• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I gotta say, I love how Superstore escalates plot points as well as bringing out old ones into the open.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Jan-12-SUN.png

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
About time for Shameless to end indeed, I hope the final season to be satisfactory, the Gallaghers deserve some happy endings. At least some of them do.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First trailer for the new Penny Dreadful show.

During Showtime's executive session at the Television Critics Association winter press tour Monday, the cabler revealed that the series will debut on Sunday, April 26 at 10/9c.

Created, written and executive-produced by John Logan — the mastermind behind the much-loved original Penny Dreadful — this "spiritual descendant" is set in 1938 Los Angeles, "a time and place deeply infused with social and political tension," reads the logline. "When a grisly murder shocks the city, Detective Tiago Vega (Fear the Walking Dead alum Daniel Zovatto) and his partner Lewis Michener (Nathan Lane) become embroiled in an epic story that reflects the rich history of Los Angeles, from its deep traditions of Mexican-American folklore to the dangerous espionage actions of the Third Reich and the rise of radio evangelism."

Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer is front and center as Magda, a shape-shifting demon. The cast also includes Rory Kinnear (aka Frankenstein's monster in the original Penny Dreadful) as Dr. Peter Craft, Piper Perabo (Covert Affairs) as his unhappy wife Linda, Kerry Bishé (Halt and Catch Fire) and Jessica Garza (The Purge). CSI: Miami vet Adam Rodriguez, Brent "Data" Spiner and scream queen Lin Shaye (all four Insidious movies) are set to recur.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to have watched the original Penny Dreadful show for this to make sense?
I'm going to guess no. I'm glad it has the OG showrunner back but this trailer didn't do much for me. The second season of penny dreadful was one of the best things on tv the year it came out though so I'll be giving this a shot at least

Also I'm in for Rory. He's one of the best actors working today and I'd watch him staring at grass grow

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to have watched the original Penny Dreadful show for this to make sense?
This takes place many decades after, in a completely different location -- so I would say absolutely not. Though I wouldn't be surprised if somehow one or two characters from the original end up appearing down the line, after all we're dealing with supernatural monsters and such.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I never watched Shameless. How good is it? Worth a watch?
I think it starts really strong in the first several seasons and then gets a little more worn out and almost repeating things as time goes on. Its not completely awful now, just a bit tired and not a bad time to finally end. I think its still worth a watch since its still mostly entertaining.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

It's absolutely worth the watch, I think. It's a Showtime show, so it's never gonna be bad quality, but it does get average as time goes by, and some schtick are getting rather repetitive and tired at some point. Seeing characters failing on repeat can take a toll on you at some point. But the characters and cast is great, and I have a fondness for all of them, and that is partly the reason why I have kerpt on watching throughout the years.

Last edited:

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
About time for Shameless to end indeed, I hope the final season to be satisfactory, the Gallaghers deserve some happy endings. At least some of them do.
Yeah, I pretty much checked out once I heard Fiona was leaving and they brought Mickey back. She really was the heart of that show and I've always hated the Ian/Mickey pairing. I wonder if she'll make an appearance in the final season.

Even at its worst moments Shameless is still pretty fun, it also has some of the best side characters of any series.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
It's absolutely worth the watch, I think. It's a Showtime show, so it's never gonna be bad quality, but it does get average as time goes by, and some schtick are getting rather repetitive and tired at some point. Seeing characters failing on repeat can take a toll on you at some point. But the characters and cast is great, and I have a fondness for all of them that is partly the reason why I have on watching throughout the years.

Shameless is great. Although the Joan Cusack years were the best, it's never terrible, and it's yet another case where the BBC kills its young and the U.S. picks it up, makes it last, and something great comes out of it.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Shameless is great. Although the Joan Cusack years were the best, it's never terrible, and it's yet another case where the BBC kills its young and the U.S. picks it up, makes it last, and something great comes out of it.

The original British version was shown on Channel Four, not the BBC. Maybe you are thinking of the American broadcast of the original series, which was shown on BBC America (which only showed the first season though).

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Showtime cancels Mark Boal-written "Intelligence" after straight-to-series order.
Written by Boal in his first foray into TV series, Intelligence, based on real stories from around the world, looked to explore the secret inner workings of power – how espionage intersects with politics, finance, media and Silicon Valley. The first season was planned to dramatize the behind-the-scenes history leading up to the 2016 U.S. election, with each subsequent season looking at a major world event through the lens of covert operations.

Showtime Networks Co-President of Entertainment Gary Levine told Deadline that the project will not make it to the pilot stage after not coming together creatively.

HBO signs Craig Zobel to 2-year deal after Zobel steps in to direct "Mare of Easttown"
The series started with Gavin O'Connor its director. The network said O'Connor has stepped back from directing duties for scheduling reasons, but will remain an executive producer. Created by Brad Ingelsby, the drama revolves around a small-town Pennsylvania detective (Kate Winslet) who investigates a local murder as her own life crumbles around her. Ingelsby is the showrunner, and the other exec producers are Gordon Gray, and Paul Lee and Mark Roybal for wiip. Winslet is also an executive producer in an HBO co-production with wiip.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure anyone should watch that new Penny Dreadful after how the writer ended the previous series. It's obvious the series needed a bigger budget. Else it's just teasing not showing kind of show. In other words, it's Supernatural post season 5 with nudity without any humor.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

I never thought this sounded interesting, so I'm okay with them not moving forward with it.

I'm not sure anyone should watch that new Penny Dreadful after how the writer ended the previous series.

I wouldn't blame John Logan too much considering we don't know for sure what went down. Something major clearly happened behind the scenes in the last season and none of the given explanations made sense so I'm hoping one day we learn the full truth.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't blame John Logan too much considering we don't know for sure what went down. Something major clearly happened behind the scenes in the last season and none of the given explanations made sense so I'm hoping one day we learn the full truth.
I weep for the lost Egypt-focused season they were clearly setting up.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought this sounded interesting, so I'm okay with them not moving forward with it.

Yeah it always seemed like Eva Green was at least partly responsible for the rushed final season despite what Logan said

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it always seemed like Eva Green was at least partly responsible for the rushed final season despite what Logan said

I am absolutely certain she dropped Penny Dreadful as soon as she was offered the title role in Miss Peregrine. She must have figured it would pay better and last longer than whatever gas Penny Dreadful had left in the tank.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure anyone should watch that new Penny Dreadful after how the writer ended the previous series. It's obvious the series needed a bigger budget. Else it's just teasing not showing kind of show. In other words, it's Supernatural post season 5 with nudity without any humor.
Lol, Penny Dreadful was never remotely as bad as Supernatural is right now. It's easily the worst show I watch. I can't wait for it to be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.