• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

2019 PC Screenshot Thread

Gobsmack

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 5, 2019
What do you guys use for screenshots, specifically for games with Nvidia filters. I had to use bloody print screen for my screens to keep the Nvidia filters I added.

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
R8tedm3 RD2 shots looking very good but yes, not so impressive for me too but i think Red Dead Redemption 2 great with small details and when you go to forest areas, not like i played but as far i see from videos etc. game have especially fantastic drawing distance, lighting and crazy small details.

FFXV:

Last edited:

Gobsmack

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 5, 2019
RDR2 is all about the details, the animations, physics and small things. But it still is easily the best looking game I can think of atm with BFV, Metro and MW2019 SP

R8tedm3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
R8tedm3 RD2 shots looking very good but yes, not so impressive for me too but i think Red Dead Redemption 2 great with small details and when you go to forest areas, not like i played but as far i see from videos etc. game have especially fantastic drawing distance, lighting and crazy small details.
Exactly!! Volumetric effects/lighting are really well done, but everything else seems to be just ok. Textures are nothing to brag about, and tessellation is laughable at best. I guess since i never played the console version, everyone just hyped up the game to be something it really isn't. I mean almost everyone seems to be saying it's best looking console game, but imho it's not even close. But at the same time for a open world game it looks nice!

RDR2 |8k

Last edited:

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
To my eyes volumetrics are the only thing RDR2 has which puts it above average graphically.
Are volumetrics the reason why light sources in RDR2 look the way they do? Especially at night, like in the screenshots of Valentine posted above, I think the way things are lit around the individual light sources, with most other things being very dark, can look pretty convincing

RadCatDad

Feb 27, 2019
To my eyes volumetrics are the only thing RDR2 has which puts it above average graphically.
For me, it is how the high level of detail (shadows included) extends so far into the distance. The world looks visually consistent because of this. Too often open world games kinda deteriorate visually as the world extends away from you and levels of detail go down, and I feel like this game does a damn good job holding together at all ranges. It's not perfect, but it looks great.

OtisInf

Oct 27, 2017
RDR2 photomode enhancements:

Removes range/rotation limits, adds fov control, removes black bars in photomode.
Not done yet, more to come (hopefully :P )

Deadset

Nov 6, 2017

Removes range/rotation limits, adds fov control, removes black bars in photomode.
After enabling the "Remove photomode freecam range" i enter photo mode and the game immediately crashes to desktop.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a way to unlock Nvidia Ansel's super res option for photo taking.

Want to take higher res screenshots like I do for Witcher or Kingdom Come. Don't know if there's a way for it.

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, great RDR2 shots, drawing distance even more insane on PC as natural. :O Also those clouds looks delicious. xD

No Ansel for RDR2 is sad though.

FF XV:

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017

This is wonderful, thanks as always for the tools.

Crossing my fingers for an ability to unpause the game while in photo mode for video making.

319Jevity

Nov 15, 2017
RDR2PC.

Once again, off to new adventures.

With the moonlight leading the way, the ghost train keeps riding through the night. Forever.

Last edited:

OtisInf

Oct 27, 2017
RDR2 table:
- photomode enhancements (black bar removal, range removal, fov control)
- weather control
- removal of black bars in cutscenes
- hud toggle
- timestop
- hotsampling support
- time of day support (Hours)

RDR2

ken_matthews

Oct 25, 2017
My goodness, RDR2 is a good looking game. One of the things I really like is the lighting, especially the abundance of shadow casting lights, indoors and outside.