• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I tried most of Lego Masters but I just wasn't feeling it as much as I thought I would. Its probably something that I'll end up dropping pretty fast.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Benjamin Bratt joins Rosario Dawson in HBO Max's "DMZ" pilot.
EXCLUSIVE: We've learned that Benjamin Bratt has scored the series regular role of Parco Delgado opposite Rosario Dawson in the HBO Max pilot of DC/Vertigo Comic series DMZ from Warner Bros. Television.

DMZ is set in the near future where America is embroiled in a bitter civil war, leaving Manhattan a demilitarized zone, destroyed and isolated from the rest of the world. DMZ chronicles the harrowing journey of fierce medic Alma Ortega (Dawson), who saves lives while desperately searching for her lost son. As she contends with the gangs, militias, demagogues and warlords that control this lawless no man's land, she becomes the unlikely source of what everyone has lost: Hope.

Bratt will play Parco Delgado, the popular — and deadly — leader of one of the most powerful gangs in the DMZ. He wants to rule the DMZ — and will stop at nothing to secure that outcome. Parco is known as a wildly magnetic, affable, and equally influential man. The role returns Bratt to the comic book space, having previously played Jonathan Pangborn in the Disney/Marvel feature Doctor Strange.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Wednesday night's ratings. That Bachelor lead-in for Stumptown did not help at all. Fucking yikes:

Fast-Demo-2020-Feb-05-WED.png
Why was Bachelor on Wednesday?

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will this shit ever get made?
Considering they might now have to completely reshoot the pilot, I don't think we're seeing this till 2022 and that's if Lashana Lynch continues with the project. After Bond and Captain Marvel, she can totally do other things than stay attached to a project in the throes of development hell.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
RatskyWatsky btw im totally using the 52 games rule of "it only counts when you finish" for the 52 thread, #dealwithit

(I have a bunch of shows with 1 or 2 eps left for no reason except my ADD >_>)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ozark is the hill I'll die on. Show get a undeserved bum rap, especially with the Breaking Bad comparison, they are really nothing alike after the initial premise (which isnt even that similar). The cast is just so good, I always liked Jason Bateman and Laura Linney, but the ladies that play Ruth and Darlene are just fantastic.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
ViacomCBS to launch new streaming service blending CBS All Access with Paramount films, Viacom channels
Newly combined ViacomCBS is working on combining media assets for a new streaming service that will build on CBS All Access, according to people familiar with the matter.

While ViacomCBS executives haven't made any firm decisions, they are considering creating a service with advertisements that will combine CBS All Access with Viacom assets including Pluto TV, Nickelodeon, BET, MTV, Comedy Central and Paramount Pictures, said the people, who asked not to be named because the product discussions are private.

An ad-free version will also be available, and a premium version of the streaming service will include Showtime, the people said. ViacomCBS executives haven't decided on a name for the service, nor a price, though the base service will probably be less than $10 a month, two of the people said.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So they will actually be adding MORE content to it (plus a freebie version)in order to survive? Something something "why they no do in the first place?"
It didn't say anything about there being a free version. CBSAA is $6 with ads or $10 without so this new one will probably be a couple bucks more for each version.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Hell freezes over as Netflix finally lets users turn off autoplaying previews
Maybe we're not living the worst possible timeline after all.
Netflix giveth and Netflix taketh away. It giveth rad '80s hairdos with Stranger Things; it taketh critical thinking skills with Goop. One of its worst "gifts," however, has been the autoplaying previews—with sound!—that burst forth from your TV screen like a Ridley Scott alien if you dare to leave a selection highlighted for more than a moment. Today, that's changing with a new option in your Netflix settings.
Netflix was so proud of this autoplay-with-sound achievement that, in a 2016 press release, it talked up its "new television user interface that uses video more extensively to bring content alive in real time and helps members decide whether to click play." For Netflix, this was great because it led to more people watching more content. Which it probably did! I certainly tried a few things I would not have tried otherwise. But there was no way to turn it off; I soon felt nearly assaulted by the Netflix app running on my Roku.
But on Thursday, the almighty Netflix algorithm heard our puny human cries and has taken pity upon us. Netflix users can now switch off both autoplaying previews and the "autoplay the next episode of series" feature. Simply log in to your Netflix account on a Web browser, select "Playback settings," and tick or untick the two boxes that now appear there. Bam! (This may not work immediately, but switching profiles should force the change through.)

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Jesus, what's next? Letting me actually sort lists by newest or last watched first? Or god forbid, actually letting me watch end credits instead of skipping or playing a trailer for something I'm not remotely interest in?! Where does this madness end, Netflix?
Maybe they'll even let you remove that TV show you watched 15 minutes of 4 months ago from your "Keep Watching" list.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Maybe they'll even let you remove that TV show you watched 15 minutes of 4 months ago from your "Keep Watching" list.
15? Try 2. I watched two minutes of "The circle" before noping out.

Right now it's the third show on my "continue watching." And that's more than a month after the fact.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I have you all beat.

Patriot Act, as much as I love it, never leaves my "continue to watch"

There's nothing to continue, I've watched every ep. there's no new eps for now. why is it still there?

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I have you all beat.

Patriot Act, as much as I love it, never leaves my "continue to watch"

There's nothing to continue, I've watched every ep. there's no new eps for now. why is it still there?
Better Call Saul for me. Maybe I can finally get rid of it when the new season starts in a few weeks.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Ray Donovan's Showrunner Has a Few Things to Say About That Surprise Cancellation
Is there any part of you that wishes this had happened a season earlier? Because if the show stopped then, it would have worked as an ending?

Yes, totally. It totally would have. The end of season six was the completion of an idea. And we were pretty burned out. It felt like the end. I think it would have been an extraordinary series finale because it had enough open and enough closed. When I came back for season seven, it was with the idea that you can't just take the completion of an arc and then complete it again, so the writers' room began with building two seasons.
Kinda curious what's going on over at Showtime. They have a lot of long running shows coming off the air and not much in the pipe to replace them from what I've seen.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Im so mad we won't see another season of the wonderful The Night Manager. He was so good in it and the show was awesome

'Complicating matters is the fact that Le Carré did not write a sequel to The Night Manager and he has been loathe to allow TV producers or filmmakers the opportunity to expand on his work without a book.' Deadline did all my work for me.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
'Complicating matters is the fact that Le Carré did not write a sequel to The Night Manager and he has been loathe to allow TV producers or filmmakers the opportunity to expand on his work without a book.' Deadline did all my work for me.
So it's counted as a limited serie, right?

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
i actually checked out Lego Masters as well. it was ok but Will Arnett made it enjoyable. couple of the teams seems like they would get annoying pretty quickly but what they all built were cool

Status
Not open for further replies.