Not open for further replies.
So Long, Marianne
  • Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
    Jun 11, 2018
    Netflix cancels another: Marianne

bloody-disgusting.com

Netflix’s “Marianne” Will Not Be Returning for a Second Season

Sadly, another great show bites the dust. One of our favorite new horror projects of 2019 was Netflix‘s “Marianne,” a gripping eight episodes of television led by Victoire Du Bois. Charming, scary and emotional, the French series was the talk of the horror community when it hit the streaming...

Awesome show so I expected it to be canceled.
    2019-2020 Season TV Cancellations/Pilots: So Long, Marianne

It's right there.

Poof goes The Magicians
  • Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
    Oct 25, 2017
    Syfy, Sera Gamble & John McNamara Address the End of 'The Magicians'
    If magic comes from pain, then a lot of folks are gonna be pulling hankies out of a hat today because it has just announced that The Magicians will be ending with its current fifth season, concluding with the April 1 episode.

"The Magicians has been a part of our Syfy family for five fantastic seasons. As we near the end of this journey, we want to thank John McNamara, Sera Gamble, Henry Alonso Myers, Lev Grossman, and our entire brilliant cast, crew, writers and directors for their beautiful creation. But most of all, we thank the fans for their tremendous support and passion. Because of you, magic will be in our hearts forever," the network said in a statement.

Florida Girls catches Flack, cancelled with the Best Intentions
  • Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
    Banned
    Oct 25, 2017
    Pop TV cancels three of its original series: "Flack", "Florida Girls", and "Best Intentions"

variety.com

Three Pop TV Original Series Not Moving Forward as ViacomCBS Shifts Toward Owned IP (EXCLUSIVE)

Pop's hit series "Schitt's Creek" remains a network cornerstone, with the finale set to be simulcast on three ViacomCBS networks
    Pop TV is paring down its scripted programming commitments as dust continues to settle from the Viacom-CBS merger. Variety has learned exclusively that three original series — "Flack," "Florida Girls," and "Best Intentions" — will not move ahead at the network. Their respective studios will be free to shop the shows to other outlets.

According to multiple sources, studio partners were informed at the beginning of this week that the shows would not be continuing at Pop. Production on at least two of the shows was scheduled to begin soon.

Found in Space
  • Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
    Oct 25, 2017
    'Lost In Space' Renewed For Third & Final Season By Netflix
    Netflix has renewed Lost in Space for a third season to premiere in 2021. It will be the family sci-fi adventure's last, featuring the conclusion of the Robinson Family's epic space journey towards Alpha Centauri.
    "From the beginning, we've always viewed this particular story of The Robinsons as a trilogy," Estrin said. "A three part epic family adventure with a clear beginning, middle and end. It's also worth noting that, with what these characters go through just trying to survive each episode — if anyone deserves to catch their breath before their next mission — it's Will, Penny, Judy, Maureen, John, Don West, Dr. Smith… and The Robot. And, of course, Debbie the Chicken. So while this chapter of Lost In Space is coming to a rousing conclusion, I'm excited about continuing to explore new stories with my friends at Netflix, and for all of the incredible possibilities that lie ahead."

While the decision may have been driven by creative, Lost In Space is the latest Netflix series to end after three seasons. It also comes from an outside studio, Legendary Television, as Netflix increasingly is producing the lion share of its original series slate.

Without a Plan, Tommy Broke Carol's Second Act
  • Deleted member 5853

Banned
    Oct 25, 2017
    TruTV isn't sorry
  • Deleted member 5853

Banned
    Oct 25, 2017
    The COVID cancellations continue: TruTV's "I'm Sorry" sees renewal reversed.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘I’m Sorry’ Canceled at TruTV Due to COVID

TruTV has canceled its scripted comedy 'I'm Sorry,' citing circumstances created by the coronavirus pandemic.

TruTV has canceled its scripted comedy I'm Sorry, citing circumstances created by the coronavirus pandemic.

The cancellation comes despite the WarnerMedia cable network having picked up a third season in June 2019. Created by and starring Andrea Savage, I'm Sorry had been about two weeks into production on season three before the pandemic shut down production in March.

"Due to circumstances created by COVID, we unfortunately cannot move forward with production on the third season of I'm Sorry," a TruTV spokesperson said. "We admire Andrea Savage's irreverent voice and fresh take on parenthood and are so proud of the show she and her cast and crew created. She was a great partner for many years and we truly wish everyone well."

Status
    Not open for further replies.