• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Streaming links:
Will add more links as they come up.

Link.

When and what time is Trump delivering the 2019 State of the Union?
  • President Donald Trump is scheduled to appear before a joint session of the 116th Congress in the chamber of the House of Representatives to deliver the 2019 State of the Union address on Feb. 5, at 9 p.m.
How can I watch this year's SOTU?
  • All major networks and cable news channels will broadcast the speech live. The White House will stream it live on its website, as will news networks through Facebook.
Who's delivering the Democratic response?
Stacey Abrams, the 45-year-old former Georgia state representative who fell short in her high-profile 2018 gubernatorial bid but energized liberal voters in the South, will deliver the Democratic response to Trump's address.​

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) announced her selection last week, and Abrams is eyeing a 2020 Senate run to oust Republican David Perdue.​

The president offered some warm words from the Oval Office last week for the rising Democratic star.​

"I respect her. I don't know her, I haven't met her, but I hope she does a good job," Trump said.​

California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, a former congressman from California and close Pelosi ally, will deliver the Spanish-language response.​

Last edited:

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I look forward to the eventual summaries, particularly from people here.

After watching his first Congressional address (if I'm remembering right) I just haven't been able to watch the States of the Union. Even though it felt like my duty as a citizen every year prior.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Gross, no thanks.

I'll be meditating around then too. Seems like I got lucky with the timing.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I can't watch the lying racist. I'll wait for the fact-checked recaps.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
*settles into this thread to use it as a defacto live blog because I ain't watching that ish directly.*

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1092944749928083457

Stacey Abrams to say: "The shutdown was a stunt engineered by the President of the United States, one that defied every tenet of fairness and abandoned not just our people - but our values. "

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1092944881532788736

Abrams to say: "This is the next battle for our democracy, one where all eligible citizens can have their say about the vision we want for our country. We must reject the cynicism that says allowing every eligible vote to be cast and counted is a "power grab.""

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The kids at my daughter's school weren't offered extra credit for watching the SotU this year. I suppose there's no educational opportunity in listening to Trump ramble nonsense for two hours.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Super ready for the unity pivot. It's not like he tried for unity last year while shitting on anyone who opposes him.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to watch this on Spanish TV

I understand very little Spanish but I understand trumpspeak even less so ....

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Eh..I'll catch the highlights of his rambling nonsense. I watched it last year...the sounds of him breathing heavily and clapping into the microphone are not sounds that I want to listen to for like an hour.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Nice title OP.

Ill-allow-it-Community-Chang.gif

With that said, I'm skipping this one.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Plea for unity? Get the fuck outta here you massive orange cunt. How dare they separate 4000 children from their families and expect us to come together. Hollow ass motherfuckers. Fuck Trump and every Trump supporter.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Will wait for it to make the rounds on the various late night shows.

stressboy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather listen to the sounds of a truck stop mens room than listen to 45 speak, so I'll pass.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I'll watch as much as I can before I get angry enough to bail. Wonder how hard his breathing will get after 5 minutes.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I can only "listen" to Trump filtered through ResetEra or some other indirect source. Listening to him directly makes me a combination of physically ill and angry.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1092952302464483330

Trump to say: "No issue better illustrates the divide between America's WORKING CLASS and America's POLITICAL CLASS than illegal immigration. Wealthy politicians and donors push for open borders while living their lives behind walls and gates and guards. "

Nothing I love more than an appeal to the working class from a man who *checks notes* literally lived in a gilded golden palace in the sky.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kavanaugh with that shit-eating grin. Fuck off you giant piece of shit.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be monitoring this thread. I don't want to listen to Trump. Will he go off script tonight?

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only going to watch for possible sniffles, "United Shakes", or INEEDWATER moments. Hope he poops his pants and falls down.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
Just want to say RIP to Gwen Ifill. Whenever I watch the SOTU, I think of her and Judy Woodruff together. As for the speech, I'm sure it will be wild.