• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
A Plague Tale: Innocence | PS4 Pro
PbHQD2t.jpg
lDdqffy.jpg

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Attention:

I correspondeded with a mod (Jawmuncher) earlier today about whether I can make an alternate console screenshot thread that alters two rules (and the rest, consequently, remains identical) and adds a new one, because I have failed to reach Egg, the OP.

Alteration 1:

Increase the number of images per post from 2 to 5 (A grand total 10 in two posts). This target is not mandatory. Contributors may choose to submit up to 5 images in a single post and up to a maximum of 10 images in two consecutive posts.

Reason: Presumably there are multiple users like me who have thousands of images they have captured and want to share. The updated rules allow users to share more of their work per unit time.

Alteration 2:

Decrease the cool down period caused by inactivity between two consecutive postings from a single user from 2 hours to 30 minutes or 1/2 an hour.

Reason: This forum has members from all around the world with different schedules. As such, this alteration is meant to give members with limited free time greater opportunities than previously granted.

Alteration 3 (this one I have yet to discuss with a mod):

Spoiler tag screenshots displaying aspects sensitive to the story (like cutscenes with specific characters, or images of weapons or items deliberately obfuscated by developers prior to release of the game) for a year since launch of the game.

Reason: While it may sound harsh, the community thrives on understanding and a little of it can go a long way. There are myriad users, including myself, who are sensitive to spoilers (heck, I even have all the images turned off for this reason on home computer). Complying with this only consumes a few additional moments of your time and saves headaches for others.

The moderator has informed me that he will correspond with the admin about this and let me know of the outcome later.

Last edited:

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
God of War 3 Remastered - PS4

http:///iJvd.jpg

http:///lJvd.jpg

http:///hJvd.jpg

http:///kJvd.jpg

http:///jJvd.jpg

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
God of War 3 Remastered - PS4

http:///GMvd.jpg

http:///HMvd.jpg

http:///KMvd.jpg

http:///JMvd.jpg

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
i-Lo
Okay wait, what? You wanted a new thread with different rules... which, I guess is fine, but now you're just openly posting following these rules you decided on yourself, in this thread?

What is going on here?

FWIW, I am very much opposed to those new rules for this thread.

Deleted member 36037

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I'm in favor of the rules allowing for more screenshots to be shared but I find the new spoiler rule way too strict. As someone who abhors spoilers I also find it a bit contradictory that in order to follow the rule I would need to have knowledge of what the developers shared before the game launched. My personal anti-spoiler philosophy is that if I want to avoid spoilers for games I care about, I first and foremost do what I can on my end:
  • I only watch the first trailer and avoid the rest.
  • I avoid online discussions about the game.
  • I absolutely stay away from this particular thread (or turn off images).
  • I do these things until I've completed the game.
What I don't do is to presume that everyone else will accommodate my overly spoiler-phobic needs. And certainly not for a year.

Moss | PSVR Pro
23JoJWb.png

zDFPbEi.png

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
i-Lo
Okay wait, what? You wanted a new thread with different rules... which, I guess is fine, but now you're just openly posting following these rules you decided on yourself, in this thread?

What is going on here?

FWIW, I am very much opposed to those new rules for this thread.

Ah, sorry I forgot to mention earlier that during the initial correspondence with Jawmuncher, he stated that I could use the new rules in this thread until such time he hears back from the admins one way or another about the creation of a new thread.

And while on the subject of change, why are you opposed to them and what changes would you recommend in its stead?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I'm in favor of the rules allowing for more screenshots to be shared but I find the new spoiler rule way too strict. As someone who abhors spoilers I also find it a bit contradictory that in order to follow the rule I would need to have knowledge of what the developers shared before the game launched. My personal anti-spoiler philosophy is that if I want to avoid spoilers for games I care about, I first and foremost do what I can on my end:
  • I only watch the first trailer and avoid the rest.
  • I avoid online discussions about the game.
  • I absolutely stay away from this particular thread (or turn off images).
  • I do these things until I've completed the game.
What I don't do is to presume that everyone else will accommodate my overly spoiler-phobic needs. And certainly not for a year.

Moss | PSVR Pro

Well, it does come down to personal discretion given that's essentially is the nature of a spoiler. Some might consider one thing a spoiler whereas some others would not. That's why I did mention plot based spoilers like boss battles. With regards to your dilemma of having knowledge beforehand, let me clarify: I was considering a scenario like in God of War where the devs went to a lot of trouble to hide a set of items that hearken back to Kratos' origins. So, if you have played it you would know the value of such an item within the context of the narrative and its ramifications.

By the way, I see you are like me with regards to turning off all images.

As I said, it is a matter of extending a level of understanding. Perhaps, it's because I am a Canadian or perhaps the way I was brought up, but I like to extend all reasonable considerations to others to avoid accidentally stepping on anyone's toes. That said, it is not a foolproof solution.

mod post - regarding thread rules

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Attention:

I correspondeded with a mod (Jawmuncher) earlier today about whether I can make an alternate console screenshot thread that alters two rules (and the rest, consequently, remains identical) and adds a new one, because I have failed to reach Egg, the OP.

Alteration 1:

Increase the number of images per post from 2 to 5 (A grand total 10 in two posts). This target is not mandatory. Contributors may choose to submit up to 5 images in a single post and up to a maximum of 10 images in two consecutive posts.

Reason: Presumably there are multiple users like me who have thousands of images they have captured and want to share. The updated rules allow users to share more of their work per unit time.

Alteration 2:

Decrease the cool down period caused by inactivity between two consecutive postings from a single user from 2 hours to 30 minutes or 1/2 an hour.

Reason: This forum has members from all around the world with different schedules. As such, this alteration is meant to give members with limited free time greater opportunities than previously granted.

Alteration 3 (this one I have yet to discuss with a mod):

Spoiler tag screenshots displaying aspects sensitive to the story (like cutscenes with specific characters, or images of weapons or items deliberately obfuscated by developers prior to release of the game) for a year since launch of the game.

Reason: While it may sound harsh, the community thrives on understanding and a little of it can go a long way. There are myriad users, including myself, who are sensitive to spoilers (heck, I even have all the images turned off for this reason on home computer). Complying with this only consumes a few additional moments of your time and saves headaches for others.

The moderator has informed me that he will correspond with the admin about this and let me know of the outcome later.
Official Staff Communication
After some discussion, we have decided to stick with the old rules. There are a few reasons for this, which we will detail.

The 5 screenshots per post rule will more than double loading times. This will heavily penalize members on 100ppp in particular. The reduced cooldown rule will also likely lead to more repetitive screenshots. The old rules have worked well for both of these points, and were implemented to avoid certain issues, so we feel it would be best to stick with them.

Regarding the spoiler rule, whilst we understand the intention behind it, the current rule has served well without complaints, so we feel it will be too restrictive.

We can see that you are passionate about this, so thank you for reaching out, and we apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
After some discussion, we have decided to stick with the old rules. There are a few reasons for this, which we will detail.

The 5 screenshots per post rule will more than double loading times. This will heavily penalize members on 100ppp in particular. The reduced cooldown rule will also likely lead to more repetitive screenshots. The old rules have worked well for both of these points, and were implemented to avoid certain issues, so we feel it would be best to stick with them.

Regarding the spoiler rule, whilst we understand the intention behind it, the current rule has served well without complaints, so we feel it will be too restrictive.

We can see that you are passionate about this, so thank you for reaching out, and we apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused.

Thanks for heads up. Back to pre-existing conditions it is.

cyberFUTUR3

Nov 26, 2017
France

Thanks, I prefer the old rules too.

i-Lo, if you have too many screenshots too share, you should be more selective choosing them. Just keep the best and the less repetitive.
We (I) don't need to see hundreds of pictures of the same game.

Last edited:

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Man I've sunken a lot of hours into Days Gone already, but these screenshots really make me realize how beautiful the game is (aside from some pop-in when driving around).

Also FH4's world looks almost to pretty to be just driving around in. For reference: I find driving the most boring gameplay mechanic that exists. Give me a driving game and I'm done within 2 minutes.

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
Thinking about picking up A Plague Tale but why does it look so blurry on Xbox One X? Is it because of upscaling or post processing effects?

Anyway:

The Division 2 | Xbox One X | Photo Mode

46975151395_bdfb3272cd_o.png

46975188245_11c6bf8e1d_o.png

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about picking up A Plague Tale but why does it look so blurry on Xbox One X? Is it because of upscaling or post processing effects?

Yeah it's post processing. I'm playing it on PC and the game is very, very heavy on CA, vignetting and film grain and all that stuff. It get's a bit much sometimes. The game itself though is really, really good.

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
Yeah it's post processing. I'm playing it on PC and the game is very, very heavy on CA, vignetting and film grain and all that stuff. It get's a bit much sometimes. The game itself though is really, really good.

yes unfortunately on console we have not all the options that are available on the pc version to disable the effects to the image .. but it may have happened to the developers say ^^ and photo mode maybe.. but yes the game remains a real beautiful and great success <3 GG french guy's ;)

ONE PIECE World Seeker One X photomode

1558379076-sebmugi-onepieceworldseeker-20190520-18-14-58.png

1558379077-sebmugi-onepieceworldseeker-20190520-18-20-04.png

Status
Not open for further replies.