• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Adalian on NY Mag: Why NBC Blanketed the Internet With Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist
In early January, NBC premiered the first episode of its quirky new musical-drama Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist, airing it behind a special episode of Ellen's Game of Games. On Sunday night, the network will finally air the show's next episode. This is not how things usually work in TV — but there is a purpose behind the Peacock's protracted Playlist pause.

NBC has used the long gap between installments of the Jane Levy–led series to make it ubiquitous, striking deals to place the show's first episode on a slew of large digital platforms like YouTube, Hulu, Facebook, and Spotify, while also embedding the hour in ads the network took out on sites such as Playbill, Bustle, and yes, Vulture. NBC's hope: Younger audiences who've been abandoning linear TV will take notice of Zoey before it settles into its weekly broadcast run. "We're approaching the launch and the marketing of the show in a way that would attract the people that might not necessarily come and see it on a linear platform," says Liza Katz, the network's co-head of scripted programming.

Early evidence suggests NBC's strategy may be working. The network tells Vulture that viewership of Zoey on its digital platforms (NBC.com and the NBC app), combined with Hulu, YouTube, and Facebook has been large enough to make it the NBC's top digital launch of all time, surpassing previous record-holder Manifest (which, in fairness, didn't have the advantage of being on YouTube or Facebook). NBC also says between 3.5 million and 4 million have watched the full 43-minute Zoey episode via YouTube alone, matching the 3.7 million people who caught the show via live TV or DVR within a week of its first broadcast on the network.
More via the link.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good news in general but I'm slightly disappointed because Bosch's case of the season format would allow the show to last a lot longer than many other series running for many seasons.

Still, a seven season run is pretty fantastic.
This is where I'm at. I would have been happy with Bosch going for years to come. But 7 is a good run, and at least it will get to end on its own terms. It is just such a solid "police show".

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'Insatiable' Canceled By Netflix After Two Seasons
'Lucifer': Talks Underway For Another Season On Netflix
Netflix is in talks with series producer Warner Bros. TV about another installment of the comic book drama, Deadline has confirmed.

Lucifer started on Fox, which canceled it after three seasons. Netflix rescued the series, extending its run by two seasons. Last summer, the streamer renewed the show for a fifth and "final" season. While 4-5 seasons is typical length for a successful Netflix series, and Lucifer has produced more episodes than a regular Netflix original series (its seasons vary between 13-26 episodes in length), the drama, starring Tom Ellis, has remained a strong performer on the streaming platform. The talks for more episodes were first reported by TVLine.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Is Lucifer the new Supernatural? The fans might keep it alive until the actors are the ones to call it quits.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Feb-13-THU.png

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
When it gets cancelled, we have to make a Happy Endings and/or The Nanny pun since it stars Adam Pally and Fran Drescher.
Fran Drescher seems to be the only one getting mentioned or shown in some promos and its not like she is really the main character so its a little odd. Even though I'm watching, the show isn't that great and I'm probably ready to drop it at this point.

Also, I'd like to preemptively submit to the thread:
"Another Not So Happy Ending" and "NBC Fires The Nanny". Or maybe "No Happy Ending For The Nanny".

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Yes!

Fran Drescher seems to be the only one getting mentioned or shown in some promos and its not like she is really the main character so its a little odd. Even though I'm watching, the show isn't that great and I'm probably ready to drop it at this point.

Also, I'd like to preemptively submit to the thread:
"Another Not So Happy Ending" and "NBC Fires The Nanny". Or maybe "No Happy Ending For The Nanny".
And yes to the bolded!

I meant to watch this show since I like both actors but just kept forgetting to. This whole season for new network sitcoms has been really dismal.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
First trailer for RUN:

oh thats the lady from Unbelievable, I really liked her in it and never saw her in anything else.

I was legit surprised they said season 5 would be the last, it seemed to do great for them, they "saved it" from another network only to turn around and "give up", and it doesnt seem like a expensive show to make.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jude Law and Taika Waititi team up for "The Auteur":
deadline.com

Jude Law & Taika Waititi Team On ‘The Auteur’ Limited Series Eyed By Showtime

Showtime is in negotiations for The Auteur, a limited series from Jojo Rabbit writer-director Taika Waititi and starring Jude Law.
Showtime is in negotiations for The Auteur, a limited series from Jojo Rabbit writer-director Taika Waititi, Peter Warren and Jude Law, who is set to star, sources close to the project tell Deadline. We hear the project hails from Endeavor Content and Legendary Television.

Written by Waititi, the series is believed to be a Hollywood satire, based on the graphic novel of the same name by Rick Spears, with Law playing the title character. Waititi is expected to direct. Eric Gitter of Closed on Mondays executive produces.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It seems as though My Brilliant Friend is coming back for a third season, since apparently, according to an interview, they start filming it in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.