• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I would totally binge all of Supernatural if it was in any of my streaming platforms.

That's right, I said it!

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I didn't even finish Messiah. I watched 5 episodes and then didn't bother with the rest.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Mar-26-THU.png

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'Little Britain': Matt Lucas Says He's Talking To Netflix About Reviving The Iconic UK Sketch Show

deadline.com

‘Little Britain’: Matt Lucas Says He’s Talking To Netflix About Reviving The Iconic UK Sketch Show

Matt Lucas and David Walliams, the creators BBC sketch show Little Britain, have held talks with Netflix about rebooting the comedy.
In an interview with BBC Radio 2 on Friday, Lucas — who has gone on to star in features including Bridesmaids — said he and Walliams sat down with Netflix and there is a chance they could make further episodes for the streamer.

"It might happen. We had a conversation with them a while ago and so the seed was planted in our head. We'd love to bring it back in some way and at some point. We're both quite busy boys, but we're speaking often and one idea was to maybe do a stage show of it again," he said. "It will come back in some form, we're just still figuring out what that will be."

The comments follow a report in British tabloid newspaper The Sun, in which a source claimed that Lucas and Walliams have a telephone meeting with Netflix planned next week and have been offered £3M ($3.6M) to remake the show, which is produced by BBC Studios.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Good to see Castlevania renewed, still making my way through the current season.

I do wish more people checked out Seis Manos, from the same animation studio that was really good as well.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
At this point the CW feels less like a broadcast network and more like a glorified marketing campaign for their shows to find their true audiences on various streaming platforms.

Back when HBO Max rolled out, they claimed that CW shows are 5 of the top 10 most streamed programs by teens. They may be the best example of a traditional media company pivoting to OTT distro.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
One Day at a Time opening with the earned Netflix shade. The episodes are a bit shorter, but otherwise it doesn't feel too different.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Just signed up for a free trial of YouTube TV. Thinking about dropping ATT UVerse for cable and switching to something like YouTube TV to save some money. Will see how I like it over the trial period.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So by dropping my plans for TWD I started up Dark and is very curious but damn if you have to keep your tongue straight to follow everything, I'm not even sure who belongs to which families but I'm only on episode two. I'm also thinking of starting a show about vikings or the likes, but can't decide between Vikings or The Last Kingdom, or maybe I should just continue my GoT watch since I'm only on S2/3. I might check out the pilot episode for both Vikings and The Last Kingdom tonight to see what grabs me.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying Little Fires Everywhere so far. Two episodes in. Interesting characters and layered performances from Kerry Washington and Reese Witherspoon.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the hook? Is it a crime adjacent drama ala big little lies? Or more straight drama (minus the fire)?

So far, no particular crime, just a small incident in an 'in medias res' opening. It's about two families who become unhealthy enmeshed with each other and the interesting dynamics and drama that ensue. It reminds me of the Japanese drama Yakou Kanransha (Ferris Wheel at Night) which had some similar themes of fish out of water and social dynamics across social strata in a wealthy setting. Anyway, just watched the third episode and enjoyed it a lot. The plot becomes increasingly engrossing.

Oct 25, 2017
American idol making changes, but I dont know if even by then they can do live shows again

The network is spreading its next two episodes, set in Aulani, across two weeks rather than one. The next two episodes will air on Sunday March 29 between 8pm and 10pm and Sunday April 5 in the same timeslot. It was previously planned to have the Hawaii showcase eps run on March 29 and March 30.

On Sunday April 12 and Sunday April 19, it will air American Idol: This is Me, which will look at the lives of our Top 20 contestants, with unseen footage and performance highlights.
deadline.com

‘American Idol’: ABC Shifts Schedule For Talent Show As It Explores Options For Live Shows

ABC has shifted scheduling for American Idol amidst the Coronavirus pandemic and is exploring “multiple” options for its live shows.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
So by dropping my plans for TWD I started up Dark and is very curious but damn if you have to keep your tongue straight to follow everything, I'm not even sure who belongs to which families but I'm only on episode two. I'm also thinking of starting a show about vikings or the likes, but can't decide between Vikings or The Last Kingdom, or maybe I should just continue my GoT watch since I'm only on S2/3. I might check out the pilot episode for both Vikings and The Last Kingdom tonight to see what grabs me.

The more you watch Dark, the more things begin to click into place.

Haven't watched The Last Kingdom, but can co-sign Vikings. The early seasons in particular are really good. If you have already started GOT though, I would continue that. Some excellent stuff is still ahead.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The more you watch Dark, the more things begin to click into place.

Haven't watched The Last Kingdom, but can co-sign Vikings. The early seasons in particular are really good. If you have already started GOT though, I would continue that. Some excellent stuff is still ahead.
Yes, Dark is definitely one I look to finish.

I actually just finished the pilot episode of Vikings S1. While it didn't have any interesting setup or hook per se, it has set up characters who I partially care about. I can see Ragna getting himself into some shit going against the order of Earl the chief by going West to unknown regions, and the intro already teased trouble. And I hope we get to see him train Bjorn for a couple of seasons and then sees him grown up in a time-skip for a revenge story or something. Just speculating here. And I can very much get behind a character like Legertha. She just diffused two men who had come to rape her, with a sword. And she told Rocco he may be a great warrior but perhaps not such a great man after he insulted her. Strong character right here.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
The latest episode of Hawaii Five-0 looked like they wanted to introduce Lincoln Cole (the good samaritan played by Lance Gross) to replace the character of Steve McGarrett if the show was renewed and Alex O'Loughlin wasn't coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.