• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Thursday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Mar-12-THU.png
Katy Keene is a CW show? Also coming to Brazil via HBO, weirdest contrast ever.
variety.com

Sony’s ‘Nightingale,’ ‘Wheel of Time’ Shoots Suspended in Europe Over Coronavirus Fears (EXCLUSIVE)

Production in Hungary and the Czech Republic is grinding to a halt as both countries impose harsh measures to slow the virus's spread.
Something Wheel of Time related getting delayed is completely unsurprising, although this time it's unavoidable.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Eveeything is shutting down after today now. Like, literally everything.
There's going to be a bizarre period of 3-6 months in the near future where the amount of TV/film content released will be very limited due to delays in production.

Maybe it's all a ploy to make us actually try to clean our backlog.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Is a writers strike still a possibility this year? Or did they come to an agreement?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's going to be a bizarre period of 3-6 months in the near future where the amount of TV/film content released will be very limited due to delays in production.

Maybe it's all a ploy to make us actually try to clean our backlog.
Everyone will probably take a look at what they've got in the can and alter some dates so content is spread out. Like maybe instead of 3 new dramas on Netflix across a month, it will be 1 per month. Most are optimistic the shutdown will only last for about a month though. Of course it's all a developing situation.
Is a writers strike still a possibility this year? Or did they come to an agreement?
Still possible, but the whole covid situation is going to complicate things.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
How well equipped are animation studios to work remotely? I'm wondering if those will be impacted as heavily as live-action productions.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
How is this? I wasn't sure if this was Canadian Nordic Noir or Canadian True Detective.
Cardinal's more Canadian Nordic Noir than Canadian True Detective but it's very solid and enjoyable, just a straightforward nitty gritty detective thriller without any supernatural hocus-pocus. Helps that it looks fucking gorgeous at times, some beautiful cinematography.

It's on Hulu in the US, six episodes per season, so it's not a huge commitment and it doesn't overstay its welcome.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Cardinal's more Canadian Nordic Noir than Canadian True Detective but it's very solid and enjoyable, just a straightforward nitty gritty detective thriller without any supernatural hocus-pocus. Helps that it looks fucking gorgeous at times, some beautiful cinematography.

It's on Hulu in the US, six episodes per season, so it's not a huge commitment and it doesn't overstay its welcome.
Hrm, is it a new case every season?
I saw it advertised quite a bit the first year it came out but never gave it a shot for whatever reason.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
tvline.com

Superstore Cuts Season Short Due to Coronavirus — Will America Ferrera’s Amy Get a Proper Farewell?

'Superstore' is shutting down production on Season 5 one episode early, a move that could hinder the show's ability to give America Ferrera's Amy a proper goodbye

An NBC insider confirms that Superstore will not be able to shoot its planned season finale — episode 22 — as a result of the widespread coronavirus-fueled work stoppage gripping Hollywood. As a result, the penultimate 21st episode, which wrapped production on Friday, will now function as the Season 5 finale.

In the aforementioned Instagram story, Ferrera hinted that she might return next season to ensure Amy gets a proper goodbye. "I assume [this] means we'll be coming back when things clear up to finish Amy's storyline," she said. "But I'm about to shoot my last scene [of Season 5]… right now."

And the following keeps getting updated with more shows.

tvline.com

Coronavirus Crisis: 100+ TV Shows Halt Production — View Complete List

Cancelled TV Shows List: Coronavirus production delays on Grey's Anatomy, Stranger Things, Chicago Fire, FBI, The Good Fight, NCIS and more.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
tvline.com

Superstore Cuts Season Short Due to Coronavirus — Will America Ferrera’s Amy Get a Proper Farewell?

'Superstore' is shutting down production on Season 5 one episode early, a move that could hinder the show's ability to give America Ferrera's Amy a proper goodbye
I wonder now if America Ferrera will stay on for the first couple of episodes of season 6. It'd be nice as well since their 100th episode was coming up and she wasn't scheduled to be on it.

Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

tvline.com

Cancelled TV Shows List: Coronavirus production delays on Grey's Anatomy, Stranger Things, Chicago Fire, FBI, The Good Fight, NCIS and more.
surprised some daytime talkshows are still getting episodes, dont they care about their staff.

Though assuming numbers increase, I imagine only news will be left

Also if this last 2-3 months...

Oct 25, 2017
Missed American Idol being affected

deadline.com

‘Family Feud’ Shuts Down, ‘America’s Got Talent’ Wraps Auditions Early, ‘American Idol’ Live Shows Uncertain As Fremantle Monitors Coronavirus Crisis

Fremantle’s syndicated game show Family Feud has become the latest entertainment TV program to suspend production in response to the fast growing coronavirus pandemic. The Fremantle series had switched to tapings without an audience Thursday. Fremantle’s America’s Got Talent, which also went...

The company's ABC reality series American idol is currently on hiatus as pre-taped audition rounds are airing. The singing competition is slated to start live show production in April though that may be impacted by the spread of COVID-19. A decision will be made closer to the scheduled production start date.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
not sure if it was known but Patriot Act is back March 29th, curious to see how many episodes they filmed before this corona shit got real bad, I'm not sure how their production works, the episodes are usually pretty relevant to whats happening at the time, and they clearly wont be filming these days, certainly not with a audience.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Missed American Idol being affected

deadline.com

‘Family Feud’ Shuts Down, ‘America’s Got Talent’ Wraps Auditions Early, ‘American Idol’ Live Shows Uncertain As Fremantle Monitors Coronavirus Crisis

Fremantle’s syndicated game show Family Feud has become the latest entertainment TV program to suspend production in response to the fast growing coronavirus pandemic. The Fremantle series had switched to tapings without an audience Thursday. Fremantle’s America’s Got Talent, which also went...
On Friday this article was titled "50+ shows", on Saturday updated to "70+ shows", and now it's "90+ shows".

tvline.com

Oct 25, 2017
if the president is truly suggesting things wont be back to normal until july/august then i guess second half of spring tv, and most summer is just going to be empty.

(i guess all sports can do make up games/races to fill airspace).

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't finish production and want to push it back until it is done
Ah, THAT makes sense.

At this rate, "The Crown" will be the only production still filming.
deadline.com

‘The Crown’ Keeps Calm & Carries On Amid Coronavirus Crisis

The Crown is one of the few shows that will not be blown off course by the coronavirus catastrophe currently gripping global television and film productions. Left Bank Pictures has decided to forge…

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping Roswell already wrapped filming.

Yeah, I had wondered about that. Considering the show is just staring up this week. I think it only has a 13 episode run, but even still, not certain if they would have wrapped up production for the whole season.

But what I wonder more on, especially considering it's a CBS show and CBS' stance on all their shows shutting down, is MacGyver. Not on the list at all. It's only like 5-6 episodes into the season and it's supposed to have a full season count (at least 22 episodes). Has the season already been completely filmed?

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Big Brother is likely delayed or they'll fast track it.

Same with other reality fill ins before the Games.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Big Brother is likely delayed or they'll fast track it.

Same with other reality fill ins before the Games.
Tune into BB Canada that started a couple of weeks ago.

Episodes and live streams are free and don't need an account of any kind, I just don't know if they're geoblocked.

www.bigbrothercanada.ca

Watch Big Brother Canada Online | Stream Season 12 Full Episodes Free | BBCAN12 - Official Site

Watch new episodes of Big Brother Canada Season 12 (2024) online the next day for free. Stream full-length episodes of new and past seasons, Digital Dailies episodes, highlights, behind-the-scenes exclusives, and more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Tune into BB Canada that started a couple of weeks ago.

Episodes and live streams are free and don't need an account of any kind, I just don't know if they're geoblocked.

www.bigbrothercanada.ca

Watch Big Brother Canada Online | Stream Season 12 Full Episodes Free | BBCAN12 - Official Site

Watch new episodes of Big Brother Canada Season 12 (2024) online the next day for free. Stream full-length episodes of new and past seasons, Digital Dailies episodes, highlights, behind-the-scenes exclusives, and more.
OH SHIT, THEY PICKED THE MOST INSANE TIME.

Status
Not open for further replies.