.9 rating, which is even with how it performed last week.

Final-Bcast-2019-Nov-07-THU.png

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I know I'm super late, but it sucks that Sunnyside is cancelled. I just learned about the show Today, saw the released episodes, looked it up and then found out this is the only season. Its nothing super special but the actors and plot were interesting enough, and its rare that a show set in the city actually focuses on Queens in a realistic way and not Manhattan or Brooklyn.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I know I'm super late, but it sucks that Sunnyside is cancelled. I just learned about the show Today, saw the released episodes, looked it up and then found out this is the only season. Its nothing super special but the actors and plot were interesting enough, and its rare that a show set in the city actually focuses on Queens in a realistic way and not Manhattan or Brooklyn.
The concept sounds great on paper and the actors and producers involved are talented... but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The concept sounds great on paper and the actors and producers involved are talented... but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.
I get that, and in this environment comebacks like the Office and Parks and Recs are nigh on impossible, but they shpuld have given it a chance. Seeing the twins become more grounded and actually have a grasp on reality would have been a blast.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I get that, and in this environment comebacks like the Office and Parks and Recs are nigh on impossible, but they should have given it a chance. Seeing the twins become more grounded and actually have a grasp on reality would have been a blast.
NBC did give it a chance. It aired 4 episodes and is airing the rest of the series on their website and Hulu. They even ordered an additional episode to wrap it all up.

The numbers just weren't there. It was getting ratings that The CW would laugh at. It wasn't getting an audience. It wasn't on anyone's "must see" list for this fall. Just be thankful that NBC aired it in the first place and that it'll be getting somewhat of a conclusion.

Oct 25, 2017

Manifest!!!!!!!!1 Hype

Sunnyside has my new cute actor crush [jkb]. Hope he finds a show in the future.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

I think now that I'm old enough to see 90s nostalgia, I've accepted that culture is dead.

Yeah, this is fine. I dunno, the show is like any of the other ABC sitcoms where there's practically no personality and the Chinese nature of it doesn't even matter anymore. It lasted longer than Margaret Cho's show and got Constance Wu Crazy Rich Asians, which in turn got Aquafina The Farewell, so it did its job. lol

---

Not that anyone cares because I think I'm the only person in the world who watches old people British dramas, but I just noticed that Martin Clune's Doc Martin is ending this year.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At least HBO is sticking to Sundays for most of their stuff.

Sunday is where it's at. Friday nights I'm already happy as fuck with the whole weekend ahead of me, a new episode of a show I'm watching coming out doesn't really move the needle, I need my anticipated shows to drop Sunday to help lessen the dread that creeps in as I see the approaching work week.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
That's definitely one of the all time best thread titles. Even though I don't normally care to see shows die, the show has definitely run its course and seems to be out of steam so I am fine with that.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings:

The preview of Disney+'s "High School Musical: The Series" on ABC either skewed really, REALLY young or it bombed. You be the judge (since I don't get ratings for audiences below 18).
NBC's "Dateline" went down 0.1 from last week.
The CW's "Charmed" also went down 0.1 from last week.
Everything else remained steady from last week.

Fast-Demo-2019-Nov-08-FRI.png

Oct 25, 2017
confusing HSM advertising, even online ads I saw this week only mentioned the nov 12 or whatever premier on disney+, this thread was the only place i heard that it was getting a tv on air episode premiere, oops. More looking forward to love,simon tv.

--

missed it yesterday, cant wait to see vanna episode

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I can't remember the ratings for the Star Trek discovery series premiere. That's the last time I remember a streaming show premiering on a network.

Status
Not open for further replies.