• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Haha, fair enough. I like it because it's a sunny show in January. lol
But also they've changed the lead characters so many times that even though the formula is stale, it's still different every few seasons. Sort of like Law and Order I suppose.

That's true, my mom and I were confused when they first did a cast change because I wasn't expecting it. XD

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
More Bloys quotes from Deadline:

"I think the thing with Big Little Lies is you have a group of people who all really love working together but obviously they're some of the most high-profile people working in entertainment. Reese, Nicole, Zoe, Laura, everybody is so busy. It would be great to get the band back together at some point but right now everybody is so busy and there's no idea, where we're all saying 'that makes perfect sense'. I think it's more of one of those 'someday'," he told Deadline.
Didn't stop them when it came to season 2.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
There it is.

Cinemax is officially dead.

What's most baffling is that: "We're not planning to bring the Cinemax content into the service [HBO Max] overall."

What the actual fuck???

I'm guessing that means Warrior is not going to move forward after S2 and Jett is totally dead. They're still planning to air Gangs of London though, at least.

Dammit

Disappointing to hear. I believe you speculated this could happen.

The no Cinemax content on HBO Max is shocking to hear, as they did have a string of great shows that could have benefited from a potential wider audience :(

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I'm guessing that means Warrior is not going to move forward after S2 and Jett is totally dead. They're still planning to air Gangs of London though, at least.
This news really ruined my week. Warrior was my favourite show last year. Unless Warrior was designed around two seasons, I really don't see why they couldn't have moved it over. Cinemax also has other great shows as well. Banshee, The Knick so are they going to just fade away? I just initially assumed Cinemax would have been apart of HBO Max it would have at least made sense to put these shows on Max to see how they perform before giving up unless there's something behind the scenes we don't know about.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I just initially assumed Cinemax would have been apart of HBO Max it would have at least made sense to put these shows on Max to see how they perform before giving up unless there's something behind the scenes we don't know about.

I think everyone assumed Cinemax's content would be available on HBO Max (the name even suggests a combination of HBO and Cinemax, ffs!) because why the hell wouldn't it be? Possibly continuing Warrior and Jett on the service seemed like a reasonable prediction.

It doesn't make any sense.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
^^ Not situated in Iraq, but Afghanistan: 68 Whiskey (Paramount Network)

A dark comedy following a multicultural mix of men and women deployed as Army medics to a forward operating base in Afghanistan nicknamed "The Orphanage." Together, they endure a dangerous and Kafkaesque world that leads to self-destructive appetites, outrageous behavior, intense camaraderie and occasionally, a profound sense of purpose.

Premiered yesterday.

Close enough I guess.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Speaking of Netflix; I just read that they raised the price in Belgium as of today by 2 euro. Standard HD is now €12,99 and Premium
€15,99

I wonder how long before the Netherlands follow suit.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, watched both seasons of Mindhunter last year and it's one of the best shows on Netflix in a loong time. Hopefully we'll get season 3 eventually but sounds like Fincher is just too busy.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Peacock is making a MacGruber TV show and a show based on the McElroy Brothers' D&D podcast?

The Adventure Zone
Based on the McElroy Family's wildly popular Dungeons & Dragons podcast and No. 1 New York Times best-selling graphic novel series, The Adventure Zone is a side-splitting and heart-filled fantasy animated comedy series that follows an unlikely, poorly equipped trio and their beleaguered Dungeon Master as they reluctantly embark on a quest to save their world.
Writer/executive producer: Adam Higgs (Orphan Black)
Executive producers: Clint McElroy, Justin McElroy, Travis McElroy, Griffin McElroy
MacGruber
After rotting in prison for over a decade, America's ultimate hero and uber patriot MacGruber is finally released. His mission: to take down a mysterious villain from his past — Brigadier Commander Enos Queeth. With the entire world in the crosshairs, MacGruber (Will Forte), Vicki and Piper must race against time to defeat the forces of evil. Only to find that evil ... may be lurking within.
Writer/executive producer/star: Will Forte
Writer/director/executive producer: Jorma Taccone
Writer/executive producer: John Solomon
Executive producers: Lorne Michaels, John Goldwyn, Andrew Singer & Erin David (Broadway Video)
Studio: Universal Television

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Peacock is making a MacGruber TV show and a show based on the McElroy Brothers' D&D podcast?

Man, Peacock's slate just feels like an executive found a some old NBC pilot scripts that fell behind a filing cabinet in someone's office. I've actually been very impressed by what HBO Max have managed to put together for their initial slate but so far Peacock's slate feels really directionless and stale. What's the point in jumping into the streaming game like this if all you're bringing is NBC 2.0?

A dude I played Gears of War with over a decade ago now has a TV show...

Man, the perks for signing up for Game Pass are impressive.

Is he in front of or behind the camera out of curiousity?

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Peacock's slate just feels like an executive found a some old NBC pilot scripts that fell behind a filing cabinet in someone's office. I've actually been very impressed by what HBO Max have managed to put together for their initial slate but so far Peacock's slate feels really directionless and stale. What's the point in jumping into the streaming game like this if all you're bringing is NBC 2.0?

Man, the perks for signing up for Game Pass are impressive.

Is he in front of or behind the camera out of curiousity?
He was underneath my chainsaw.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Hulu with a Free Tier but locks almost everything.

I did the math and if you got say Netflix, Disney, Hulu, HBO and now Peacock.

You would be paying 50 a month.

Last edited:

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The Tonight Show and Late Night Will Stream Hours Before They Air on NBC
In a dramatic shift to the long-established TV order, NBCUniversal will move the premiere telecasts of NBC flagship late-night stalwarts The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and Late Night with Seth Meyers to the company's new streaming service Peacock. Starting in July, the two shows will stream on Peacock at 8 and 9 p.m. EDT respectively each weeknight, with the NBC broadcast network essentially airing a rerun of each show three-and-a-half hours later. Peacock will announce the decision this afternoon at an investor's conference.

While NBC execs aren't talking (yet) about their thinking behind the move, NBC's affiliated TV stations, which pay substantial fees for the rights to NBC shows, will likely not love the idea of two important pieces of nightly programming being made available to streaming audiences first. This could be one reason why Peacock says its so-called "late night early" feature will only be available as part of Peacock Premium, a special tier available for free to authenticated cable subscribers (starting at launch with Comcast and Cox customers, or roughly 24 million homes) and for $4.95 (or $9.95 without ads) to anyone else. Tonight and Late Night will not stream early on the free version of Peacock, which will contain ads and be available to all consumers.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Free interests me because I have been thinking about HBO Max. If they have a yearly purchase option for it, I'd be more willing to go for it.

Way more interested in Peacock now with this confirmed news.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they have the entire library of "L&O: Criminal Intent", I might be in. My mom loves CI, so this would be nice for her.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The new Walking Dead show, World Beyond, will only last 2 seasons - which is really interesting and makes me way more excited for it.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that kind of makes me more excited too. A nice small, side story for the series should hopefully be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.