2019 State of the Union |OT| I'll allow it - Nancy (2/5 at 9pm ET)

Dec 26, 2018
Why

What could Trump do? Remove her from office? Execute her? Is she worried about the right attacking her? As if they don't do that already on an hourly basis. It's not like Pelosi doesn't criticize Trump all the fucking time. Oh but now she has to lie about sarcastic clapping because…? This isn't Pelosi playing 4D chess while trying to become the petty queen of social media. It's someone fucking clapping while a bunch of people get really delusional about it.
It's not about Trump, it's about decorum and Pelosi knows how to stay looking professional at all times because she's really good at what she does. Telling a white lie like this means nothing in the grand scheme of things. This isn't a master plan, doesn't have to be. People are sarcastic to others while putting on a front of plausible deniability all the time. I wouldn't think this was something outside of her ability to do, particularly when her own daughter confirms this isn't out of character for her to do.

I mean, you're clear ignoring what Pelosi herself is saying since it doesn't fit your biases so...
I'm willing to entertain other options as possible, but you don't seem to do so for mine and ignore questions to how you came about your conclusions.

Are you capable of containing multiple thoughts in your head at once? You can criticize someone for doing something shitty without thinking they're a terrible person. Or are you just this immune to criticism of your favorite politicians?
Of course, but you're not giving me much about why you think the worst about her without spending a few minutes looking at other possible options for her behaviour. I assume you have a problem with her because you're not hesitating in the slightest to paint her as a bad guy for clapping? Something which you refuse to go into why you feel this way. I'm not against criticising Pelosi, or anyone else I like, where I draw the line is not adeptly explaining how you got to that conclusion and ignoring other evidence and her character - she's just bad and that's it because she clapped one time when you didn't like it once.

Oct 25, 2017
wouldn't think this was something outside of her ability to do,
It's quite a leap from "this isn't outside of her ability to do so" to "yep, this is definitely the case and anyone who disagrees is just a hater"

I think she clapped for a dumb hateful man for a dumb reason. I think a whole bunch of Democrats in that room clapped for Trump for dumb reasons. And it's so much easier to spin and reach and find any reason we can to defend people we admire rather than actually criticize them.

I'm willing to entertain other options as possible
Really?

without spending a few minutes looking at other possible options for her behaviour.
I have looked at the (one) other option, it's what we've been arguing about this entire time. It only exists because of idiotic social media worship culture. There's nothing actually there.

You shouldn't

I'm not against criticising Pelosi
Uh huh

not adeptly explaining how you got to that conclusion
Well of course not. I may as well be arguing with a brick wall here. Pelosi herself saying it wasn't sarcastic? Not good enough, clearly she's lying for no real reason and to nobody's benefit. Basic common sense? Nope, she's a petty queen sarcastically owning Trump. There is no piece of evidence or any argument compelling enough for you. I would have an easier time getting pigs to fly then convincing you that Nancy Pelosi isn't the patron saint of sarcastic clapping.

If this was anyone but Nancy Pelosi, this wouldn't even be a thing. People would just laugh at an other out of touch politician clapping for Trump's big boy speech and move on.

Jul 25, 2018
It's not about Trump, it's about decorum and Pelosi knows how to stay looking professional at all times because she's really good at what she does. Telling a white lie like this means nothing in the grand scheme of things. This isn't a master plan, doesn't have to be. People are sarcastic to others while putting on a front of plausible deniability all the time. I wouldn't think this was something outside of her ability to do, particularly when her own daughter confirms this isn't out of character for her to do.
100% agree. She maintains her usual appearance of professionalism, and at the same time, we all know and nobody can prove otherwise. Nancy saying it wasn't sarcastic also shuts down further discussion because anyone saying it wasn't must be calling her a liar, and Trump lacks the balls to do that. We all still know. I totally believe her daughter on this.