• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Watched 4 episodes of Medical Police last night and loved it.

Any free streaming sources of Children's Hospital. Price to buy on Amazon seems pretty steep given the episodes are so short.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The twist with a certain character in the last two episodes was really surprising to us but in retrospect made a lot of sense. It was a disturbing turn of events though and not where I thought the series was heading. That said I also didn't like the the footnote/cliffhanger
with the little kid becoming the new host for the Crooked Man
because I think the way for it to play out is likely super cheesy and reminds me of the movie Identity and the movie Looper. But all that being said, I still enjoyed the finale a lot, I think the characters are a lot of fun, and Esperanza is too awesome. How 'bout you?
Sorry for replying so late but I've been busy this week haha
Anywho, like you, my primary issues with ending lie with the very ending of the last episode. Just felt really cliche with me and I'm honestly not sure where they could go from here. With what they teased, it sounds like it'll just retread what happened with season 1 but we'll see.
The actual last couple of episodes were really good though, I will agree. I love Esperanza, one of my favorite new side characters on a television show this year. Very well done by that actress. I also thought that the main kid stepped up in a big way from the first half of the season where I found him more annoying than anything else.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NBC Picks up new Sc-Fi Pilot 'Debris' from Fringe showrunner J.H. Wyman

The whole article reads like the writer was drunk/didn't have time to proofread, so I am sure this wasn't actually the state of the logline NBC sent in, but according to the article:

Written by Wyman, Debris is said to be in the vein of The X-Files and Men In Black. In it, two agents from two different continents, and two different mindsets, must work together to investigate when wreckage from a destroyed alien spacecraft has mysterious effects on humankind.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NBC Picks up new Sc-Fi Pilot 'Debris' from Fringe showrunner J.H. Wyman

The whole article reads like the writer was drunk/didn't have time to proofread, so I am sure this wasn't actually the state of the logline NBC sent in, but according to the article:
No, Variety has the same logline:
The series follows two agents from two different continents, and two different mindsets, who must work together to investigate when wreckage from a destroyed alien spacecraft has mysterious effects on humankind.

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
Syfy has given out a straight-to-series order for a show based on the iconic horror character Chucky, the central figure in the "Child's Play" film franchise.

"The League of Pan" is described as "a thrilling and mysterious continuation of the beloved story of Peter Pan" that picks up with the characters after 10 years on the mainland. Now Wendy Darling is grown up and extranged from the Lost Boys, but they must return to Neverland to face a new evil that is threatening the existence of the magical place they once called home. This return reignites bitter rivalries and unearths "twisted secrets" from their past.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Premise does sound intriguing, although there hasn't been a network sci-fi show as good as Fringe was. Or hell, even Almost Human so I'm doubtful but maybe it will surprise.
Well yeah, point being it's the same guy behind both of those. But also, I enjoyed Person of Interest (though maybe that was a bit lighter sci-fi in a way).

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Watch Giri/Haji, you cowards.
Watch Giri/Haji, you absolute cowards.
I literally opened this thread to post about the show and yours was the first post it opened to
Listen to Torre. I'm three episodes in, up far too late with work in the morning, and had to pry myself from watching more. It's a fantastic show. Incredible acting from the two main brothers. Kelly MacDonald is a treasure. She makes it look so natural. Unexpectedly funny, Justin Long in particular (what's he doing in this show?!) Is hilarious. It's a really really great show and I hope it gets more eyeballs on Netflix than it appeared to on BBC

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Hmmm I love Yakuza/detective drama, but I hate the British. At 8 episodes I could just try and smash it out in a day or two though.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm I love Yakuza/detective drama, but I hate the British.

2z9rwGq.gif

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Still wish Syfy would have picked up Deadly Class for a 2nd season, :(

Seems like that last Chucky movie flopped in the theaters, not sure people are really checking for anymore. At least Syfy still has The Magicians to hold me down.
The reboot/remake from last year? I don't know how much was spent on marketing but it was super low budget and made like four times it back in theaters. I don't know if I'd take that measurement of interest considering how bad it was and stupid it was, not that there's a lot of interest in Child's Play these days to begin with but the TV thing is a sequel of some sort to the original IIRC, with the creator running it.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
More Picard news: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...rd-renewed-season-2-at-cbs-all-access-1268720

Additionally, 12 Monkeys alum Terry Matalas has boarded Picard as an executive producer and also signed an overall deal with CBS TV Studios. Sources note that the studio pulled him off of its MacGyver reboot at CBS to come to Picard, which is a high priority for the studio. Matalas, sources say, will take over as showrunner in season two and help fill the void created by Michael Chabon's planned departure. A release announcing the renewal referred to Matalas only as exec producer, though sources say he is the likely eventual showrunner.

:O :O :O

I haven't watched his Macguyver run, but every 12 Monkeys fan should be happy.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
^^^^^^^

Not a big Star Trek guy, but 12 Monkeys is one of the most underrated shows of the past few years so that bodes well for Picard.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
B99 was made by the same dude that made / worked on Parks & Rec, The Office and The Good Place?

Damn son, now that's a resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.