• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mod post - regarding thread rules
  • B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
    On Break
    Oct 25, 2017
    Attention:

I correspondeded with a mod (Jawmuncher) earlier today about whether I can make an alternate console screenshot thread that alters two rules (and the rest, consequently, remains identical) and adds a new one, because I have failed to reach Egg, the OP.

Alteration 1:

Increase the number of images per post from 2 to 5 (A grand total 10 in two posts). This target is not mandatory. Contributors may choose to submit up to 5 images in a single post and up to a maximum of 10 images in two consecutive posts.

Reason: Presumably there are multiple users like me who have thousands of images they have captured and want to share. The updated rules allow users to share more of their work per unit time.

Alteration 2:

Decrease the cool down period caused by inactivity between two consecutive postings from a single user from 2 hours to 30 minutes or 1/2 an hour.

Reason: This forum has members from all around the world with different schedules. As such, this alteration is meant to give members with limited free time greater opportunities than previously granted.

Alteration 3 (this one I have yet to discuss with a mod):

Spoiler tag screenshots displaying aspects sensitive to the story (like cutscenes with specific characters, or images of weapons or items deliberately obfuscated by developers prior to release of the game) for a year since launch of the game.

Reason: While it may sound harsh, the community thrives on understanding and a little of it can go a long way. There are myriad users, including myself, who are sensitive to spoilers (heck, I even have all the images turned off for this reason on home computer). Complying with this only consumes a few additional moments of your time and saves headaches for others.

The moderator has informed me that he will correspond with the admin about this and let me know of the outcome later.
    Official Staff Communication
    After some discussion, we have decided to stick with the old rules. There are a few reasons for this, which we will detail.

The 5 screenshots per post rule will more than double loading times. This will heavily penalize members on 100ppp in particular. The reduced cooldown rule will also likely lead to more repetitive screenshots. The old rules have worked well for both of these points, and were implemented to avoid certain issues, so we feel it would be best to stick with them.

Regarding the spoiler rule, whilst we understand the intention behind it, the current rule has served well without complaints, so we feel it will be too restrictive.

We can see that you are passionate about this, so thank you for reaching out, and we apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused.

Status
    Not open for further replies.