• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I had completely missed that Tropper left Warrior to work on See. I assume that's post-S2 of Warrior? Tropper also has a co-writing credit on the S1 finale of See.

Warrior S2 was gearing up for production before it was even announced, so I imagine it's been done for a while. He might've joined See S1 just for something to do between seasons 2 and 3 of Warrior, and once he found out Warrior wasn't continuing, joined See full time? Maybe?

At any rate, him being the showrunner of See now kind of makes me want to catch up...

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a network wide thing, as another of their upcoming shows, '61st Street', is also only going to be 2 seasons.
Interesting. I wonder if they'll end up with one of these hitting and backtrack. They seem to survive off of the back of a few high profile shows - can't imagine they'd be around if Breaking Bad or TWD only lasted a couple seasons lol Guess we'll see how it plays out.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I wonder if they'll end up with one of these hitting and backtrack. They seem to survive off of the back of a few high profile shows - can't imagine they'd be around if Breaking Bad or TWD only lasted a couple seasons lol Guess we'll see how it plays out.

Well, it's not for every show - just some. They'll still have shows that aim for like 5+ seasons.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Reposting from other thread but we got Peacock news!

launches April 15 for Comcast/Cox subscribers
June 15 for everyone
3 tiers free/$4.99/$9.99
More details here

I use Comcast and I will probably only use this for 1-2 shows, and will prob just stay at free tier. Don't want to get the free year or whatever is offered, and then forget to cancel the sub or anything. They both have ads anyways, and I don't care to get shows as "early access" or whatever. My backlog is only JUST starting to thin out, now.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I'm okay with this. Just as long as BB and it's not like it can go forever. I am sure these last two seasons will really bring it as far as it can go into BB's timeframe. I do wonder though how much we'll really get of the post-BB Saul we've seen glimpses of each season premiere.

I feel the same, and I'm surprised it's been able to retain its quality after so many seasons, only because I thought it was originally going to be like, I dunno, 3 seasons tops? I figured "how much can be told as a prequel?" Glad I was wrong and that it's been just as good as Breaking Bad was - a rarity with prequels.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising at all, felt like the show was winding down and once it seemed like they weren't ending with 5 it felt like it had to end with S6.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
grown-ish ended in a rather crazy twist to one of its supporting characters.

As for the latest cancellations... Sorry For Your Loss, It's not all good, man.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Audience Network and Cinemax both dead in the span of a week...who's next?

Ah, so it was Facebook:

Going forward, the company will be pairing down significantly their scripted development efforts. Word around town is that Facebook is leaving the scripted business. Sources close to the situation indicate that Facebook is not closing the door completely on original scripted programming if the right project came along but its focus is shifting to unscripted fare where it's had more success and better traction with Facebook users.

Aw I've always been meaning to watch Sorry for Your Loss.
Both were shows I told myself I'd watch one day, but now I likely won't bother.

It's a great show. The second season doesn't end in the very best of places for the characters, but it's certainly worth watching despite the cancellation.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017

Grownish is back? I wonder why that hasn't been recording on my DVR. While definitely a different tone of black-ish I enjoyed it for what it was through the first 2 seasons. Haven't watched mixed-ish though.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

I think I may know what it is due to seeing some stuff on Twitter when I actually visited it for once. Is it something aside from the commercial that was promo-ing this season?

Grownish is back? I wonder why that hasn't been recording on my DVR. While definitely a different tone of black-ish I enjoyed it for what it was through the first 2 seasons. Haven't watched mixed-ish though.
Its back as of last night.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Even though I jokingly said Lieutenant Colonel Hawkeye Pierce I think they mean Alda should be a producer/writer on the show.

I'm not sure how that would work unless Hawkeye was somehow drafted again. lol

Start the first episode with him being drafted again because he skipped out too soon originally. (Non-joking answer, it was already his second war. There was a special doctor draft.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Jan-16-THU.png

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Hopefully the Facebook shows have their existing episodes sold to Netflix or Hulu or some sort of decent streaming platform so that I can watch them. Realistically it just won't happen on FB.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't a huge fan of the first season of Dollface but I'm willing to give the second one a chance because sometimes they improve a lot afterwards.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding a few of their other shows:
Hulu content boss Craig Erwich has opened up about the future of three dramas – Reprisal, Light As A Feather and Castle Rock.

Erwich, who was speaking at his exec session at the Winter TCA panel, told Deadline it was "continuing to evaluate" whether to hand Abigail Spencer-fronted Reprisal a second season, "has not made any further decisions on Castle Rock" and is "continuing to talk" about Light As A Feather.

Status
Not open for further replies.