• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who should co-host the 2019 Oscar Special with Gregg?

• Mark Proksch (assuming he's able)

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Ayaka

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Gregg Turkington via VHS tape and TV

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Life-Like CGI simulation of Tom Cruise Jr.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • There's no replacement for Tim. Show must be cancelled.

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
2019_newoscarspecialnsk8l.jpg

Notice anything (on anyone) missing from the new On Cinema Oscar Special? Yeah. Tim is not too happy to say the least.

WHAT THIS FUCK IS THIS SHIT CALL ME NOW

@greggturkington must resign immediately as host of MY ON CINEMA OCSCAR SPECIAL - or Delgdos (Frauds who take advantage of sons death) must reinstate me as host or face legal parell.

Too much to post here so I'll just link their twitter feeds.

https://twitter.com/greggturkington

https://twitter.com/timheidecker

This looks to be the most explosive Oscar Special yet!

UPDATE
Legal proceedings have begun.

courtdoc_02-12-2019d3kfk.png

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
will the 360 camera return, or was that refunded at best buy

on-cinema.jpg

OP
OP
Venture

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
will the 360 camera return, or was that refunded at best buy
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Tim had to return those to pay off his debts. Plus Gregg wasn't a big fan of the whole VR thing so I doubt we'll be seeing it. I do expect to see some great hats though.

I have no idea what any of this means
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Cinema

Or better yet just start here and enjoy the ride. It's truly amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOMQEb3SY6k&list=PLRT5PdjVF-ipL5SPXbmZXzfBchXVR8JTo

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
My #boxofficeprediction? Gregg and the Delgados have a making of a smash hit on their hands. After this special is over, Oscar can go home and relax after his long service because we might as soon start calling them the Greggs. #bookit

madkiller

May 29, 2018
Gregg doesn't have a good track record of being a host. This will end up being a disaster.

Hopefully our father Tim Heidecker will save us from this mess.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gregg only got where he is because of Tim, so him hosting is basically Tim hosting. I think the Delgados are putting them against each other for their own nefarious purposes. That said, I expect Joe Estevez as cohost but that's not a choice (coincidence?).

OP
OP
Venture

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Gregg only got where he is because of Tim, so him hosting is basically Tim hosting. I think the Delgados are putting them against each other for their own nefarious purposes. That said, I expect Joe Estevez as cohost but that's not a choice (coincidence?).
Purely coincidence I assure you. Joe Estevez wasn't included because he's always a special guest, and you can't be special guest and co-host too.

This thread is not affiliated with Delgado™ Media Holdings.

OP
OP
Venture

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Updated the OP. Not surprisingly Tim has started legal proceedings today. Let's see if the Delgados flinch.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
you know someone who's smart and winning should have one of the people who win off airing before them come up and do their speech on air in their place once they win. as a FU to the broadcasting board

OP
OP
Venture

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Teaser for the 2019 Oscar Special. It's really "just" a greatest moments of all the previous specials but really well edited and genuinely hype inducing. Can't wait for next Sunday!

No joke, that's some of the greatest (and least appreciated) comedy ever produced.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I basically compiled every single piece of on cinema and side content and its like 38 hours worth. Has there been anything after S10? I only found some fundraiser and this.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tired of those attention-whoring Delgados. Your son died, fuckin boohoo. Get over it and don't ruin someone elses life just because you were shitty parents.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Can someone please provide a brief ELI5 on who the Delgados are and why this special is a big deal? I get that the OP is designed for those already in the know but my curiosity is peaked.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone please provide a brief ELI5 on who the Delgados are and why this special is a big deal? I get that the OP is designed for those already in the know but my curiosity is peaked.

Tim killed their son through negligence but got off on a technicality. He started a fund in the kid's name but took the money for himself, so the parents sued him and got ownership of the fund and his show. They gave him a chance to continue hosting with Gregg last year but it didn't go well, so they revoked his right to be part of the On Cinema Oscar Special.

The On Cinematic Universe is vast, spanning multiple shows, programs, and events over, god, a decade? There is so much to it but, honestly, every second is worth it. I believe you can watch the first three seasons on YouTube, then the rest on Adult Swim's site/app. Of course there is also Decker, the in-universe spy film/tv series (available on Adult Swim), the music of Dekkar and DKR (some of Tim's bands), the previous Oscar Specials, and (my absolute favorite) "The Trial of Tim Heidecker", also on Adult Swim.

There are a few episodes of the most recent season of On Cinema that are only available in VR or YouTube 360 video. They are upsetting and hilarious.

Due to the extremely meta nature show, fans frequently play along, treating the material as true – myself included, it's fun!
In fact, I'm certain I would get some people responding to me as if I was crazy for acting like it's fake :)))

I'm only going this far to explain it because I want you to understand that it is so, so worth watching. The episodes are all really short and digestible and you can kinda do other stuff as you watch them, which makes it perfect bingeable content.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Venture

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
I basically compiled every single piece of on cinema and side content and its like 38 hours worth. Has there been anything after S10? I only found some fundraiser and this.
I've got a few things.

Phoenix New Times interview with Tim about running for office, from May 2018
https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/arts/tim-heidecker-dishes-on-politics-film-and-music-10472951

Tim's "campaign Video" from September 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD0GPS8Okno

Tim and Gregg on the Best Show podcast, from September 2018. Starts at an hour and 1 minute in.
http://thebestshow.net/episode/tim-...-newbridge-autobody-scott-rogowsky-gary-more/
These are always great and worth checking out. As far as I know this is the third time they've been on.

Dekkar and Gregg at the Adult Swim Festival in October last year. Unfortunately the audio is screwed up for Gregg's part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h82-k6qqkLo

I've been trying to collect everything too and fit it into some kind of timeline.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't Tim suffered enough because of the Electric Sun accident? When are these CORRUPT Delgados going to stop holding the death of those kids over his head!

OP
OP
Venture

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
The Delgado conspiracy deepens...

we are still establishing a link between Kim Delgado and The Delgado Media Holdings family. no direct relation has been confirmed. Still, there are reasons to believe Kim is involved in #DelgadoDisaster

kimnok8d.jpg

I can't believe I never made the connection.

soma27

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone support to Patreon and listen to the Road to the Oscar podcast? Worth a listen?

I have been debating rewatching all this from the beginning - so good

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I bet Gregg won't even acknowledge the masterful performance that Tim gave in Ant-man and the Wasp. He's probably still spiteful that his character didn't make the sequel!

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Suuperior Count? HA! I bet Gregg has several copies of Dracula in his VHS collection, & Dracula's the most suuperior Count there is!

OP
OP
Venture

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Gregg's co-host is revealed...

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1098024416074579968
2019_newoscarspecialbmjke5.jpg

Or is it host? Kind of looks like Gregg got demoted on his own show.

Anyone support to Patreon and listen to the Road to the Oscar podcast? Worth a listen?

I have been debating rewatching all this from the beginning - so good
I'm curious about this as well. I was supporting them on Patreon for just a couple of months last year for the Oscar Special but I wish I'd kept it going. Probably missed out on some great stuff.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
God, I have to miss this Sunday and I'm so bummed! I'll watch it Monday morning but it won't have that same Oscar magic!!!!

(Also, I am curious about the podcast as well. Do you get all the back episodes if you support the Patreon?)

OP
OP
Venture

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
God, I have to miss this Sunday and I'm so bummed! I'll watch it Monday morning but it won't have that same Oscar magic!!!!

(Also, I am curious about the podcast as well. Do you get all the back episodes if you support the Patreon?)
Probably not. Last time I was signed up you only got access to the stuff from the months you were a member.

OP
OP
Venture

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they may be postponing the entire show for real (I'm guessing because of Brody Stevens).

Man that's rough. The name didn't register with me immediately when I saw it yesterday, but after looking at Tim's twitter feed I'm remembering him now from some Tim and Eric stuff. I certainly understand taking some time off to deal with this. Looks like Gregg will still be doing his thing.

Spiderz

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Ayaka knows Tim won't be there and doesn't show up on set to take him back.