• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Same. I'd like one for my PS4 but if PS5 is backward compatible perhaps I should just save that money for it.

It is a ways off though.

The last time I got one it was via Dell when they had a sale that lined up with 15% Ebates cash back. It's tough to wait for the stars to align like that.

Mine is just for PC, so if I'm going 2TB it's going to be M.2.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Siege is MP only right. No single player campaign?

Right, MP only. I believe itll be free to play this weekend so you can try it out.
Multiple genres in this game. Possibly the scariest game you'll ever play (in the beginning), adrenaline charging then you just get hooked on creative ways to attack/defend.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I usually don't fuck with Black Friday, but we really need a new TV. About how impossible do you think it will be to grab that 65" 278$ TV right when it goes online for sale? Is it even worth trying?

Jan 16, 2019
My dilemma is whether I should buy the PS4 holiday bundle at $199 with the 3 games included and. A few other PS exclusives that I've been eyeing.

I've been an exclusive Xbox gamer this gen but I'm debating if I should just wait for PS5 because of back compat, thoughts?

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
My dilemma is whether I should buy the PS4 holiday bundle at $199 with the 3 games included and. A few other PS exclusives that I've been eyeing.

I've been an exclusive Xbox gamer this gen but I'm debating if I should just wait for PS5 because of back compat, thoughts?

Are you planning on getting PS5 day1? If yes then wait. If no, then the PS4 will keep you busy for the next two years (depending on how much you game).

Jan 16, 2019
Are you planning on getting PS5 day1? If yes then wait. If no, then the PS4 will keep you busy for the next two years (depending on how much you game).

I'll most likely get the new Xbox day one and PS5 down the line.

Definitely would be picking up uncharted collection and uncharted 4, Spider-Man and blood borne

this holiday bundle is excellent

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017

I'd say it depends on what you still want to play on the Xbox and when you plan on getting the PS5. Honestly getting the 199 bundle is a steal, you can play those (and other) games and then resell the console later, in the end you might end up 'paying' for the games only.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Still gotta wait for next week? @o@
it will partially depend on when other stores start but in general amazon starts doing some deals on the sunday, but they are few and far between, and then really kicks it into gear as thanksgiving starts with lightening deals every 15 minutes.

that being said in general I would only bother with amazon as a last resort.

they barely ever have any unique deals of note compared to other stores, and while other stores have their sale prices up for the whole time of black friday amazon regulates most of the matching of prices to the lightning deals. Want the $30 Super Mario Odyssey that Target and walmart will have... well I hope you are up at like 3am for a 15 minute deal to get it off amazon. (note I'm just saying a random time because that's how amazon rolls for black friday)

that's not to say amazon won't have any decent deals that other stores won't have but they are typically few and far between. Amazon in general has been just a place that price matches sales from other stores instead of pushing the way with their own deals for like 5+ years now.

they are just more popular than a lot of other stores so people often miss that the great amazon deal was just a price match.

thus I recommend just using https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cqMslQypWti54F36PZYZQ3qIH6buzJxbRjw4y3_hxHY/edit#gid=0 and snagging the games you want from other stores instead as most stores offer free shipping this time of year anyway.

Jan 16, 2019
I'd say it depends on what you still want to play on the Xbox and when you plan on getting the PS5. Honestly getting the 199 bundle is a steal, you can play those (and other) games and then resell the console later, in the end you might end up 'paying' for the games only.
Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards. Hoping Best Buy has the Bundle on sale before Black Friday

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Thanks
Reason i use amazon is that my history with retailers like it has been easier for me thur amazon ^^;

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks
Reason i use amazon is that my history with retailers like it has been easier for me thur amazon ^^;
That's a reason a lot of people use amazon. But as someone that has been black friday deal hunting for a long time it's way less stressful to just jump on the sites you know will have the game on sale that you want and get them that way instead of trying to find all the lightning deals for the games you want amazon will have which will just be the same price as the other stores 99.9% of the time. Especially since sometimes those lightning deals sell out in seconds.

again though, don't completely neglect amazon they can have a rare thing here or there that others don't have on sale (I've found this to be true with DVD tv series the most lol) but just that amazon relies heavily on people suffering from FOMO (fear of missing out) and thus tries to make every deal a FOMO deal so people just buy without thinking.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Gotcha, mind u i am more into hardware deals then game deals
Tho if amazon somehow decides to discount various delisted steam games i would.swoop down on those in an instant XD

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I really hope Amazon price matches the Gamestop deals on Sunday so I can buy the PSVR through Amazon instead of Gamestop lol. It's just a preference for me but if the option's there, I might choose same day pick up @ Gamestop. That way, I don't gotta wait for it to ship and can pick it up on Sunday ASAP. If not, I'll wait for Amazon to price match it I guess? lol

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Amazon price matches the Gamestop deals on Sunday so I can buy the PSVR through Amazon instead of Gamestop lol. It's just a preference for me but if the option's there, I might choose same day pick up @ Gamestop. That way, I don't gotta wait for it to ship and can pick it up on Sunday ASAP. If not, I'll wait for Amazon to price match it I guess? lol
Does gamestop have a different deal than the 199 5 game bundle or 249 2 game but with move controller bundle?

both of those deals are sony promoted deals so should be available in general on all major retailers once black friday deals start.

Gotcha, mind u i am more into hardware deals then game deals
Tho if amazon somehow decides to discount various delisted steam games i would.swoop down on those in an instant XD

that's fair. depending on what you are looking for hardware wise a good place to watch is eBay with sellers that are like newegg and what not as they often will match the store's sale price but then there will be a general 5-15% off coupon that will drop it down farther.

though I will note for things like CPU and Video cards that come with stuff like games the eBay listing often doesn't include those with it.

This often results in a listing that is like $10 cheaper than the site (before extra discount) but if you take into account you can likely sell borderlands 3 for $25 or so it might not be worth going that route. (but if you don't want to sell stuff then that is fine)

also I assumed hardware meant computer parts, if you are talking consoles and what not your best bet is likely going to be google express with a first time customer coupon as often the black friday prices will go live on there for a bit and you can get an extra 10-20% off that way.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018

Now is the perfect time and for an incredible price. Get the ps4 exclusives played over the next 12 months before next gen hits. You might never get the time again.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
My list of games I'm hoping get good enough deals to buy over the next 2 months start with BF.

Payday 2 dlc collection
Assassin's Creed Origins Complete
Call of duty modern warfare
Advanced warfare
Call of duty WW2
Wolfenstein youngblood
Days gone
Battlefield V
Destiny 2 Forsaken dlc
Crash Team Racing
The Last Guardian
Shadow of the Collosus
A way out

If I get even 8 of them I'll be happy. It will keep me going until next holiday.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Does gamestop have a different deal than the 199 5 game bundle or 249 2 game but with move controller bundle?

both of those deals are sony promoted deals so should be available in general on all major retailers once black friday deals start.

Nah, GameStop's Black Friday prices gonna be available supposedly on Sunday (according to the timer in OP's post) so I wanna get it ASAP

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to be certain I am buying the upgraded battery Switch vs the old one on BF?

The model number. For the new one it's HAC-001 (-01) (with the brackets) and for the old one it's HAC-001. Also the new box looks like this:

NewSwitchBox-720x246.jpg

Reports are that the model that's being bundled with MK8D (ie the BF bundle) is actually the old one, so unless you can find a different deal, I'd stay away from that deal.

Oct 29, 2017
Hi.

Is this a good gaming monitor? I am thinking about it, because I have been playing a lot of Groove Coaster on Steam and Switch, and this one can rotate to tate mode. Right now, I am physically laying my current monitor on its bezel for tate mode, and it would be neat to be able to flip easier! It will be on sale for $70 off starting tomorrow at Costco, down to $179.99.

LG UltraGear 27" Class FHD IPS G-Sync Compatible Gaming Monitor

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I think I will be getting Spiderman GOTY at $15. I'd also like to pick up SotC for $10 or less

Trying to decide whether it's worth picking up crash racing for $15 on Switch.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I really wanted to try to stay under 43" for a monitor/TV for my gaming setup but that deal on the 49" Q70R is making me itch...

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
The model number. For the new one it's HAC-001 (-01) (with the brackets) and for the old one it's HAC-001. Also the new box looks like this:

NewSwitchBox-720x246.jpg

Reports are that the model that's being bundled with MK8D (ie the BF bundle) is actually the old one, so unless you can find a different deal, I'd stay away from that deal.
Good look. Thank you!

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they bring back the budget version of the Samsung 2TB SSD that was $200. I think it was on sale at best buy and Amazon matched

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Hi.

Is this a good gaming monitor? I am thinking about it, because I have been playing a lot of Groove Coaster on Steam and Switch, and this one can rotate to tate mode. Right now, I am physically laying my current monitor on its bezel for tate mode, and it would be neat to be able to flip easier! It will be on sale for $70 off starting tomorrow at Costco, down to $179.99.

Yes. A couple drawbacks are that it has poor contrast, the pixel density is kind of low at 27", and it really can't do true HDR with its contrast and brightness capability.

All that being said, I plan to buy one.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Hi.

That's the one I'm getting. From what I could gather it's essentially the LG 27GL650F-B with less I/O

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Hi.

Seems pretty decent. I would defintely pick one up if i needed a monitor.

Oct 29, 2017
Yes. A couple drawbacks are that it has poor contrast, the pixel density is kind of low at 27", and it really can't do true HDR with its contrast and brightness capability.

All that being said, I plan to buy one.
That's the one I'm getting. From what I could gather it's essentially the LG 27GL650F-B with less I/O
Seems pretty decent. I would defintely pick one up if i needed a monitor.

Sweet, thank you! Going to Costco tomorrow when they open!