• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone else was interested in watching Burden of Truth Season 2, the full season is finally up on Hulu. I was waiting since April and since that time only episodes 4-8 were available on CW, and none were available elsewhere, including a la carte on iTunes or Amazon. The first season was great so I'm looking forward to watching this.

I enjoyed this, but the fact that they dropped one episode now and are waiting a month and a half to continue the series on a different night does not give me massive faith for its longevity.

Yeah I didn't see the scheduling till now. That's freaking crazy. I'm interested to check it out though.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Jan-08-WED.png

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

- Breeders: March 2 (FX)
The series, titled "Breeders," is described as exposing the parental-paradox that it is possible, in the very same moment, to love your child to the horizon of the universe, while being apoplectically angry enough to want to send them there. Martin Freeman stars as a caring father discovering he's not quite the man he thought he was.

FX has ordered a 10-episode season and is slated to debut in 2020.

Simon Blackwell will serve as showrunner.
- Dave: March 4 (FXX)
The show centers on Dave (Burd), a suburban neurotic man in his late 20s who has convinced himself that he's destined to be one of the best rappers of all time. Now he must convince his closest friends, because with their help, he might actually convince the world.
- Devs: March 5 (Hulu)
- Better Things: March 5 (FX)
- Cake: March 5 (FXX)
- Ms. America: April 15 (Hulu)
- What We Do in the Shadows: April 15 (FX)
- Fargo: April 19 (FX)
- Archer: May 6 (FXX)

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so Devs is exclusively on FX on Hulu as in not premiering on FX on March 4? Or am I misunderstanding? Also nice to get a date for Archer. I'm hopeful for this next season and what they do with it.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently so, same with Ms. America. There are a few more too, I think.
Hm, a little surprising. So it seems like FX on Hulu gets absolutely everything since FX and FXX will share with them; doubt the FX and FXX will have exclusives cause that probably won't make any sense for them.. Guess there isn't enough space in the schedule to put all shows there. Pretty glad that I still have Hulu right now.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hm, a little surprising. So it seems like FX on Hulu gets absolutely everything since FX and FXX will share with them; doubt the FX and FXX will have exclusives cause that probably won't make any sense for them.. Guess there isn't enough space in the schedule to put all shows there. Pretty glad that I still have Hulu right now.

I think the Jeff Bridges show, The Old Man, is also going straight to Hulu

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Number Of Scripted TV Series Tops 500 In 2019
There were 532 scripted drama and comedy series on TV in 2019, a 7% gain from 2018, FX Networks Chairman John Landgraf said at the top of the company TCA session.

Landgraf originated his annual tally in 2015 when he proclaimed, "There is simply too much television," predicting that a decline will begin after 2016. A year later, he revised his projection as scripted volume continued to explode, driven by the rise of streamers.

Over the past decade, the number of scripted series has more than doubled, from 216 in 2010 to 532 in 2019, with the total growing every single year.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"Initially, his intent was to make 16 episodes that would be broken up into eight and eight. He came back to us recently because things went so well in the writers room and asked if we would support 10 episodes. We said yes. So the first of those two seasons will be 10," Landgraf said.

Landgraf also explained that the show will continue to film in Atlanta, where most of the show has been previously set. However, these next two seasons will add an additional layer to the production process.

"They're going to shoot them all in sequence. A good chunk of it shoots outside the United States, which is fascinating," Landgraf said.

Glover's recent participation in the new Disney version of "The Lion King" helped to delay the series, but the show is intending to be back with both of those seasons in the upcoming calendar year.

"The plan is that one would air I think in January, so early next year. And then the other would air, I think, later that year, somewhere around the fall. There'll be less than a year break between them. I can't tell you how excited I am," Landgraf said.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Region locked trailers on YouTube is by far the dumbest shit ever invented.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'Gone Hollywood': FX Not Going Forward With 1980s Talent Agency Drama Pilot
FX has passed on Gone Hollywood, its period drama pilot from from Tes Griffin and Scott Rudin.

Written by and directed by Griffin, Gone Hollywood was set in 1980s and centered on a group of talent agents who defect from an old-guard percentery to found their own, which skyrockets to industry dominance, disrupting the business and changing movies forever. The show was to mix its fictional protagonists with real-life entertainment figures and events.

While Gone Hollywood will not be going forward, FX brass are said to e interested in exploring the cutthroat world of talent agencies in a TV series.

Gone Hollywood was one of two drama pilots in the works at FX. The other, B.J. Novak's Platform, just wrapped production and is very much in contention for a pickup, I hear.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I am really surprised that Bong is letting Parasite get adapted so quickly. I'm sure the paycheck is nice, but this is extremely unnecessary.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that Mrs. America cast is stacked. Surprised they aren't showing it on FX proper. Really shows their commitment to streaming.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot Fargo season 4 was this year. Real curious about that one after season 3 was okay but not as strong.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018

This latest round of revival chatter started when Firefly's former showrunner Tim Minear recently tweeted out an old photo from the last day of shooting on Firefly, just as Fox entertainment president Michael Thorn was doing a press junket for the Television Critics Association. So naturally the question came up.

"The macro answer is, any time we look at one of our classic titles, if there's a way to reinvent it for today so it's as resonant now as the original was, and is, to the fans, we're wide open," Thorn told The Wrap. "In this crowded marketplace, if you can start with some kind of brand awareness and IP that has a vocal support and, in this case, a crazy, passionate love for it, you're ahead of the game."

Thorn added that he personally loved Firefly and had seen every episode. While the possibility of a revival had been raised before at Fox, "We had The Orville on the air, and it didn't make sense for us to have, as a broadcast network who is very targeted, to have two space franchises on our air," he said.
So what does Minear think about the chances of a Firefly revival? "We have talked about different permutations and how that might work," he told The Wrap. "Do you take two of the characters and put them in a different place and sort of retell a new story with two old characters, with new characters?"

And while the former cast members all retain fond memories of their time on the show, most of them are working on other shows right now, making it a challenge to work around their respective schedules. That's why Minear thinks any revival would likely be a limited series: "I would love to see, like, an eight- or 10-episode limited adventure in that universe."

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Firefly revival? lol that reminds me of this dig at FOX Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion did as part of the Indiegogo funding campaign for the show Con Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.