• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
First trailer for RUN:

I did not understand the concept of the show at all from this.. but this synopsis makes it much clearer:

Ruby Richardson walks away from her ordinary life in the suburbs to revisit her past with her college boyfriend, Billy Johnson. The two made a pact 17 years earlier: If either one of them texted the word "RUN" and the other replied with the same, they would drop everything and meet in Grand Central Station and travel across America together.

I wasn't that enthusiastic about the trailer but Merritt Wever (didn't know her name before this) was very good in Unbelievable and there's good pedigree behind this so I'm cautiously optimistic either way.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Showtime confirms it has picked up "The Auteur" from Taika Waititi & Jude Law.
Showtime has confirmed development of half-hour series The Auteur, starring Jude Law (The Young Pope) and directed by newly minted Oscar winner Taika Waititi (Jojo Rabbit), who will also write with Peter Warren (Ghost Team). Signaling its intention to pick up the project to series, the network has ordered multiple scripts of The Auteur, produced by Showtime and Legendary with Endeavor Content serving as studio.

Based on the graphic novel by Rick Spears, James Callahan and Luigi Anderson, The Auteur is described as a gonzo horror-comedy, a twisted romance and a glamorous, high wire act of biting satire. In it, desperate to make a great horror movie after a massive bomb, a film producer accidentally traps his production on a backlot with a serial killer.

Waititi is set to direct the pilot episode. Directing followup episodes would be subject to availability due to his hectic feature schedule.
Netflix picks up limited series "Painkiller", with Peter Berg directing.

Eric Newman, who has been examining the drug trade in Colombia and Mexico as showrunner of Netflix's Narcos and Narcos: Mexico, is turning his attention to the opioid crisis in America with Painkiller, a limited drama series for the streamer where he is under an overall deal.

Peter Berg (The Leftovers, Friday Night Lights) will direct all eight episodes of the limited series, written by A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood scribes Micah Fitzerman-Blue and Noah Harpster.

The New Yorker article 'The Family That Built an Empire of Pain' by Patrick Radden Keefe and the book Pain Killer: An Empire of Deceit and the Origin of America's Opioid Epidemic by Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist and author Barry Meier serve as underlying material for the series, with Keefe and Meier on board as consultants.
Raoul Peck Teams With HBO On Colonialism Docuseries 'Exterminate All The Brutes'; Josh Hartnett To Topline Scripted Portions

Raoul Peck, the Oscar-nominated director of I Am Not Your Negro, is teaming with HBO for Exterminate All the Brutes, an ambitious four-part hybrid docuseries that will explore the exploitative and genocidal aspects of European colonialism.

The project is being culled from three books: Sven Lindqvist's Exterminate All the Brutes, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz's An Indigenous People's History of the United States and Michel-Rolph Trouillot's Silencing the Past. The series will draw from documentary footage and archival material along with animation and interpretive scripted scenes, with Josh Hartnett to play the lead role in the latter sections.

The aim is to tell a sweeping story from America to Africa in which history, contemporary life and fiction are intertwined. Peck will deconstruct the making and masking of history through a personal voyage into some of the darkest hours of humanity.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nathan Fielder on showtime!

deadline.com

Showtime Orders ‘The Curse’ Comedy Pilot From the Safdie Brothers & Nathan Fielder

Showtime has given a pilot order to 'The Curse,' a half-hour comedy from 'Uncut Gems' duo Benny and Josh Safdie and Nathan for You's Nathan Fielder.
That description sounds great:
It explores how an alleged curse disturbs the relationship of a newly married couple who star in Flipanthropy, their troubled HGTV show, I hear.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Feb-18-TUE.png

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HBO Max Orders 1970s Comedy Pilot 'Minx' from Ellen Rapoport, Paul Feig & Lionsgate
Written by Rapoport, the half-hour Minx is set in 1970s Los Angeles and centers around an earnest young feminist who joins forces with a low-rent publisher to create the first erotic magazine for women.
'The Gordita Chronicles' Comedy Series From Claudia Forestieri, Josh Berman & Zoe Saldana In Works At HBO Max
Written by Forestieri, The Gordita Chronicles, loosely inspired by Forestieri's life, centers around a Latina reporter looking back on her childhood as a chubby, willful and reluctant Dominican immigrant growing up with her eccentric family in 1980s Miami.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Living a double life wasn't enough for James Wolk. Now he's going to be living a triple life.

tvline.com

James Wolk to Star (Three Times!) in NBC’s Parallel Lives Pilot Ordinary Joe

'Watchmen' and 'Zoo' actor James Wolk will star as a man living three parallel lives in the NBC drama pilot 'Ordinary Joe.'

The Watchmen and Zoo actor will star in the NBC drama pilot Ordinary Joe, TVLine has learned. Wolk will play Joe Kimbrough, who makes certain choices after graduating from college that "change the trajectory of his life, and the results of his decisions are seen" in three distinct timelines. "The series asks the question of how different life might look if you made your decision based on love, loyalty or passion," according to the official description.

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
so i got bored last week and started to watch Letterkenny. its verrrrry canadian lol and it took a season and half to really start to get it and i think its funny for the most part. the structure was weird at first but the jokes/dialogue is so fast

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"The Blacklist" renewed for Season 8(?!)

deadline.com

‘The Blacklist’ Renewed For Season 8 By NBC

NBC has ordered an eighth season of The Blacklist, the second consecutive year the veteran drama has received an early renewal.

'Shantaram': Production Of Apple Series On Pause, Showrunner Search Underway
deadline.com

‘Shantaram’: Production Of Apple Series On Pause, Showrunner Search Underway

Production is temporarily on hold for Apple series <em>Shantaram,</em> based on Gregory David Roberts’ best-selling novel, starring Charlie Hunnam.
Production of the Apple series Shantaram has been put on hold for the next few months and will resume after the end of the monsoon season in India. The series, based on Gregory David Roberts' best-selling novel and starring Charlie Hunnam, had fallen behind on scripts and will use the hiatus to catch up.

Creator/showrunner Eric Warren Singer (American Hustle), who comes from the feature world, had served as showrunner. He will remain as an executive producer. A search is underway for a showrunner with a solid TV series experience for the ambitious production which spans three continents.

Shantaram had been filming in Australia and India since October with a $5 million tax incentive from the Australian government.

Last edited:

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
so i got bored last week and started to watch Letterkenny. its verrrrry canadian lol and it took a season and half to really start to get it and i think its funny for the most part. the structure was weird at first but the jokes/dialogue is so fast
Agreed. I liked how fast the dialogue and banter is. I binged my way through that series but stopped at season 6 since it was getting to be too much for me. I might pick it up again though.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
"The Blacklist" renewed for Season 8(?!)

deadline.com

‘The Blacklist’ Renewed For Season 8 By NBC

NBC has ordered an eighth season of The Blacklist, the second consecutive year the veteran drama has received an early renewal.
I was just wondering a little while ago if Season 7 had maybe been a shorter season and what was going on with it. So it's just on a long break, AND it's not ending this year. Well alright then. It's still enjoyable enough, even if I've given up on caring what the deal with Reddington is. The final season could reveal he's actually God in disguise and I'd just shrug it off (and still expect the final scene to reveal maybe that's not the truth either).

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"The Politician" was not good. If you're going to satirize white privilege, at least have the guts to do it with some teeth.

It just wasn't dark or satirical enough to be amazing. If Season 2 doesn't improve, I'm dropping it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yuuup
Not enough time in the day to watch all the good tv and also play video games
Although I still carve out time for some trash like Lucifer

should you not watch (or play) what you like, and not "what is good"? This isnt about The Politian btw (which I barely liked, and even then just half of it), just in general.

DONT JUDGE MY TRASH DAMN IT >_<

Last edited:

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
'Shantaram': Production Of Apple Series On Pause, Showrunner Search Underway
deadline.com

‘Shantaram’: Production Of Apple Series On Pause, Showrunner Search Underway

Production is temporarily on hold for Apple series <em>Shantaram,</em> based on Gregory David Roberts’ best-selling novel, starring Charlie Hunnam.

Huh, I had no idea this was being made. I've read half of that novel, and it's a really good match for a series. Watching a white guy assimilate into India while on the run from law enforcement sounds like it'll be pretty neat to watch.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
re: that Goonies inspired show on Fox, from Joe Adalian's weekly newsletter:

holy shit what

Afterr failing to make it in New York and carrying a heavy secret with her, Stella Cooper returns to her distressed automotive hometown to substitute teach. She finds inspiration, hope and ultimately salvation when she agrees to help three students who are pursuing their filmmaking dreams by putting on an impossibly ambitious shot-for-shot remake of one of their favorite movies —The Goonies. Over the course of the season of the potential series, their passion will inspire a town in desperate need of hope in this love letter to the power of cinema, storytelling and dreams.

why does this sound like High School Musical: The Musical: The Series?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
time to finally watch Westworld I think, I don't want to miss the zeitgeist of S3 :(

All I know about the show is that its some sort of VR western, and people liked S1 and hated S2 (which wasnt a western anymore? /shrug)

Status
Not open for further replies.