• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

January 4th, so right after it airs on the BBC I believe (I think the episodes air January 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th no?)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The Good Place is, to me, one of the best comedy shows on TV right now.

Agreed. I know the philosophy discussions aren't absurdly in-depth, but that's done for a reason because philosophy is boring most of the time and you can't make a sitcom revolve around it without using it in inventive ways.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings:

ABC's "The Great American Baking Show" premiered with a series low, and is down 0.2 from last year's season average.
CBS's "Young Sheldon," "The Unicorn," and "Mom" all went down 0.1 each from last week, while "Carol's Second Act" and "Evil" held steady.
NBC's "Superstore" is down 0.1 from its last new episode three weeks ago. Plus, it aired at a different time than usual. "Perfect Harmony" is even with its last new episode despite airing at a different time.
Fox's "NFL Thursday Night Football" is way, way down from last week (by 1.3). I'm guessing the game wasn't that interesting?
The CW's night held steady from last week.

Fast-Demo-2019-12-THU.png

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Ravens-Jets was an ass kicking on paper, all people seen it for was Lamar to break Vick's record which happened in the first 5 minutes.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
I didn't know Superstore was on.. I looked at the grid and saw Ellen was in its hour and didn't go past... So I guess its on Hulu tonight...good to know...

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Ravens-Jets was an ass kicking on paper, all people seen it for was Lamar to break Vick's record which happened in the first 5 minutes.
Oh, well that rating makes sense then.

I didn't know Superstore was on.. I looked at the grid and saw Ellen was in its hour and didn't go past... So I guess its on Hulu tonight...good to know...
Yeah, it was really weird that NBC just plopped a random episode in the middle of December after it wasn't on for 3 weeks, and won't be on again until January. Still better than ABC's scheduling though. Lol.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Stephenson likes to joke that Snow Crash has been optioned so often that he's gotten more money than if they just made a movie the first time.
Yeah. On the bright side, Cornish has stuck with it. I think this is the third iteration he's developed over the last 7-8 years (first as a movie, then a series for Amazon, now HBO Max).

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I personally love season 2. The first four episodes or so are a little slow, and it can feel like the show has lost progress it made in season one.

I'm near the end of the season now and I still feel like most of the progress the characters made in S1 hasn't been made up for yet.

It's still a great season though, much better than season 3 was. Season 4 right now is okay

So downhill from here?

...ok fine Ratsky fine, ill share my shame with the world. I too stopped at S2 even tho I loved S1, not even because I wanted to stop just...I kinda lost interest :(

:(

Expect nothing more than mildly amusing and high school level level philosophy and it's okay.

Basically!

That takes a bit of a back seat as well as the twists that happened on Season 1, but the comedy still holds up. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is a good comparison. It's not as crazy or innovative but just as funny.

I still need to watch CXG...

Ironic considering Poppy Montgomery's last show was so unforgettable.

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
I had no recollection of this so I watched the trailer and I'm still drawing a blank. I know it was a summer series but it surprises me I don't even remember hearing about it. 😆
I didn't watch it, but it was a (presumably) cheap international co production that ABC aired over the summer. I hadn't thought about I since it saw it on the schedule, so it would be easy to forget even hearing about it.

And lol @ that thread title

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I'm near the end of the season now and I still feel like most of the progress the characters made in S1 hasn't been made up for yet.

So downhill from here?

I still need to watch CXG...
Oh, no by all means keep going. It's not going to be a long series when it's all said and done. Season 2 is still really good but it dips a bit in season 3. Season 4 as a whole right now is still solid and I have high hopes for the finale.

I also need to watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. The first episode was really good but for some reason I didn't watch the rest.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight I learned people watched the good place expecting deep dives on philosophy. The show is wholesome dorky fun and I never expected anything more. Presumably I enjoyed it more because of that

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings:

ABC's "American Housewife" went up 0.1 from its last new episode two weeks ago. "Fresh Off the Boat" held steady. "20/20" went down 0.1 from two weeks ago.
CBS, NBC, and Fox's lineups held steady from last week.

Fast-Demo-2019-Dec-13-FRI.png

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
With most shows taking a break for the winter, it's time to catch up on the earlier episodes of Superstore.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blame Freemantle, not Starz!
Very true in this situation, though it weirdly feels like Starz is past its prime... or at least on a major downturn. Not a big fan of any of their current programming, and there isn't too much interesting on the horizon either. I don't know if it's due to Lionsgate's purchase of the network or just coincidental. Or maybe I'm just feeling the unfilled void left by Black Sails.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I dropped Starz because the only reason i had it was for Ash vs the Evil Dead and American Gods, and I don't have the income to keep buying for a thing I don't need now that I'm not watching both. XD

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ash VS Evil Dead definitely died too soon. It was performing better than most of their current shows too (some of which were already around) , which makes its cancellation even weirder.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Very true in this situation, though it weirdly feels like Starz is past its prime... or at least on a major downturn. Not a big fan of any of their current programming, and there isn't too much interesting on the horizon either. I don't know if it's due to Lionsgate's purchase of the network or just coincidental. Or maybe I'm just feeling the unfilled void left by Black Sails.

Don't you like Stephen Amell 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.