• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The ViacomCBS-owned network has ordered a first season of Mayor of Kingstown, which is produced by Yellowstone producer 101 Studios.

The show is set in a small Michigan town where the only industry remaining are federal, state, and private prisons, the story follows the McClusky family, the power brokers between the police, criminals, inmates, prison guards and politicians, in a city completely dependent on prisons and the prisoners they contain. It is a stark and brutal look at the business of incarceration.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
A sick part of me wishes Big Bang Theory had one more season.... just to see their reaction to The Rise of Skywalker.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Amazon scored a sci-fi series from Steve McQueen. Streaming Wars FTW!

"Last Days is a gripping sci-fi thriller where the world's governments have secretly created a controversial plan to selectively colonize Mars in the wake of a dying Earth and the rise of AI. The series will follow one woman's journey to explore the truth about where she came from, at the risk of losing everything she knows."

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2020/0...t-days-will-take-amazon-prime-viewers-to-mars

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think this season of Shameless has been better than the last few (though still not great).
The stories aren't amazing anymore but we love the characters and are always happy it's Sunday.
Personally I feel like the first 5-6 seasons had actual character development and growth, and everything after that was just them regurgitating the same things again and again for the sake of zaniness - tossing away any and all development in the process. I actually think this current season has started to get back to developing the characters a bit, so I've enjoyed it a bit more than the misery that was the proceeding ones. I actually suspect next season will be a return to form with them knowing it's the last. Just wish they hadn't torpedoed so many character arcs in the process.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
News roundup from yesterday:

Britannia renewed for S3

Vera renewed for S11

Starz is looking to bring back Dublin Murders for S2, but nothing is confirmed

Starz also confirmed that they're actively developing other "prequels, sequels, and spin offs" of Power, aside from the upcoming sequel starring Mary J Blige which has already been ordered to series and is currently filming.

They're also looking at spin offs of Outlander, though nothing is in development at the moment.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Starz is looking to bring back Dublin Murders for S2, but nothing is confirmed

Starz also confirmed that they're actively developing other "prequels, sequels, and spin offs" of Power, aside from the upcoming sequel starring Mary J Blige which has already been ordered to series and is currently filming.

They're also looking at spin offs of Outlander, though nothing is in development at the moment.

Can't say the upcoming Starz slate is looking too appealing to me. RIP Counterpart :(

I did see The Continental (John Wick spin-off show) won't be arriving until after the 4th movie, so late 2021. That and the Stephen Amell wrestling show are the only things I believe they have that are in my wheelhouse.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say the upcoming Starz slate is looking too appealing to me. RIP Counterpart :(

I did see The Continental (John Wick spin-off show) won't be arriving until after the 4th movie, so late 2021. That and the Stephen Amell wrestling show are the only things I believe they have that are in my wheelhouse.

I am very much looking forward to the Stephen Amell/Alexander Ludwig wrestling show 👀

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Jan-14-TUE.png

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Apparently the version of Peacock with ads might be free to everyone?

That means that it will likely offer a completely free version to US residents when it launches, as well as one that has more content, and perhaps less ads, for $5 a month. But that "paid" version should also be free to Comcast's 20 million pay TV subscribers. Comcast would like to strike deals with other pay TV providers to make Peacock available to their customers, too.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Also surprised that mixed-ish is doing better than black-ish. Don't know if its been like that for a while or boosted cause of the lead
It's been ahead or tied with black-ish for the entire season except for the last episode before the Christmas break. The only difference is that the difference between the two has grown since coming back last week.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jim strikes again! "Jack Ryan" on its 5th showrunner.

Starz reconfirms John Wick spin-off is in development, targeted to debut after JW4.
John Wick Update

The John Wick spinoff The Continental is still "moving along," Hirsch said. He noted that the plan for the project is to possibly air it after the fourth film in the Keanu Reeves-led franchise is released. The script, meanwhile, remains in development and execs at Starz are "trying to get it in the right place so it doesn't interfere with the motion picture side of the house," the exec said.

Status
Not open for further replies.