• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HBO Max nears deal for unscripted "Friends" reunion special.

Months after the 25th anniversary of its launch, the cast of the iconic comedy series Friends is expected to get together for an unscripted reunion special. It will help launch the upcoming streaming platform HBO Max, where the Friends library is one of the main attractions.

Following tough negotiations, I hear Friends stars Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, David Schwimmer, Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry have reached an agreement in principle with series' producer Warner Bros. TV to do what I hear would be an hourlong special. No one would comment, but I hear each of the six stars will be paid in the $3 million-$4 million range for appearing in the special.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
So... I ended up taking a look at Carol's Second Act. Yeah... that was bad. And on a similar note, I'm seriously wondering if the age of sitcoms are at an end for broadcast TV. No one in those networks seem to know how to make a quality sitcom anymore. The veterans can only hang around for so long.

Also, there's no doubt now that Station 19's hurting Grey's performance. With that and Karev's departure, that show's days may actually be numbered now.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they'll even let you remove that TV show you watched 15 minutes of 4 months ago from your "Keep Watching" list.

lM0bcvl.gif

is Ray Donovan worth a watch?

No.

Kinda curious what's going on over at Showtime. They have a lot of long running shows coming off the air and not much in the pipe to replace them from what I've seen.

I'm still shocked that Showtime would do one of their longest running and most successful series dirty like that.

I hear each of the six stars will be paid in the $3 million-$4 million range for appearing in the special.

So $18-24 million dollars just to put those 6 actors in a room together to talk about Friends for an hour.

holy fuck what an enormous waste of money

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
lM0bcvl.gif

No.

I'm still shocked that Showtime would do one of their longest running and most successful series dirty like that.

So $18-24 million dollars just to put those 6 actors in a room together to talk about Friends for an hour.

holy fuck what an enormous waste of money
Lmao, it makes absolutely no sense. Who wants to watch a boring ass unscripted Friends special? At least make it scripted so it's something fun, shit.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, it makes absolutely no sense. Who wants to watch a boring ass unscripted Friends special? At least make it scripted so it's something fun, shit.

I could absolutely understand the cost if the special was scripted. That would be huge. (though $3-4 million each for just an hour is still a bit much imo)

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda can't believe how good The Morning Show is. Much better than I expected. I mean I knew Little America would be great but I figured this would just be light soapy fluff. Looking forward to checking out For All Mankind and Mythic Quest.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starz solidifies the "Power" Universe, greenlighting 3 more spinoffs.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Power’: Three More Spinoff Series Set at Starz

As promised, Starz is powering forward to expand the world of the signature drama 'Power.'

The Lionsgate-backed premium cable network on Sunday — ahead of the series finale of the flagship drama — announced three more spinoff series in what it is calling the Power Universe. Power Book III: Raising Kanan, Power Book IV: Influence and Power Book V: Force join the previously revealed Power Book II: Ghost and bring the franchise to a total of four upcoming offshoots from Courtney A. Kemp's original.

Raising Kanan, the third show, is a prequel story that is set in the '90s and explores the early years of Power character Kanan Stark (played by series exec producer 50 Cent). The character has been a staple through all six seasons, either as recurring, series regular and, in the final season, a guest star. The fourth drama, Influence, follows Larenz Tate's character, Rashad Tate, in his ruthless pursuit of power. Tate joined Power in season four as a recurring player and was promoted to regular for the final two seasons. The fifth series, Force, revolves around Joseph Sikora's Tommy Egan as he cuts ties and puts New York in his rearview mirror for good.
Not entirely sure how the premium females will react to this.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Four spinoffs should be the point where you look at what you're doing and realize you might be doing too much.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
I kinda can't believe how good The Morning Show is. Much better than I expected. I mean I knew Little America would be great but I figured this would just be light soapy fluff. Looking forward to checking out For All Mankind and Mythic Quest.

the morning show is brilliant can't wait for season 2

as for the friends reunion what a waste of money for a stupid clip show and them talk about it meh! Call me when they decide to do a proper special

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.