• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chespace

Hearthstone Esports Global Franchise Lead
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, thanks much for the resource Jim!

Just a few admiring observations from my Control session this morning. The game is a great action sandbox. Everything has weight. Every bullet has a trajectory path and end point (which usually results in something shattering, breaking, splintering, crumbling, etc. with very good audio feedback. The action just feels physical and the systems all procedural.

This character was delightful and the fidelity on his face in real-time blew me away.

Real-time raytracing lulz

More subtle raytracing effects just grounding objects and environment. Ironically, the main character often feels the least connected to the world, as if it's being rendered differently than the environments in the engine. And outside of the main character, lighting on the NPCs is very inconsistent -- some look unbelievably good while others look like they're literally un-lit with very flat features.

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
FF XV:

My jaw dropped in this place! It's like concept art, i mean look at those details and all those polygons! xD

Final_Fantasy_XV_Windows_Edition_Super-Resolution_2019.12.24_-_22.52.17.53.JPG

Final_Fantasy_XV_Windows_Edition_Super-Resolution_2019.12.28_-_01.09.51.47.JPG

Final_Fantasy_XV_Windows_Edition_Super-Resolution_2019.12.28_-_01.11.35.82.JPG

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
How is FFXV on PC these days? Gorgeous looking game and i want another playthrough on PC, but last i played it, it had very bad stutters, like the game locked up for a split second every once in a while. Seems to be a common issue with the PC port.

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
How is FFXV on PC these days? Gorgeous looking game and i want another playthrough on PC, but last i played it, it had very bad stutters, like the game locked up for a split second every once in a while. Seems to be a common issue with the PC port.

Yes, sometimes there are weird fps problems like unplayable for a short time but they are so rare for me, i don't know why but generally it's happening when i do link attack from back. (gpu and cpu usage going down like crazy.) Certainly i can say %95 times working very stable so it's not big trouble to me and enjoying a lot! Sad to hear you lived big troubles though. :/

OP
OP

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried so very hard to get into FFXV. I wish I could. But... yeah I hated almost about everything about it. Which sucks because it looks like the visuals get a lot more interesting as you progress.

Deleted member 11276

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
halpsnj32.png

Here is Control running on my RTX 2060 laptop. Running with almost full raytracing (only without contact shadows) and WQHD with DLSS@720p plus a bit of sharpening from Nvidia control panel.

Settings are mostly maxed out, only Volumetrics set to low (I found out that performance cost is not worth it and the difference between high and low is not very noticeable) and Global Reflections to off (since RT replaces them)

I get a nearly rock solid 60 FPS. Only drops a bit in fights in large areas (such as this) Never drops below 53 FPS. Overall, super smooth gameplay.

Many people say Raytracing is not worth it on laptops, but when I look at the results I disagree. If you know how to tweak your games, you can get great results

OP
OP

Deleted member 1594

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Um... well, I guess it's time to think about the 2020 thread. Need to pick a banner, and it would probably be nice to throw in some shots from 2019 so feel free to send me some of your favorites and I'll look them over. Can also browse the thread a bit myself to find some stuff possibly.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Ball FighterZ

I don't know why people act like 4k gaming is unobtainable.
I've been super impressed with the amount of games I;ve been able to play in 4k high on a rx 470 I have in my htpc.

CFzdDvV.jpg

vRXoJwR.jpg

VILyeHx.jpg

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Decided to start Assassin's creed odyssey's 2nd DLC, that game looks great. (reshade + in-game photo mode)

PBAJ3RP.jpg

bNIPYBp.jpg

Also here's a screenshot of Elysium because Elysium is gorgeous hehe

bDhJsTZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.