• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is dead may never die: 'CSI' event series eyed by CBS.
deadline.com

‘CSI’ Event Series Eyed By CBS; Original Cast Members May Return

One of the biggest drama series franchises is plotting a comeback.
One of television's biggest drama series franchises is plotting a comeback. I hear CBS is mulling a CSI event series to mark the 20th anniversary of the original series' October 2000 premiere. The idea is for new installment, from writer Jason Tracey (Elementary), CBS TV Studios and Jerry Bruckheimer TV, to be set in Las Vegas and be a sequel to the mothership CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, sources said. The hope is that the new incarnation would feature original cast members. I hear William Petersen, who headlined CSI for its first nine seasons, and fellow original star Jorja Fox have been approached, but no formal offers have been made.

"The Good Doctor" gets a S4 renewal.

deadline.com

‘The Good Doctor’ Renewed For Season 4 By ABC

ABC has given an early Season 4 renewal to hit drama series The Good Doctor.

Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones create new production company, sans "Black Mirror" rights.
deadline.com

‘Black Mirror’ Creators Charlie Brooker & Annabel Jones Waste Little Time In Launching New Production Outfit

Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones have established a new production outfit after resigning from Endemol Shine Group's House Of Tomorrow.
The pair set up Broke And Bones last week, each taking a 50% stake in the company, which is set to be the vehicle through which the British creatives produce their future work.

They have been in protracted negotiations with Netflix about an exclusive deal, but to continue making Black Mirror, Netflix would effectively need to buy out the rights to the show from Endemol Shine, in what could be a lucrative deal for the production group.

Talks are continuing, Deadline understands, and Brooker has spoken about his desire to continue making the anthology drama, which has run for five seasons on Channel 4 and Netflix, scooping six Emmys.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
And on a similar note, I'm seriously wondering if the age of sitcoms are at an end for broadcast TV. No one in those networks seem to know how to make a quality sitcom anymore.

When was the last time a 'live before a studio audience' was worth a damn? THAT I will agree on. But shows like 'Modern Family', 'Life in Pieces', everything by Michael Schur, Superstore, (the beloved around here 'Happy Endings') and now things like The Unicorn are still worth watching. They have a lot more latitude than something done on a soundstage, and good luck with anything that follows the stale old formula.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
EQbM7m0WAA84Zlo

EQX4jSJWkAEYFiB
tenor.gif

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Given the first week is going to be inflated before an inevitable big drop that doesn't seem incredible.
Vince is gonna burn so much money.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Given the first week is going to be inflated before an inevitable big drop that doesn't seem incredible.
Vince is gonna burn so much money.
It'll be fine. The WWE is doing well enough that he can afford to do this. (Please ignore everything going on surrounding the WWE right now.)

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'Turner & Hooch' Reboot, Starring Josh Peck, Ordered to Series at Disney+
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Turner & Hooch’ Reboot, Starring Josh Peck, Ordered to Series at Disney+

Disney+ is officially moving forward with its 'Turner & Hooch' TV series. Following a brief run in development, the streaming platform has tapped 'Drake & Josh' grad Josh Peck to star in the 12-episode series for the streamer.
Following a brief run in development, the streaming platform has tapped Drake & Josh grad Josh Peck to star in the 12-episode series for the streamer.

The series, a reboot of the 1989 feature film that starred Tom Hanks as a detective navigating a new life with an unruly dog named Hooch, hails from writer/exec producer Matt Nix (Burn Notice) and Disney-owned studio 20th Century Fox TV.
Much like the film, the Disney+ series will revolves around what happens when an ambitious, buttoned-up U.S. Marshall inherits an unruly dog and how he soon realizes the pet he didn't want may be the partner he needs. Peck will play the role of U.S. Marshall Scott Turner. (There's no word on casting for Hooch or if the pup will be live-action or CGI.)

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Oh shit, I forgot XFL was rebooting.

But those ratings don't seem that high? For live sports and American Football at that?

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, they don't look that great to me either. Why are they touting it as if 4 million viewers is a good thing?
To them, the fact they got anyone past 2 million is a plus I guess. Plus they beat out the NBA and NHL games on their days.

Then again, Dubs and Lakers is already gonna be a skip since the Dubs are tanking.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Streaming TV Usage Nearly Doubles in Less Than 2 Years, Nielsen Says
The headline number in the report illustrates the incredible amount of content that makes up the TV universe. Using data from the Nielsen-owned Gracenote (which powers TV listings guides and search functions for on-demand providers), the company determined that in 2019 alone, a mind-boggling 646,152 unique program titles were available across every linear and streaming outlet. That's every series (current and past), movie, special, news program, sports telecast and kids' show that ran on one platform or another, from broadcast networks to Netflix to niche streaming services.
The explosion in streaming content has also, unsurprisingly, led to a rise in streaming consumption. Nielsen says streaming now makes up 19 percent of total TV usage in OTT-capable homes in the last three months of 2019, up from 10 percent in the first quarter of 2018. (Adults spent an average of not quite five hours per day watching video on a TV screen, either linear TV or streaming via a connected device.)

Netflix accounts for the largest share of that streaming usage with 31 percent of usage. YouTube follows with 21 percent, while Hulu grabs 12 percent and Amazon 8 percent. The remaining 28 percent goes to all other streaming brands — including Disney+ and Apple TV+, which launched in November.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Superstore gets a renewal for season 6.

deadline.com

‘Superstore’ Renewed For Season 6 By NBC

NBC’s Thursday comedy anchor Superstore has received an early Season 6 renewal by the network.

Jonathan Tucker cast as lead in ABC pilot "Debris"

deadline.com

Jonathan Tucker To Star In NBC Sci-Fi Drama Pilot ‘Debris’

Jonathan Tucker has been cast as the male lead in Debris, NBC's sci-fi drama pilot from Almost Human creator J.H. Wyman and Legendary Television.
Written by Wyman, Debris is said to be in the vein of The X-Files and Men In Black. In it, two agents from two different continents — and two different mindsets — CIA's Bryan Beneventi (Tucker) and MI6's Finola Jones must, work together to investigate when wreckage from a destroyed alien spacecraft has mysterious effects on humankind.

Tucker's Beneventi is a headstrong, smart CIA operative currently working on the investigation of strange occurrences.

'Game Of Thrones' Alum Nathalie Emmanuel Joins Kevin Hart In Quibi Series 'Die Hart'
deadline.com

‘Game Of Thrones’ Alum Nathalie Emmanuel Joins Kevin Hart In Quibi Series ‘Die Hart’

Game of Thrones alumna Nathalie Emmanuel is set to star opposite Kevin Hart and John Travolta in Quibi comedic action series Die Hart.
Game of Thrones alumna Nathalie Emmanuel is set to star opposite Kevin Hart and John Travolta in Quibi comedic action series Die Hart (fka Action Scene). Production begins this month in Atlanta.

Written by Tripper Clancy and Derek Kolstad and directed by Eric Appel, in Die Hart, Hart plays a fictionalized version of himself who's tired of being the comedic sidekick. He gets his wish when a famous director offers him his dream – to be a leading man action star – but there's a catch: Kevin must first train at the world's greatest action star school, run by a lunatic (Travolta). Pushed to his limits by this action school coach and a tough-minded rival student (Emmanuel), Kevin must survive a series of hilarious, over-the-top action sequences and face his fears if he wants to achieve his dream and land the role of a lifetime.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Superstore gets a renewal for season 6.

deadline.com

‘Superstore’ Renewed For Season 6 By NBC

NBC’s Thursday comedy anchor Superstore has received an early Season 6 renewal by the network.

Jonathan Tucker cast as lead in ABC pilot "Debris"

deadline.com

Jonathan Tucker To Star In NBC Sci-Fi Drama Pilot ‘Debris’

Jonathan Tucker has been cast as the male lead in Debris, NBC's sci-fi drama pilot from Almost Human creator J.H. Wyman and Legendary Television.

'Game Of Thrones' Alum Nathalie Emmanuel Joins Kevin Hart In Quibi Series 'Die Hart'
deadline.com

‘Game Of Thrones’ Alum Nathalie Emmanuel Joins Kevin Hart In Quibi Series ‘Die Hart’

Game of Thrones alumna Nathalie Emmanuel is set to star opposite Kevin Hart and John Travolta in Quibi comedic action series Die Hart.
Is Superstore worth watching? I know it has Colton Dunn and he is one hilarious dude.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
My Brilliant Friend season 2 is now streaming in Europe, two first episodes available on HBO Nordic where I live.

In Italy the first episode premiered to 29,3% market share, the same as the premiere of the first season. ~6,9 million viewers. Second episode market share at 32%

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Is Superstore worth watching? I know it has Colton Dunn and he is one hilarious dude.
It's a better comedy than any other comedy airing and has been since it's debut.

Like it trumps everything you like, including such hits as The Good Place and B99. Guaranteed.

I'm not even exaggerating.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Yes, really funny at times, great ensemble cast, and they have been able to tackle some real issues of being in the working class. Also have done a good job in building up long-term stories. You can catch up on Hulu I believe.
Actually the best part of this show is the little random shots they do with shoppers in the store, sometimes celebrity guests.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
It got real for a bit with ICE and union busting so, yes?
It's a better comedy than any other comedy airing and has been since it's debut.

Like it trumps everything you like, including such hits as The Good Place and B99. Guaranteed.

I'm not even exaggerating.
Yes, really funny at times, great ensemble cast, and they have been able to tackle some real issues of being in the working class. Also have done a good job in building up long-term stories. You can catch up on Hulu I believe.
Oooooh now I'm very interested.

However, I think I understand why it isn't talked about much in Brazil: it's not on streaming. Shows like Brooklyn 99 built a fanbase solely thanks to Netflix carrying it, but Superstore isn't even on Prime Video.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I love her, so this only increases my interest in the show. A shame that Undercovers on NBC back in the day wasn't a better show.

Status
Not open for further replies.