• Reminder: Scheduled maintenance will begin on the hour.
  • The site will be down for scheduled maintenance this Friday the 24th at 2AM PST / 5AM EST / 9AM UTC while we perform a software update. We expect this process to take up to 5 hours. Thank you for your understanding and patience. New features will be included.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

2019 State of the Union |OT| I'll allow it - Nancy (2/5 at 9pm ET)

Oct 28, 2017
She's a Black Woman politician

If she coughed during the speech, people would have ripped her shit

You can't even pretend to think that she's playing at fair standards or without preconcieved notions
Exactly. If she shows too much emotion it's going to be on all media, not just Fox. Black women cannot get a break in the media

Slayven

You probably post about me on another board.
Oct 25, 2017
I would assume the RNC response was written up before seeing her speech, but it's just so funny since she only talked about present issues while Trump gave us a full history lesson including pulling out Buzz Aldrin.
Trump pulling out all the stops seem like despartion for some kinda of approval.

Oct 27, 2017
I would assume the RNC response was written up before seeing her speech, but it's just so funny since she only talked about present issues while Trump gave us a full history lesson including pulling out Buzz Aldrin.
I hope there's a DNC response to the RNC response to the Democratic SoTU response to the SoTU.

Oct 25, 2017
that was for sure pre written when Abrams was announced as the Democratic rebuttal speaker. Didn't actually address anything she said at all.
Ironically it's only them who are "stuck in the past" by only obsessively talking about the election result while Abrams said only relevant, present info.

Mar 4, 2018
And Bernie's going. Looks like those power naps during the SOTU helped, he seems reasonably energetic even if he's stumbling every now and then on delivering. Congratulated Abrams at the start, though.

Royalan

Buy Bionic. Please.
Oct 24, 2017
Some people wanted the Democratic response to be a counter in a food fight.

Democrats can't get away with that.

More bluntly, Black Women can't get away with that.

Realize and understand the different ways society perceives different people. Abrams would not have escaped the Angry Black Woman caricature.

More to the point, and speaking personally, as a Black person...my heart was so warm, so fulfilled, at seeing this ignorant, stupid, unintelligent white man tripping over his words, so accustomed to privilege...being responded to by an intelligent and self-made Black Woman exhibiting the epitome of grace and eloquence. Stacey Abrams was in every way a contrast to the nearly two hours of mental vacancy we were just subjected to.

Oct 26, 2017
The only take away from this entire speech is Trump's threat of no legislation so long as he's being investigated.

That part was so strange and didn't fit the speech at all. It was terribly written and Hilarious that was his segue into criminal justice reform.

The whole speech was written so poorly. Steven Miller is such a racist fucking fraud.

Oct 25, 2017
Some people wanted the Democratic response to be a counter in a food fight.

Democrats can't get away with that.

More bluntly, Black Women can't get away with that.

Realize and understand the different ways society perceives different people. Abrams would not have escaped the Angry Black Woman caricature.

More to the point, and speaking personally, as a Black person...my heart was so warm, so fulfilled, at seeing this ignorant, stupid, unintelligent white man tripping over his words, so accustomed to privilege...being responded to by an intelligent and self-made Black Woman exhibiting the epitome of grace and eloquence. Stacey Abrams was in every way a contrast to the nearly two hours of mental vacancy we were just subjected to.
Exactly. After listening to the dummy stumble upon his words for 90+ minutes and wanting to shoot myself...figuratively of course, it was soothing and comforting to hear Stacey discussing what transpired in the last few months and what needs to be done.

EDIT: Here's her response in case people didn't catch it the first time.